Lvl 60, now what?

General Discussion
Hey everyone just hit lvl 60 about an hour ago with my dhunter, and well im stuck.... i have no money to buy gear, and my gear is so bad i cant survive in inferno lol most of my gear is lvl 40-50, i do have a lvl 60 xbow with 800 dps, 250 dex and 130 vit on it that i got off a friend to start me off but other than that and 50k gold, i have nothing =/

I was just wandering what the best way to go about getting better gear is now, do i try and buy as much MF gear as i can and hope for the best? i have no clue about farming items or anything so any help would be realy appreciated =)
You probably won't like this advice but I'll say it anyways. Farm the last act you did that could survive well in and sell anything you can on AH for cheap price then upgrade. You can actually buy some semi-decent upgrades for like 5-40k each if don't fall for they highest price=best gear nonsense. I got through inferno act 1 without upgrading anything from the gear I reached end of hell with. Act 2 I had to spend about 150-200k on gear upgrades.

People seem to fall a lot into the if it's not worth millions it's not worth selling or or it's not lvl 60 or ilvl61+ it's junk then just NPC everything. Fact is I make a lot of money putting 5k-40k items in AH because I undercut a lot of people and am not elitist with what gear I put in. Fact is also you find gear that is in nightmare and hell modes that is worth 500k-2mil especially amulets. The only hard part is takes time looking and comparing what stats you have on each item to what is in the AH then putting in cheaper.

You can either go for GF on gear for more gold and can make fair amount doing that way or MF for slightly better quality items you get when kill a mob (in general) then sell that for gold. Most peopel go for GF until they can handle inferno these days because MF does not affect barrels, crates, and non-mob drops anymore from what I understand.
There's not much point in MF unless you're finding lv 60 items. I seriously think you're better off with GF gear and running the lower levels of Hell. Take account of how long it takes you to run a level as much as how good the drops are and work out what brings the most cash for the least time. You're 100 * more likely to find the gear you want on the AH with money than you are grinding for the right thing to drop. And with sky high repair costs on higher level gear, you don't want to go anywhere too dangerous. Sadly getting to 60 is much more fun than what happens next.
yeah i have never really understood what would sell and what wouldnt, and what is worth something and whats not =S im affraid to say i am one of those who NPC everything i find =S i realy have no clue on what items sell for anything decent on th A/H, im fine with the WoW A/H, i know the prices very well but i seem to struggle with diablo =S

Is there any way you could give me a rough explination of what i should look for in items to put them on the a/h?
yeah i forgot to mention that, about the GF gear. seems like a good idea tbh. but im stuck between farming items in higher lvl hell acts to sell on a/h or grind gold in lower lvls =S im kind of leaning towards the item farming because i can get 100k plus items doing that. but like i said i have no idea what there worth haha. i realy am clueless with this a/h
Weapons need DPS, that's it mostly.

The other items need: high stats or +crit damage/crit chance. Special things, like movement speed on boots or high +IAS on quivers worth a lot.

When evaluating gear think what class could use it:
+DEX +RES -> Monk
+DEX +Other damage -> DH
+INT +anything good -> Wiz/WD
+STR +RES/VIT-> Barb

You have a +160 DEX +40 all res +30 arcane res helm? Check the AH putting those 3 things in the search tabs.
You'll find similar items with similar prices, that's about how much your item worths.

Anyway about the OP, you are not geared enough... simple solution RMAH, you'll be a pro in no time!
yeah i have never really understood what would sell and what wouldnt, and what is worth something and whats not =S im affraid to say i am one of those who NPC everything i find =S i realy have no clue on what items sell for anything decent on th A/H, im fine with the WoW A/H, i know the prices very well but i seem to struggle with diablo =S

Is there any way you could give me a rough explination of what i should look for in items to put them on the a/h?

There so many affixes on the gear that it's hard to tell and I struggle too, which is why takes a while to compare the stats on each item with prices of around same quality gear already in AH. After a while you get the gist of what is good or bad for your own class stat wise so when see something that for your class would be good then someone else will probably think the a same.

It's harder for classes yo have not played gear types, you do not know what stats they would be after on their class but I always compare each item see if worth selling using filters in AH to match stats on gear I have to sell, I then sort by price lowest first and generally stick it in that end of prices undercutting some people.

I tend to NPC (salvage not sell) the gear that after checking on AH compare prices, if there is many other gear same quality stat wise but the price is only say 10-20% more than NPC would by it for at lowest price end so I will salvage that item turn into materials and sooner or later put all those materials in the AH instead. Materials like gems, essense and other such ones sell very fast if put in at same price as last 10 of that type sold for, talking seconds to couple minutes at most.

The thing is even with GF gear equiped you still might find a item thats worth 100k+ MF might make hthe chance higher but you might find a good quality item with out MF. Like find something with GF gear equiped and it worth 100k without high MF gear instead of 200k if had high MF on. But in the meantime you also getting lots of gold from GF.
one thing i wont be doing is buying from RMAH, i dont intend to spend my hard earned cash on items i can buy by having fun in a game, my intent later on is to sell in RMAH lol but anyway yeah i guess i just have to learn the a/h untill i get the jist of it =S also i dont seem to find many lvl 60 items in act 3-4 on hell, do they drop more often in inferno act 3-4 im guessing?

EDIT: I forgot to ask, should i farm solo or in a group?
Farm Azmodan runs if you can manage it.. preferably get 5x Valor buffs before the spider mini-boss also.. Do that or other Act 3/4 Hell farming until you have good enugh gear to progress to Inferno Act 1 with the most extreme kiting build you can put together.
The gear you 'can' get from Act 3/4 Hell will be a great upgrade to your current gear (except bow)

You have a decent weap which should get you going.

Don't bother with MF..for now at least.

The more items you just buy on AH the more you'll kill longevity of the game for yourself, so it's up to you to balance it out really.
if you dont wanna use the rmah

dont bother at all
thanks for the great adive everyone =D its a major help! just one more question. do i farm solo or in publis games?
22/06/2012 00:25Posted by Invuln
one thing i wont be doing is buying from RMAH, i dont intend to spend my hard earned cash on items i can buy by having fun in a game, my intent later on is to sell in RMAH lol but anyway yeah i guess i just have to learn the a/h untill i get the jist of it =S also i dont seem to find many lvl 60 items in act 3-4 on hell, do they drop more often in inferno act 3-4 im guessing?

Its higher quality chance on act 3 and 4 (same amount of drops though). But it is very rare to find your own upgrades. Mostly people sell stuff they find on AH and buy on there. When I upgrade my gear I put in my current stats for each item and then raise the numbers for example dex on my DH items, by around 10 at a time and resort to see lowest price for that new lvl of stat. If there is lots for sale at cheap enough price at that number I will raise it by another 10 and see if can afford even better than last search until it goes out of my price range. Always rely on stat vs lowest price sort as opposed to searching for stats highest price because highest price is mostly people being greedy and over estimating what it's worth, quick switch to lowest might have same item for vastly less.
22/06/2012 00:29Posted by Invuln
thanks for the great adive everyone =D its a major help! just one more question. do i farm solo or in publis games?

Public tends to get you killed alot because so many people join them because they cannot do it alone in first place. So you end up with most of the time people who cannot kill something getting you killed too. HOwever if have friends who play or make friends it's best to play with them via inviting rather than public randoms.

dont bother at all

There is no need for RMAH at all, this is D3, you're meant to farm like you've never farmed before. This isn't WoW.
well my current repair cost maximum is 15k so not that bad rite now. so i mite try public for a little bit then once i get the hang of it abit more and get better gear ill go solo

dont bother at all

There is no need for RMAH at all, this is D3, you're meant to farm like you've never farmed before. This isn't WoW.

at this drop rate, it would take 5 years to actually find equipment farming alone, to get anywhere in inferno...

no point of not using the ah
22/06/2012 00:35Posted by Invuln
well my current repair cost maximum is 15k so not that bad rite now. so i mite try public for a little bit then once i get the hang of it abit more and get better gear ill go solo

You won't be able to rely on NPC selling gear soon, you will have to use the AH to keep a steady income coming in too. It's not as bad as people make out but start using the AH before too low on money. Do not wait till every breaks before begin to use AH for income sourcing. Worst comes to worst might want to buy a couple seriously cheap gears back up set keep in storage in case ever find yourself in that situation, it should be enough to last difficulty mode did so can make some quick cash and start finding some items to put in AH for secondary source of income.

at this drop rate, it would take 5 years to actually find equipment farming alone, to get anywhere in inferno...

no point of not using the ah

He said he is okay with using AH, he just doesn't want to use RMAH. To be honest I wouldn't use RMAH either but I do use AH. Which is why we have been giving advice on AH and income sourcing for repairs and upgrades.