Sick and tired

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 22 Next
piss off and go play Angry Birds or something else that requires less than -2 iq. STOP ruining good games with your Moaning about "but it is too hard!" Go cry to mommy, not Blizzard - as any true gamer will agree - a game needs to be hard - otherwise it is no fun.

here we go, i have no issue with casual gamer's playing casual games, my problem is why is it every damn big title that comes out needs to be nerfed into hello kitty?

As it stands guildwars 2 seems like a pretty awesome game, will it be nerfed into another hello kitty? yes.

Well, probably because in your mind you have "casual" mixed up with "lazy" or "feeling entitled".

Another thing you need to consider is the bottom line. For better or ill, times have changed and there are a lot more "casual" (or lazy or whatever you want to label them) than non. This is the way it is now. Games that held our attention and that we enjoyed 10 years ago would just not fly anymore.

Gaming has become mainstream. It is what it is. No sense to raging against people who don't hold the same viewpoint that you do, it won't change things.

Bottom line is key now. What will sell the most? Attract the most players? That's what the vast majority of development houses will create. Because they are in it for the money, they are a business.
20/06/2012 10:49Posted by Maggot
Why is it casual people or people with "busy" lives presume/expect games to be easy mode? when or where did this logic come from?

Well first off, games are supposed to be FUN and the majority (i.e. the ones paying Blizzard LOTS of money) don't feel like sitting for hours on frustrating gameplay. So easy mode it is because it's the majority (money money money for Blizzard).

wouldn't it feel like a greater achievement to clear the content over a long time knowing it was hard

No, because the average casual player doesn't want to spend years and years and years doing pointless grinding that's not FUN. Every tiny amount of time a casual player has ingame must be FUN. They have REAL LIFE issues like business and family to be challenging. A game must be FUN.

you can't always get what you want

Turns out they can.... because they're the majority and they're the ones paying Blizzards bills. More money for Blizzard if they listen to casuals.

In the end, for Blizzard it's all about the money and it's extremely sad.

I'm just passing time here in D3 until GW2 comes out. Now THAT is looking awesome.
It's a nice read....if you completely ignore facts.

Blizzard said only 1.9% of characters have unlocked inferno. That 1.9% is not casuals mate. The nerf to acts 2,3,4 of inferno was not meant to cater casuals, it was meant to cater hardcores that were getting one-shooted by wasps. Now I understand that within that 1.9% there is this great elit group that facerolled inferno from day 1 with 0 deaths etc. Well welcome to the real world, you represent maybe 0.5% of the population. In any democracy you would probably not even have a singe seat in the parliament. You are a very small minority. Deal with it and either play or quit.

And since so many of you are qqing about how "gaming industry was not about money" have you bothered sitting throught the credits for d3? This is, literally, hundreds of people whose salaries were being payed for 6.5 years BEFORE diablo shipped, and they developed the game, and they have families to feed. You want them to work for free? You want "the industry to not be about the money"you need to reduce your expectations, and drive down costs to the point were it's managable for the company and it's workers. That means bad graphics, bad sound, less depth, smaller games etc. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Maybe in your world you can buy food with love. In the real world you cannot.
tl;dr
22/06/2012 11:21Posted by Cassandra
Well welcome to the real world, you represent maybe 0.5% of the population. In any democracy you would probably not even have a singe seat in the parliament. You are a very small minority. Deal with it and either play or quit.

A valid opinion
+1
20/06/2012 10:55Posted by Frankenberry
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4775647761 ... haha lol

hehe =P
wouldn't it feel like a greater achievement to clear the content over a long time knowing it was hard

No, because the average casual player doesn't want to spend years and years and years doing pointless grinding that's not FUN. Every tiny amount of time a casual player has ingame must be FUN. They have REAL LIFE issues like business and family to be challenging. A game must be FUN.

So, what about those of us that also have a life and business on top of a family to keep happy? Does this mean we all should suffer to the "too hard" / "entitlement" type of complaints? Don't get me wrong, i'm enjoying the challenge (especially since the last patch nerfed all of us, just a shame they nerfed the mobs as well).

Just curious as to why you think gamers (read: non-casual) should put up with the complaints from the console generations about a game being too hard? Certainly it's nice to see the PC platform having games that attract that mainstream audience, which gives developers more room financially to take risks, but still.

It removes some of the fun some of us have trying to beat a game that is a little harder. Personally i'd prefer to pay more to the developer, be it indie or Blizzard, to NOT cater to the whine entitlement generation of gamers.
Maggot you really FIT ur name bro :)Cry cry my darling MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! :D :D :D :D: D: D: you make my day :)
Its a game and it shoud enjoy the big mass, and not the smaller% of *pro*
1 thing ;) games was made BY ROME and Greece long time ago TO GET FUN for the rulers.thats the real meaning of game "TO GET FUN" so the one who pay for game to be made is WE , the costumers , so FACT it have to be equal to all to play :) if you speak for wow and thing and hardcore playin'' remove the BUF health and dmg reduce and go on.you have options.or go achive some high rate like win rank 1?i dont see you on ranking :)peace! :P
all I see is Blah Blah Blah... Lazy Lazy
piss off and go play Angry Birds or something else that requires less than -2 iq. STOP ruining good games with your Moaning about "but it is too hard!" Go cry to mommy, not Blizzard - as any true gamer will agree - a game needs to be hard - otherwise it is no fun.

define - a game needs to be hard -
personally do not think Invuln Minion / Vortex / Illusionist / Reflect damage "it is FUN"
It's a nice read....if you completely ignore facts.

Blizzard said only 1.9% of characters have unlocked inferno. That 1.9% is not casuals mate. The nerf to acts 2,3,4 of inferno was not meant to cater casuals, it was meant to cater hardcores that were getting one-shooted by wasps. Now I understand that within that 1.9% there is this great elit group that facerolled inferno from day 1 with 0 deaths etc. Well welcome to the real world, you represent maybe 0.5% of the population. In any democracy you would probably not even have a singe seat in the parliament. You are a very small minority. Deal with it and either play or quit.

And since so many of you are qqing about how "gaming industry was not about money" have you bothered sitting throught the credits for d3? This is, literally, hundreds of people whose salaries were being payed for 6.5 years BEFORE diablo shipped, and they developed the game, and they have families to feed. You want them to work for free? You want "the industry to not be about the money"you need to reduce your expectations, and drive down costs to the point were it's managable for the company and it's workers. That means bad graphics, bad sound, less depth, smaller games etc. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Maybe in your world you can buy food with love. In the real world you cannot.

This!
Wow, a whine post about the patch? Havn't seen that before...
Stop playing then and leave the rest of us who enjoy the game still to do so

Pointless grinding? Is this your take on the Diablo franchise?

Diablo 3 is almost certainly about item and monster grinding until you get an item with the rolled stats you require to move on. If you claim its not fun, then maybe Diablo 3 is not for you.

I enjoy nothing more than finding items and identifying them only to be horribly disappointed! But the drive to move on and hopefully find something better, is what drives a lot of people in this game.

If you do not enjoy finding countless items before you find a good one, then your right, maybe that is not fun. But please bare in mind this is the whole premise of the Diablo franchise, and a LOT of people really enjoy that.
22/06/2012 11:29Posted by DarkHeretic
So, what about those of us that also have a life and business on top of a family to keep happy?

I hear you, but the facts are the facts and my whole post was revolved around 1 point. Blizzard wants MONEY and they'll only get MONEY from the masses. So they will bow down to the masses and do whatever it is the masses want.

I too run my own business, have a family but still manage a good 5 hours or so gaming a day. It is a pity where D3 is going.

Don't even get me started on the whole AH/RMAH story.... That in my mind is the number one killer for this game. I want to PLAY the game for my gear......not PAY for it.
22/06/2012 11:48Posted by Hils
Pointless grinding? Is this your take on the Diablo franchise?

I was simply giving you the point of view of a casual player.

22/06/2012 11:48Posted by Hils
Diablo 3 is almost certainly about item and monster grinding until you get an item with the rolled stats you require to move on. If you claim its not fun, then maybe Diablo 3 is not for you.

I love it......casuals don't. My point in my post was that Blizzard wants MONEY and they will do everything they can to keep the majority (which is casuals) playing the game and using RMAH to speed up their character development. If I had it my way, AH and RMAH would not exist in D3 and we would have to fully PLAY the game to progress. I don't like this idea of "Pay to win" in a game.

I enjoy nothing more than finding items and identifying them only to be horribly disappointed! But the drive to move on and hopefully find something better is what drives a lot of people in this game

+1
22/06/2012 09:53Posted by MarginMan
Totally missed the point! Splitting hairs made you look cool tho, grats!

No. You made a false implication in order to bolster your point.

I called you on it.

:)
22/06/2012 11:13Posted by Cruel
If the majority of the player base try to use the forum as a source of guides, therycraft and usefull discussion threads instead of posting non-stop repair cost/UP/OP/noob/elitist whine threaths this forum and the game as a whole could be much better.

This! Absolutely THIS.

So tired of the boards being bickering and flaming and hostile posting and threads meant to do nothing but confuse and/or cause trouble.

Honestly, I have no idea why Blizzard is putting up with it.