I lost cinematics

Technical Support
Well kinda weird bug i must say. After update i lost nearly all the cinematics. I can watch only "The first sign" and "new dawn"...other acts are closed, like i never even finished them. Why is it so? Will i get them back if i play game through again..?
I'm having the same issued and I'm thinking they NEED TO FIX IT. Its the best source for Tyraels Sacrifice and I need to watch it at least twice a day! I shouldn't have to replay the first act to earn it again.
me too..COME ON BLIZZ ! those cinematics are EPIC and i hope You will fix that bug...

btw....just got kicked for the first time for a long time....you didn't rush that patch, didn't you ;>?
cinematics was lame compared to d2, wc3 and wow yet i lost em too
i also lost half of my config
dats sad
21/06/2012 02:08Posted by DetO
Well kinda weird bug i must say. After update i lost nearly all the cinematics. I can watch only "The first sign" and "new dawn"...other acts are closed, like i never even finished them. Why is it so? Will i get them back if i play game through again..?

I`m only left with "the first sign"!
Yes please i have the same problem all cinematics gone. But the thing is when i played on and finished act nightmare with my barb it didn't even show the end act cinematic...... If its not unlocked in the menu surely it must play at least the first time you pass that area in the game??????? How do i get it all back.
I am having the same problem.
exactly the same problem, really annoying since i wanna watch the one where diablo fights imperius :(
Same problem here, i watched them as early 24 hours ago and now they are gone apart from minor ones. This is ridiculous. Sort it out blizzard, stuff like this should not be happening.
Hello,

Please open the D3Prefs.txt file in your Diablo III folder in the Documents library, then in here find the PlayedCutscene lines, and edit them to read as follows:
PlayedCutscene0 "15"
PlayedCutscene1 "15"
PlayedCutscene2 "15"
PlayedCutscene3 "15"

Save and exit the file, and try again.
Such a file doesn't exist in my D3 folder.
reinstall d3 and play a little then
Hi Lurdlespor,

I edited the file and it worked except for the last graphic cut of act 3 and the outro movie end act 4.

Is there another code we can try?

Note to all the file is in your Documents or My documents directory not the game dir.

Thanks,
Hi Lurdlespor,

I edited the file and it worked except for the last graphic cut of act 3 and the outro movie end act 4.

Is there another code we can try?

Note to all the file is in your Documents or My documents directory not the game dir.

Thanks,

thanks for being more specific buddy. i was indeed searching my D3 folder in program files. now i got them all back. thanks!
Thank you so much ive been missing my movies for so long now your awesome
Use 255 instead of 15.
bumped if you missing them after 1.0.5 update

Hello,

Please open the D3Prefs.txt file in your Diablo III folder in the Documents library, then in here find the PlayedCutscene lines, and edit them to read as follows:
PlayedCutscene0 "15"
PlayedCutscene1 "15"
PlayedCutscene2 "15"
PlayedCutscene3 "15"

it worked but why are we missing the last cinematic of the game with Diablo falling ???

anyone now the fix for that ?

-------------------------------------

UPDATE:

- putting "255" in all cinematic related lines insted of "15" fixes the problem with outro cinematics ;-)

thx Magos !
Hello,

PlayedCutscene0 "15"
PlayedCutscene1 "15"
PlayedCutscene2 "15"
PlayedCutscene3 "15"

What about Mac? I didn't find D3Prefs.txt file... Where should it be located?
Yeah, the solution Lurdlespor offered doesn't seem to work for Mac-users. No such file exists in the Diablo 3 application directory - nor does it seem to show up after a full-system spotlight search. :(

Why is it happening in the first plaaaacccceeee. :(
I am also having problems with my cinematics and when i go to look for the file it isn't there and i don't have a Mac -.-