Commodity Auctions Available

General Discussion
As many of you are aware, commodity trading on the auction house is in the process of being brought back online. We're activating the full functionality of this system incrementally in each region, so please be patient if some features are unavailable to you right now.

To keep you updated on the issue, we had to keep commodity trading inactive longer than anticipated in order to add the hardware and system optimizations necessary to handle the overwhelming popularity of the gold auction house, and the number of trades that resulted. We understand the frustration this has caused many of you and apologize for the interruption of your entrepreneurial enterprises. Through ongoing functionality tests and the monitoring of systems performance, we'll continue working to make sure the auction house remains a stable place to buy and sell your goods.

When trading commodities are available again you'll also notice some functionality changes, namely:
  • Prices will fluctuate less frequently when performing repeated searches.
  • Gold will be refunded when buying a commodity if a less expensive offer was found by the auction house after the initial search was run.
  • Commodity error messages may appear when commodities found during a search become sold out before a buyout is confirmed.

We're excited to have commodity trading once again made available and hope to see a bustling economy soon. We'll also continue working to improve auction house functionality and appreciate your continued feedback!

Commodities on the Real-Money Auction House

As we prepare to launch the real-money auction house, we want to make sure that commodity trading remains quick and stable. To that end, it’s possible that the RMAH will launch with item trading only and commodities would come online at a later date. The team is hard at work getting commodities ready for trading with real-world currency and plans to activate this feature as soon as is feasible, whether or not that aligns with its initial release.
Thanks!
Can you explain how the "new" commodity-trading works? What is the difference? How will prices fluctuate less frequently?
They'll probably show you an average price instead of the lowest available to stop ppl from spam searching and waiting for somone to put it up way to cheap.
well now this system makes much more sense than before!

i wish you could add some explanation to the search results window as well, something like this:
"Average price per 10 trades: XXX, found results price: YYY. No need to search again for 3 minutes since we'll only show you this cached result. On the other hand, if better price is available when you buyout, we'll use the lowest one and return your money difference along with your purchase".
I've added an auction for gems over an hour ago. They haven't sold and the currently going price displayed to me in the search is higher than what I'm offering. Say what?

edit: the first auctions have gone through so it just seems a lot slower than it used to be.
You cannot find your own auctions when searching.

unfortunately your gems havent sold because... well... they havent sold.

Try reducing the price or waiting.
I can find my own weapons when I sell them, I'd be surprised if gems were different. Either way, see edit above.
I heard HANA servers are pretty good for big amounts of data processed in real time ;)
If you have crafted your own gems they will not show up (if you have lowest price). its a bug and it has been in D3 for weeks now. The only solution is to socket the gems into gear and salvage that gear. Then you can sell the gems.
09/06/2012 15:53Posted by Lugzan
I heard HANA servers are pretty good for big amounts of data processed in real time ;)

SAP Consultant?
12/06/2012 10:29Posted by Gokke

SAP Consultant?

project manager in that area.
08/06/2012 17:44Posted by Meozeldian
We'll also continue working to improve auction house functionality and appreciate your continued feedback!

!
18/09/2013 16:16Posted by Rayquorz
We'll also continue working to improve auction house functionality and appreciate your continued feedback!

!

the irony of it all... =)
18/09/2013 16:55Posted by Lugzan
It is an "older than a year" post... Seems they changed their minds. And for the best.
Damn you necro trolls, I thought they are giving some fresh update on Commodities in post-apocalyptic era :)
18/09/2013 17:01Posted by Nightshade
It is an "older than a year" post... Seems they changed their minds. And for the best.

I know. I'm not accusing them of not keeping their word or anything, but I just couldn't help but point out the irony.
I guess they decided not to improve the AH functionality.