Attack Speed Nerf. Protect your rights as consumers

General Discussion
Prev 1 32 33 34 37 Next
How can we trust they wont even nerf our next builds, how can I know that after I spend millions for another DPS set (i.e crit/critdmg items) they wont get nerfed with next patch. What the !@#$ is this bull%^-*, I didnt and I never spend money on pixels but I totally understand OP's frustration. Even he is tied by EUAL, he is being robbed by blizzard and prolly there are many more costumers out there like him.

Blizzard crossed the line this time with their hunger for money, even if they hold every right against angry players they have lost HUGE REPUTATION and reputation is really hard to build.
this thread will be deleted in a moment i assume :P
21/06/2012 18:37Posted by SpectrusV
this thread will be deleted in a moment i assume :P

Doubt it. A blue deleted another thread and directed everyone to this one.
Sure, we're customers.
Though Blizzard still can do what ever they'd like. As we doesn't buy a part of the game when we buy Diablo III. To be correct we more or less rent the game.
As Blizzard can take it back at wich second they'd like.
EULA/Terms of Use states that they can do what ever changes whenever they want to whoever they want.

They CAN ban you for just the lolz, if they wanted too. Now that would be kind of pointless since they would loose a customer(income).

So basiclly we have no rights in this matter. And we have to live with it.
Sure, we're customers.
Though Blizzard still can do what ever they'd like. As we doesn't buy a part of the game when we buy Diablo III. To be correct we more or less rent the game.
EULA/Terms of Use states that they can do what ever changes whenever they want to whoever they want.

They CAN ban you for just the lolz, if they wanted too. Now that would be kind of pointless since they would loose a customer(income).

I love how people throw around the ToU and EULA like its law. Lol

When stuff like this happens that involves real money, State Laws sh!t on the EULA/ToU.
+1
I was merely pointing out that even though we both agree on something it can still be illegal.
In this case we simply don't know (yet).

My personal view on the value of the ias items is that even though they have been devalueated they are still very good items. Now with the rmah in mind it's not good buisiness to start retroactive nerfs because they create instability on the market. People will be reluctant to buy because it can get devalued the next patch.

If it had been my call i'd left existing items and set the new stat min max on newly dropped items. Not only do they stabilize the market this way, it gives them the opportunity to create pre-nerf items not attainable anymore.

Off topic, I'm slightly surprised and pleased that it seems someone is willing to have a sensible, reasonably, thoughtful debate on such a topic on these forums, regardless of differing opinions. There is hope yet! :D

I agree that nerfs should be carefully considered because of it's affects on the market. In terms of this IAS nerf, I believe that IAS needed nerfing, but measures could have been taken to "soften" the blow. Mainly, weapons with attack speed on them (that is calculated in it's DPS) could have received and appropriate weapon damage buff to keep their DPS the same. The loss of DPS people have received seems mainly due to weapon attack speed nerfs, rather than flat AS on rings/ammys/gloves etc. Keeping the DPS of the weapons the same, but with a smaller portion from AS would have helped to soften the blow (and thus curb the outrage) whilst also fixing the problem of AS being too strong a stat.

As for existing items vs new items, this would have created 2 problems in my view:

1) People would be outraged that others who had insane DPS through IAS aspeed pre nerf were not affected and thus have an unattainable level of godhood against themselves
2) The pre nerf items would become ridiculously valuable, gold/£ wise. Either Blizzard would need to make the bound (bringing up a whole new level of outcry on the forums no doubt) or just suffer the market consequences of a limited pool of obscenely powerful, obscenely priced items

TL;DR - Could the IAS nerf have been handled better? Definitely. Is it wrong that it was nerfed? No.
How can we trust they wont even nerf our next builds, how can I know that after I spend millions for another DPS set (i.e crit/critdmg items) they wont get nerfed with next patch. What the !@#$ is this bull%^-*, I didnt and I never spend money on pixels but I totally understand OP's frustration. Even he is tied by EUAL, he is being robbed by blizzard and prolly there are many more costumers out there like him.

Blizzard crossed the line this time with their hunger for money, even if they hold every right against angry players they have lost HUGE REPUTATION and reputation is really hard to build.

One of the blues posted yesterday there were a lot more nerfs they could have done, they just havn't done it yet, followed by.. aren't you thankful. So rest assured there are more coming.

Yes blizzard can get in a whole heap of trouble pulling the switcharoo on items reducing their effectiveness from the initial purchase. One person isn't going to make a difference, it's going to take a whole swack of you making noise to nail them.
Sure, we're customers.

I love how people throw around the ToU and EULA like its law. Lol

When stuff like this happens that involves real money, State Laws sh!t on the EULA/ToU.

Totally agree mate.

Ppl are so blind;

"But, but EULA says so, but but but they have the right, we cant do anything"

Because of that mentality BUNCH OF IDIOTS are rulling the rest of the idiots and the smart ppl tries th change something in the world with their low numbers.

DO NOT BECOME SHEEPS!
My Wiz has become a different character overnight. Attack speed cut in half, 21k dps lost, takes me 20 seconds to cast 5 arcane orbs.

The character feels like I'm playing in bullet time.

I feel sick to my stomach because I'm on the verge of uninstalling a game I wanted to play for years to come.
LOL@u Funny boy.

Get a work and grow up!
First thing. If you're going to nerf something for % amount then get correct values before giving us this !@#$. I've lost more than 50% ias in this patch.

25% turned into 11%
17 turned into 8%
13 turned into 5%

i have 5 pieces which contains IAS. So if it was 50% what they said would it be i would gain 3.5% attack speed. Its not much but if you think it getting max dps comes from small things. And its not just my dmg which took hit (15k less dmg) also my arcane power regeneration went down with this.. Technically i lost about 40% of my dmg with this nerf. So for making up that loss of attack speed i need 30% more or 3 more items which containins arcane power on crit stat so which would lead me to 4 items. Also i didnt particularly gear in IAS because of nerf but every piece what i got was upgrade and it contained IAS. And now my only solution for lack of dps is to buy +1200 dps weapon..

Before patch i was farming inferno act 3 and now i cant go there unless i want to spent 100-400k gold on repair bills. After patch i end up more dead than before so awesome. Some elite pack are easier with patch but most of them are %^-* loads of harder.

Clearly in my eyes blizzard didn't think this nerf enough. I could have understand if it was 20% or something like that. And im fine sticking with less dps but i want that arcane power regenaration back what that IAS gave me. All the time im oom and cant kite that much leading me to be death more.

For example hulking phasebeast elite packs were hard before and now they're almost impossible to kill because of this patch. And spearmans were somewhat annoying to kill before but now they're total joke. Before patch i had chance against minion immunity affix and now i dont have any chance beating them. And this is so called nerf content patch? First nerf most of players gear to !@#$ jole without thinking it through and then nerf content so those who didnt manage past act 2 could do it...

After patch i have been in act 3 4 times testing diffrent things and last try i wiped on Cydaea about 7 times which is my personal record by 7 deaths. First time i died. Seriously those spiderlings jus roam around room and then what they do? Sprint into ur melee range and hid 8-12k and you cant aoe them down because of they're all the time spread out and when you stop running they'll instanly catch you..

How came blizz is only game company which can make their games good to worse with single patch. Well not sure which one to blame. Blizzard or activision. After acitvision bought blizzard they have going down as developers. Toying with auction house is more fun than wiping on act 3-> or over gearing act 1-2 and over running it. Atleast end of day i've gained more gold than grinding items

Someone should try slap blizzard workers with trouts or something so they could start thinking clearly.

Well atleast i got these thing from my heart. Apologizes for my bad english.
First thing. If you're going to nerf something for % amount then get correct values before giving us this !@#$. I've lost more than 50% ias in this patch.

25% turned into 11%
17 turned into 8%
13 turned into 5%

i have 5 pieces which contains IAS. So if it was 50% what they said would it be i would gain 3.5% attack speed. Its not much but if you think it getting max dps comes from small things. And its not just my dmg which took hit (15k less dmg) also my arcane power regeneration went down with this.. Technically i lost about 40% of my dmg with this nerf. So for making up that loss of attack speed i need 30% more or 3 more items which containins arcane power on crit stat so which would lead me to 4 items. Also i didnt particularly gear in IAS because of nerf but every piece what i got was upgrade and it contained IAS. And now my only solution for lack of dps is to buy +1200 dps weapon..

Before patch i was farming inferno act 3 and now i cant go there unless i want to spent 100-400k gold on repair bills. After patch i end up more dead than before so awesome. Some elite pack are easier with patch but most of them are %^-* loads of harder.

Clearly in my eyes blizzard didn't think this nerf enough. I could have understand if it was 20% or something like that. And im fine sticking with less dps but i want that arcane power regenaration back what that IAS gave me. All the time im oom and cant kite that much leading me to be death more.

For example hulking phasebeast elite packs were hard before and now they're almost impossible to kill because of this patch. And spearmans were somewhat annoying to kill before but now they're total joke. Before patch i had chance against minion immunity affix and now i dont have any chance beating them. And this is so called nerf content patch? First nerf most of players gear to !@#$ jole without thinking it through and then nerf content so those who didnt manage past act 2 could do it...

After patch i have been in act 3 4 times testing diffrent things and last try i wiped on Cydaea about 7 times which is my personal record by 7 deaths. First time i died. Seriously those spiderlings jus roam around room and then what they do? Sprint into ur melee range and hid 8-12k and you cant aoe them down because of they're all the time spread out and when you stop running they'll instanly catch you..

How came blizz is only game company which can make their games good to worse with single patch. Well not sure which one to blame. Blizzard or activision. After acitvision bought blizzard they have going down as developers. Toying with auction house is more fun than wiping on act 3-> or over gearing act 1-2 and over running it. Atleast end of day i've gained more gold than grinding items

Someone should try slap blizzard workers with trouts or something so they could start thinking clearly.

Well atleast i got these thing from my heart. Apologizes for my bad english.

They said they would nerf it by 50%.

But my weapon went from 24% IAS to 10%.

Lost more than 100 DPS on the weapon.

Looks like we got Jay Wilson'ed
They said they would nerf it by 50%.

But my weapon went from 24% IAS to 10%.

Lost more than 100 DPS on the weapon.

Looks like we got Jay Wilson'ed

Probably blizz employee's didn't finish grade school :)
lmao stupid noobs.... it is THEIR game they can do as they wish... stop complaining, if the game gets to hard for you go play "the sims" or "my little pony" and stop flooding the forums with ur pathetic cry posts
Off topic, I'm slightly surprised and pleased that it seems someone is willing to have a sensible, reasonably, thoughtful debate on such a topic on these forums, regardless of differing opinions. There is hope yet! :D

I agree that nerfs should be carefully considered because of it's affects on the market. In terms of this IAS nerf, I believe that IAS needed nerfing, but measures could have been taken to "soften" the blow. Mainly, weapons with attack speed on them (that is calculated in it's DPS) could have received and appropriate weapon damage buff to keep their DPS the same. The loss of DPS people have received seems mainly due to weapon attack speed nerfs, rather than flat AS on rings/ammys/gloves etc. Keeping the DPS of the weapons the same, but with a smaller portion from AS would have helped to soften the blow (and thus curb the outrage) whilst also fixing the problem of AS being too strong a stat.

As for existing items vs new items, this would have created 2 problems in my view:

1) People would be outraged that others who had insane DPS through IAS aspeed pre nerf were not affected and thus have an unattainable level of godhood against themselves
2) The pre nerf items would become ridiculously valuable, gold/£ wise. Either Blizzard would need to make the bound (bringing up a whole new level of outcry on the forums no doubt) or just suffer the market consequences of a limited pool of obscenely powerful, obscenely priced items

TL;DR - Could the IAS nerf have been handled better? Definitely. Is it wrong that it was nerfed? No.

I agree that with the damage reduction in inferno a scale down was needed, i was comfortably playing through act 3 and 4 already with my monk. Unfortunately ias is the stat that makes it all work and so ias had to bite the dust.

Contrary to popular believe ias is still the stat that makes it work. It drives my life on hit, my spirit regen, the overal pace of the game. In my opinion getting loads of it is still a very desirable thing.

I have to admit that they have done more good than bad gameplay-wise. Most important for me is that they made dual wield viable by effectively lowering the armor and resists breakpoints. It means a lot more builds have become viable.

Those items would be mythical, true legendaries. I don't know, i like the idea of elite unattainable items with massive power. I think it fits the game perfectly. Something worthy to pay real money for cause to be honest, 250 euro is a lot of money. A lot of money for something owned by someone else. I'd sacrifice all my true legendaries to have the reassurance that noone playing this game in the future will feel like many of us have felt.
+1
get over it whiners , u agreed to it, or didnt u read the EULA ? ... its virtual goods , they can pretty much do what they want since they own the servers, they own the chars.

why u whine btw? u spent 250$ on an ias item? cus u know theyre still equaly good to alot of other stats? ...

if one stat is so good that all classes just stacks it above all else stats, i needs a nerf, needs more viable specs. its no fun if its just... go IAS or go Wrong.
Just a reminder :
Blizzard didn't get your money , the person who sold an item to you did.
Blizzard have to balance the game therefore change it in the way they see it.
get over it whiners , u agreed to it, or didnt u read the EULA ? ... its virtual goods , they can pretty much do what they want since they own the servers, they own the chars.

why u whine btw? u spent 250$ on an ias item? cus u know theyre still equaly good to alot of other stats? ...

if one stat is so good that all classes just stacks it above all else stats, i needs a nerf, needs more viable specs. its no fun if its just... go IAS or go Wrong.

Lol that made me chuckle.

Oh noes! The EULA said so!

The EULA doesn't mean a damn thing to the banks.

Get real.