The RMAH "conspiracy" is a pretty obvious fact atm

General Discussion
Completed Act 2 Inferno on my DH (Finally!)

This without buying gear on the AH. It was a slow painfull ride but get this:

Not ONE SINGLE GEAR UPGRADE from the entire act.

Not joking, not a single item even with 5xNeph buff. So I think to myself "Hell I'll go on the AH and buy something instead"

I may have died alot progressing but I thought atleast I'd be able to BUY ONE SINGLE ITEM UPGRADE. I was wrong... with my 350k money - I can maybe afford 1/10th of an items price that is an upgrade. Because of the amount of people using exploits/abuses and "Clever use of game mechanics" gold has inflated to retarded hights. Seeing gold for insane amounts like 1 million? Worse - try 10 million for a single item.

I never minded RMAH in Diablo 3. But the entire game design is built around having to buy gear, not farm it - to progress.

Spending weeks playing and seeing zero reward for your time. Great.

Guess the "conspirators" were right. This game is made around forcing people to use RL money to play it. That is ofcourse - exluding abusers/exploiters and so on. The average legit playing guy on the street? Open your purse or move on. I choose move on, not that anyone cares - but D3 isnt a slot machine that gives you rewards, but sh!t instead. Now if youll excuse me, Ill go wash my hands.

Inferno - the "Superhard mode" that will give "Epic rewards" for your trouble. Try 1-shotting cheapshot mode with zero rewards.
You haven't bought any gear on the AH, yet have only 350k gold?

Get out of here.
Maybe he did a lot of crafting and didn't get anything useful.
JC lvl10
BS lvl10

Had a WD main I spent gear on from AH. But rerolled DH.

On my DH I did buy some gear, pre-60. After starting Inferno act 1 - I never bought an item. (The game starts on 60, and I never bought anything expensive pre-60 - just a few items worth maybe 15-40k here and there)

Repair is expensive. And I used 750k upgrading gems to the highest possible. Thats where my money went. Never found any items worth a damn selling on the AH.

Get out of here.

You can spend loads of gold on the blacksmith. At lvl 10, some recipes cost you upto 50k gold to create, not to mention the amount of fail items that come out of them :). So if he used blacksmith all the way, he used the money there.

Get out of here.

Cause maxing BS/JC and crafting top gear/gems is free right?! Even a blind guy could see that. If he doesn't buy gear from AH, then he is crafting atleast part of it, if not all. So crafting costs, profs leveling, normal repairs and stash upgrades will drain most of your gold if u just did progression with 0 farming and didn't get any decent drop to sell in AH.

Get out of here.

You can spend loads of gold on the blacksmith. At lvl 10, some recipes cost you upto 50k gold to create, not to mention the amount of fail items that come out of them :). So if he used blacksmith all the way, he used the money there.

That is correct, I crafted alot of gear only to find out crafting is horrible. 50k for sovereign gear with stats so bad they wont even sell for 15k at the AH.

Also clearing entire act 2 without a single upgrade? Even with bad RNG this shouldnt be possible. 30+ packs of elites and maybe 10 Q mobs with 5x neph only to see items so horrible even the vendor facepalms at them.
The RMAH conspiracy would have more substance if the RMAH was actually available and had not been postponed several times. I'd certainly have bought a 1200 dps weapon last week. Now, or in two weeks, I'm not so sure, because I got past that point where I felt stuck.
05/06/2012 08:16Posted by Ouroboros
30+ packs of elites and maybe 10 Q mobs with 5x neph only to see items so horrible even the vendor facepalms at them.

haha, that was funny
But yea, I think if AH wouldn't define the drop rates I think a lot of people wouldn't mind.

And Mivo, drop rates were tuned for Rmah long before release.
I am currently stuck on Belial and for my 760k gold I can't buy even 1 item upgrade, any slot. By upgrade I mean real upgrade, I don't consider blowing all gold for 5 main stat an upgrade.
I got this bow in the act 2 beginning http://i.imgur.com/grYMd.jpg

Also I got few other upgrades, like very decent boots and superb gloves.

I also bought some items of auction house and totally spent about 400k on items there..

Weird no ?
I got this bow in the act 2 beginning http://i.imgur.com/grYMd.jpg

Also I got few other upgrades, like very decent boots and superb gloves.

I also bought some items of auction house and totally spent about 400k on items there..

Weird no ?

Your bow suck hard, sorry to learn you this.
For a game that revolves around the pure definition of "luck" taken to a whole new level with Diablo 3, compared to D2...it's very hard (specially mentally) for someone who just is unlucky..to spend a month progressing the game.....and seeing others around him trololol the game just because they got luckier, in less then 2 weeks.

The loot value/iLvl this game offers is extremely bad.

For those who say this game requires skill..please..shut up. U have no clue or u didn't play any other game that truly demands skill.
05/06/2012 08:24Posted by Bencze
And Mivo, drop rates were tuned for Rmah long before release.

They were not tuned for the RMAH. They were designed with the availability of an AH in mind, which doesn't mean more than that legendaries won't drop crazily all over the place because if they did, we would have 10,000 of each in the AH instead of 50-100 of each as it is right now.

Why is that a bad thing? Trading is part of the gameplay, and so yes, using the AH is part of playing the game. If you want to handicap yourself, you can completely ignore it, and your progress will be slowed down. You can also play HC, which won't even have a RMAH.

I think people read too much into Bashiok's post. I felt that what he said was pretty much common sense.They always said it would take most people months to get through Inferno. Two or three weeks of farming or crafting are nothing. (I farmed in D2 for a decade and there were still items I never actually got to drop -- and D2 did not have an AH.)
It was meant to be a SINGLE player game, so no sorry the AH should not have an effect on drop rate.

And yes since the game wasnt tested at all by the beta players, there is still a lot of exploit to do(i'm using those as wall).

But actually i understand why did blizzard do this game.

Wow player got it for free, since we all know how stupid enough they are to buy stuff with real money, blizzard made the drop rate real low so people will actually think "well spending 10 euros to save 50 hours of farm is worth it"

the funny thing is when the RMAH will be available ALL THE DECENT ITEMS will be on it, only a few of them will be on the AH and for INSANE amount of gold.

But w/e, i was a fan of blizzard (bought Warcraft/war2/war3/sc/sc2/D2/D3), but this, i cannot defend it and now i wont buy any games from them until ppl played it for months before.
I also ran through the full act 3 hell with full neph buff (for a total of +236% MF), and only useful things i found were 3 items, that _might_ sell, but not guaranteed. And when they sell, then maybe for 25k?

What a joke the drop rates are. What is the point of playing this game?

Funny how blizzard hates the chinese gold farmers, yet they now have made every player into one. At least those who want to actually get some good gear.

I think i will wait for some patches that have some informationa bout loot before i care to spend 5h on an evening farming, that has no reward whatsoever.

Sadly Blizzard turned Diablo 3 into an MMO with all the drawbacks of one (lag/latency, impossible to dodge projectiles properly, dependency on their servers etc) yet with none of the benefits (social aspect, raiding, huge world, loads of quests, variety etc etc etc).
I dont care anymore man, I really dont.
I play the sweet game that is called Diablo 3.
You go ahead and dream about a WoW+Diablo 2 + HD + whatever !@#$ you want.
I DONT CARE!

Get out of here.

You can also go to inventory screen and drop a neat pile of 50k gold on the floor and leave the game, but why would you do that?
People see the items selling for 10 million on the auctionhouse and think this is what people have and are using? The 10 million gold items are very powerful items and not something the average player will be able to afford, try looking for lower tier items, stuff that doesn't have 4 good stats but instead 3. If you are a demonhunter, just buy cheap rings with dex, ias and thats it, they are very cheap. Buy a 2handed weapon with a socket, for 1 mil you can get like 900-1000 dps, very close to the "top" weapons. Then try building a separate set of magic find items, or if you can, try to find gear with magic find already on it...

Demonhunters can forfeit vitality completely and still be viable in act3 where the best loot drops.

I've been farming like a madman since the start, hit 60 in 2,5 days and now I got tons of dps and magic find but I still can't afford to get 10 mil items for every body part. It's a slow process...
I think the fact that you made wrong choices is pretty obvious. You've just spent your money on crap instead of buying from AH. It was YOUR choice. You could have had plenty of millions to buy things from AH

If you say "Ok, but then BS and JC are useless", then OK, they are obviously worse than just buying from AH
The OP is kinda retarded because he doesn't understand the concept Blizzard is applying here. Do you know how freemium work? The difference here is we payed 60$.

You can play all the content but it takes time but if you bring cash ($$$) the time constraint is taken away from you.

So in D3 you say you played the game without the (RM)AH. Cool. But a person who buys from the (RM)AH can play a lot easier than you and that is important for many people that don't want to waste time farming and straight go for that good gear some chinese farmed for them for hours.

So your example doesn't prove anything. Now sit down.