New repair costs and the "L2P" crowd

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I have seen many many legitimate complaints about the new repair costs being responded to by rather blunt "Dont die then, L2P" comments. Hence this thread is going out to the kind of person who posts "L2P" when people complain. If that's YOU, read on, please...

My question is simple, HOW exactly do I "L2P"? I am stuck at Act 2 myself, and could surely use practise against the Lacuni, the bugs, the invisible snakes and others, because they OWN me right now. But I cannot even set foot in there due to the crushing repair costs that result. So please tell me HOW DO I "LEARN TO PLAY" WHEN I CAN'T AFFORD TO PRACTISE?

In fact, how do I even progress now? I was inching my way through Act2 with a combination of grim determination and extreme patience. Every waypoint was a victory, But i WAS progressing. Now I can't do even that.

I look forward to your suggestions.
You can practice on easier difficulty.
you have 3 other difficulties for practice
21/06/2012 17:43Posted by Dragoonlordz

why should he have to if he was making progress before patch.
21/06/2012 17:45Posted by Ceris
you have 3 other difficulties for practice

You're actually suggesting that Hell Act 2 would offer any meaningful practise for Inferno Act 2. LOL.

And for the record I did try that, it doesn;t work. Nothing can harm me, so I cant tell if I am efficiently dodging stuff. Furthermore everything just dies in one hit even when I tried equipping utter garbage items (that I conveniently farmed from Inferno).
Practice = work harder in real life and buy uber stuff in RMAH.

You'll go from "l2p n00b" to "teh_pwnerer" in a few minutes. You'll be happier, Blizzard will be happier.

This game is all about gear, you don't need "l2p" with RMAH and maybe some people who tells to "L2P" are full RMAH geared.
You CAN L2P in easier difficulties/acts. It's not ideal, but it's something you can do. Personally, I think the death repair costs are fair, but the durability loss and subsequent repair costs of simply taking damage are obscene. Especially for melee, where you HAVE to take damage and thus dura loss. I can go through a Warden/Butcher farm run with 0 deaths, and still be paying out 20-30k repair costs.

Fortunately, Blizzard seem to agree, I saw a quote in another thread about repair costs from taking damage being over high and they were looking into reducing it.

why should he have to if he was making progress before patch.

Learn to adapt. Patch changes how should approach some enemies and how should gear. Practice on lower difficulty with different gear, skills and stat setups. He asked a question I gave him an answer.
There is no L2P this game is purely 100% luck on Eltie group combos and GEAR.

You will never convince me otherwise.
If people can tell me I am poor for not using the RMAH, then I can tell people L2P for not being able to afford repairs with fake money.
21/06/2012 17:51Posted by Bane
You CAN L2P in easier difficulties/acts

Do go on....how? I cannot fire a spell as I will simply one-shot everything even with gimped gear. So how exactly can I practise doing damage while not getting hit under those circumstances???

And even if I could, do you not see the ludicrousness of your suggestion? To get better at <something> you need to repeatedly try doing <something>. Hell and Inferno and utterly different.
Thank you for posting this thread, the L2P people out there were most likely Demon Hunters or people full of gear from the RMAH, there is no way to learn to play that I can see, the first 3 difficulties are so much easier then Inferno (which I can understand) but using these difficulties to "L2P" is obscene, I play tennis and its as if you're playing a higher rated player then you, apparently the way to learn is too play people much worse then you then? Doesn't make sense, maybe act 1 inferno would be a good place to learn to be more efficient?

So far it's helping me progress but even that's slow, at the moment I'm leveling a demon hunter to 60. LOL
What's the use of Inferno if you have to play Hell over and over again just to be able to afford repairs in inferno?

What, so Inferno can be for "The hardcore" people? Isn't "Hardcore" hardcore enough for the Hardcore people?

I think that the repair costs are too high and they should rethink their strategy in this regard. The only thing they're doing, is pushing a good deal of players away from the game. A games difficulty shouldn't be determined by the amount of money in your money bag.
The two posters before Psycobob are retarded. And this is a very constructive post.

Do go on....how? I cannot fire a spell as I will simply one-shot everything even with gimped gear. So how exactly can I practise doing damage while not getting hit under those circumstances???

if you get onheshot your gear is probably not good enough...

also i get that playing range characters may be harder now but whats the problem? previously a lot of mele classes just switched to a DH or a wizard now the DHs and wizards can rerol a monk or barbarian if they dont like the new playstyle whats the problem?
21/06/2012 18:07Posted by Fubanga
The two posters before Psycobob are retarded. And this is a very constructive post.

I doubt you even know what that word means.
Most people can breeze through act 1 inferno so go back to act 1 if needs be, if your struggling in act 2 then you do need to go back whether you like it or not the problem is you and your gear setup, skill usage and play style.
Made 7m from act1 inferno today and i only farmed like 2-2,5h. Heres what you should do: tp to leorics manor get 1-2 neph stacks then go to hall of agony clear it all the way kill warden then butcher, i got like 3 1h 1k dps and a 1k dps socket/dex bow plus some expensive armor parts.
ps. im demon hunter with 9k hp and i didnt die once on those hours so it shoudlnt be too hard.
Progress also stopped for me, to expensive so im grinding act 1 and 2 now... wich is getting boring.

But u know why they upped the repair costs right? Its so people have alot harder time grinding in game gold to use on AH to get better gear. So instead they have to go do Real money AH and spend their real money on fake stuff to be able to finish a game they bought for a hefty sum.

In my mind this is a fraud and should be reported to authorities. Also blizzard ones again devaluates the online gaming industry by selling a non finished product by the millions ( error 37 and game balance issue ) and getting away with it.
I wonder if siemens had sold few millions microwave ovens that would not work properly, would they ever get over that ? Blizzard however thinks of software ( in this case a game ) is something that is ok to fix later and sell when not rdy
"L2P" means get better gear and kite faster, what's so hard to understand about that?

It takes little skill to kite, so you're in luck there. If you don't have the patience to farm gold and gear, you are playing the wrong game.