Uber white mobs around yellow one?

General Discussion
This is something that I've been seeing often and is plain stupid. A lot of yellow champions have WHITE mobs around them, having hp/abillities of blue champions. So I see a yellow one, surrounded with whites. I try to aoe the whites, so I can concentrate on the yellow one, but what happens: Normally I kill whites with 2-3 hits, these hardly move their hp when hit and when they hit me, they hit for 33% hp or so????

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but if it's not: Give them a special color, so I can actually make a strategy, clearing whites first, then half yellows, then yellow one...
Blue mobs are champions and are a pack of 3+ of the same type.

Yellow mobs are solo elites that come with their own personal guard of normal mobs that receive buffs/abilities depending on the yellow affixes. It's not a bug, it's intended. Think of it as a VIP and his retinue of guards. The "normal" mobs fall somewhere between true white mobs and champions in their difficulty.
If it's not a bug, it's okay. But I think they should have a different color so at least you can see what you are up against. Their damage will kill you if you think they are white ones and they need to be kited (for range players) to kill them. They really should not be white, or if blizz wants us to not know what we are up against: Then make yellow/blue mobs white as well?
They didn't have different color in Diablo II either, if I remember correct. Just a text "Minion" under their HP bar.
22/06/2012 00:23Posted by Trollmann
They didn't have different color in Diablo II either, if I remember correct. Just a text "Minion" under their HP bar.
Different color or the word minion, tbh I don't care, as long as I can see what I'm up against ;)
Yeah, I think I had some similar problems with my early days in D2, but I learned to follow the minions, as they acted different than normal mobs, moved faster, had aura or something that made them stand out of the crowd. You're getting used to it :)
22/06/2012 00:25Posted by mighte1
Different color or the word minion, tbh I don't care, as long as I can see what I'm up against ;)

They do say minion underneath normally and the boss has the horde affix.
Thanks for the replies. I'll watch it more closely the next time I see it.

It's okay if they are there, but if I'm fighting, I look at the distance between me and the mobs, then make an estimation if I can kill em before they get to me. With those around atm and the insane repair bills, I have to really carefully look if they are white mobs or minions. Because if they are minions and I did not see it, I'm dead.

So in short. Play the game very very very slowly. Every white mob you see first stand still, look if they are minion and if they are not you can continue playing.