Ok that's it..

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
The thing is that each time you buy an item from auction house you lower your chances of looting better item for that slot by a lot. There are thousands of players looting things constantly, one man cant really compete with the pool of items that is generated in auction house, so after your initial buy, you will come back to auction house for your loot "fix".

Solution is not to use the auction house from the start. You still wont find upgrades on every mob killed, but you will get them much more often. Problem is that people want to progress faster, which is natural, but it obviously removes the big part of the game, finding nice items.

I also couldnt resist buying items, i mean, its there - 2k gold item that is 3 times better than what i have. Now i turned my game into gold farm, but i adapted to it and took different view on the game.
Gear is so expensive in the AH whheeweheeewheee. I can't afford to buy anything whheeweheeewheee.

And a few sentences later..

Gear is so cheap in the AH whheeweheeewheee. I have sell everything for 10k whheeweheeewheee.

Make up your mind.

It's so funny how you think you're making a point while you don't understand !@#$ at all.

GOOD gear is way too overpriced, the almost "okay" items which I loot don't even sell for 10k in the AH.

Maybe try to learn to read.

And to someone a few pages back, no I didn't trade in D2. Ever. I didn't bot either. I didn't clear the game in HC/SC in 6 weeks either. But atleast I looted atleast 2 or 3 items worth my time being online in those 6 weeks. Can't say that of Diablo 3.

I'm loving the trolling here, keep it up fanboys.
Blizzard CANNOT fix this loot issue. If they upped the drop quality to a level that please the masses, there would be no need to ever use the RMAH, so you can assume loot quality will remain dire for most of us forever. So if you do like like it now, there is no reason not to quit, as it will never be fixed, ever.
Cmon, i killed Diablo 25 may on my 32k buffed dps wiz with 30k hp.. When i had like 80 hours played or so... And u know what, i didnt even use AH. I just played in a group with 3 others and we shared loot togheter. No i didnt use the hp regen abuse exploit, if u havent killed diablo now u just suck. Its ppl clearing acts earning money using gear for 200k-500k 1 mill 5 mill. And dont tell me u cant get that gear

And if they nerf the game to your sucky level, wtf are we good gamers supposed to do?
+1
You got some points there that are true in my eyes, but overall, from what you're describing,
it sounds like you and your friend are just really bad players :o

I've played about half the time you did, got plenty of great gear, lots of gold on the AH, didnt buy an item that costs more than 500k gold, and i havnt spend a dime in the RMAH - and I'm a casual player, I'm really not that good.

Maybe D3 isnt ur thing man :p

How can you say he is bad if he didn't have any usefull drops ? His badiness counds as his MF or what? It's not his fault man
Cmon, i killed Diablo 25 may on my 32k buffed dps wiz with 30k hp.. When i had like 80 hours played or so... And u know what, i didnt even use AH. I just played in a group with 3 others and we shared loot togheter. No i didnt use the hp regen abuse exploit, if u havent killed diablo now u just suck. Its ppl clearing acts earning money using gear for 200k-500k 1 mill 5 mill. And dont tell me u cant get that gear

And if they nerf the game to your sucky level, wtf are we good gamers supposed to do?

This is just utter bullcrap ! I played co-op with 3 other people for almoast all my time in the game through normal->nightmare->hell->act2 inferno where it's just too much damage for my barb and let me tell you, we got 3 or MAYBE 4 not completely useless (NOTE: I didn't say good/great) items.

How are we suposed to afford items (withought using exploits and bots, which we won't do) that we need and are posted for billions on AH when the items that drop for us in the game either don't sell AT ALL or maybe 1 out of 10 auctions sells for 30k?

Please enlighten me.
28/06/2012 02:13Posted by Valania
Hmmm and where exactly you are? May be on act 3 Hell... Are you tried to kill with some one else elit packs wich reflecting dmg on act 3 or 4 inferno? They are fast, they kills you with ur own dmg and also they making dmg more then u can make on them after few min kitting and trying some how to dps them without kills ur self with 1 hit they getting enrage and its over...

oh God... Reading that was really painfull man..

But to the topic.
Sounds like lots of almost unbelievable bad luck, i feel sorry for you. But i cant follow, since im farming act 1 im not skilled or geared enough for anything higher, but i still get those lvl 63 drops, even quite good and sellable, i think it all boils down to luck er determination.

Well seeing that you habe 500 hours played is that. I only have 150 MAX, myself but i enjoy the grind i A1, you never die, repair is affordable, loot is great, and the gold income is around 500k to 800k for a run
i do agree on one thing: diablo3 is the most unrewarding game i have ever played in my life... and i have played quite a lot of them...
In my opinion you just need to calm down.
If you had found the best loot by now, you probably had quit the game.
Personally, I don't use the AH or the RMAH. Why? Because I want to play and enjoy the game and to find the items by myself. I am not saying that anyone should use it, I'm just saying that it is not my thing. If I cannot find that particular item, it's ok, I can leave with it.
You say that you quit because you cannot find nothing, but if you had pefect equipment by now, you probably have quit to, because it's nothing else to do.

Excuse me if you cannot understand some part, because I'm not a native english speaker.
I'm done with this. For many times I've told myself and my friend whom I co-op with a lot I wanted to kill Diablo in Inferno before quitting, but this is just silly.

Combined we have 500 hours played. We have looted, exactly counted, ONE item of "inferno quality" one of us could use. It are my wrists.

With over 4500 champion packs killed and like 300 goblins, it's just plain obvious how this game is completely designed around pulling out your creditcard. We were unable to progress without using the AH, fine. We'll use it and then use the bought gear to farm Act 3 or so to get to Act 4.

The problem is NOTHING of use drops. NOTHING. My friend got 8 legendaries in those hours, I got one. Of which exactly 9 were useless. Alot of rares drop, one was useful so far after buying AH gear. Now we've reached the new patch which was supposed to fix alot of stuff and it increased repair cost.

Nice, I've been playing almost all day today and I dropped from 1.4 mil gold to 180k. Without crafting or going to the AH. We played through all of Act 2 again and we were close to Ghom in Act 3 when my friend told me to just go to town. We're not going to make it to Diablo Inferno without spending thousands of hours farming. Or pulling out our CC, which we refuse to do.

Now don't come over here to learn to play, don't come here with bull!@#$ stories about eating a sandwhich and not liking the cheese which I read somewhere on this forum, just don't. I have cleared everything in D2 in both HC and SC. I've cleared the Ubers in any difficulty on almost every char. I've had lightning sorcs which did 14k damage and teared %^-* apart. I've done the GRIND to get the best rune(s)words ingame.

The problem with Diablo 3 is that the reward is non-excistant. You slowly progress through quests, but item wise the reward is so low that the point of this game isnt there.

Now to speak of co-op. Co-op is a punishment in Diablo 3. Elite packs with over 6.4 million health. Packs with invulnerable minions, horde, vortex, arcane, plague, molten and so forth. I've just had a pack with arcane, plague, molten and mortar and I honestly laughed. Some combinations are just redicilous. But who cares, atleast they drop something worth the 20 minutes it took to kill them right? If you wonder, they gave me ilvl 55 wrists with health regen and indestructibility. Hooray.

The point of Diablo was never to kill Diablo, it was to grind for gear. I've had hundreds of hours of fun while doing that in D2. The idea of killing champions instead of doing a million mephisto/diablo/baal runs for items was pretty good, I liked it. Nephalem stacks, pretty good too (to some degree). But the idea of designing D3 around some crappy system which should be OPTIONAL for the rich or spoiled called the RMAH, is fatal.

Flame me all you want, I don't care. I already know beforehand you're all trying to defend your "perfect game" because you think it's fine. You can grind A1 without dieing, you make money and you kill the butcher in 15 seconds. Grats, you're either a fanboy with or a fanboy without a creditcard.

Way to dissapoint your playerbase Blizzard.

Well said :)
28/06/2012 13:31Posted by Nerfzul
diablo3 is the most unrewarding game i have ever played in my life... and i have played quite a lot of them...

This

Credit card or gtfo apparantly :S
I quit for the exact same reasons OP stated.
In my 40 or so hours farming inferno (act 1 and 2) i have had 1 or 2 mediocre drops (for other classes mind you)
Everything else was crap. Imo this is very wrong and is not rewarding at all.
I did not buy "Diablo3: The auction house grind" so why keep punishing myself doing something i dont like? I'd rather quit.
You got some points there that are true in my eyes, but overall, from what you're describing,
it sounds like you and your friend are just really bad players :o

I've played about half the time you did, got plenty of great gear, lots of gold on the AH, didnt buy an item that costs more than 500k gold, and i havnt spend a dime in the RMAH - and I'm a casual player, I'm really not that good.

Maybe D3 isnt ur thing man :p

Maybe you rushed to 60, maybe you abused the exploits that are now fixed

The rich got richer, the poor more poor

Simple fact and game over
good points first post and most other players i love diablo 3 it just saddens me that i had to use credit card to finish the game so stuff bliz for that.

and for some of the big nouths what a bunch of idiots their most probly stuck in act 1 inferno or they are the dum idiots selling ah goods for 2 bil gold my word to you idiots s- tfu
You have to farm with skill, not brute force.

To get loot you have to do this:

1. Play the game within 1-2 weeks after launch, farm the good spots, sell for gold on AH, buy suitable gear for gold on AH. Trade with the other GOOD farmers..
2. Goblin farm for 3 days with 2-8 ppl, using 200+% MF gear at the killtime. Inferno of course.
3. Farm the act 4 spot before the nerf.
4. Farm with 5 NV stacks all the time. Act 1 sounds suitable for you.

I am 100% sure you failed to do 1-3 and now you are WAAAAYYYY behind the community and have alot of catching up to do since you cant trade on the gold AH due to item noobery (you simply dont bring value to good players).

So, what is left for you is 5 NV stack act 1 farming, and youd better HURRY UP cause they gonna nerf act 1 loot soon!! so u'd better 24/7 that shizzle :D

Also, you must goblin farm ancient path act 2 inferno with your friends, at least 2 others.

Unless you do this, u'd better come to terms with bringing out that cc to compensate your farming mistakes, or just put the game down for a few months while you think about where you went wrong..

Sure the game is a fail, but thats due to lack of endgame mostly, well yea drops got nerfed into non.existance after 1.03 but I think they learnt their lesson from the massive amount of players leaving. They got greedy and hit us all in the face, including them because the game failed.

But mostly, it's saveable with a massive content patch for endgame, as well as buffed rops in act 3 and especially act 4 (+ drops from the purples if u have 5 NV stacks is needded to make 4 worthwhile).

BUT my advice to you is: Start watching youtube at launch and the days after launch. Otherwise you dont have the intelligence needed to win the game.

Best,
Facerolling barb
Hello Noob

i stoped playing Diablo 3 - about 2 weeks ago

i had 360 hours played

230 000 Kills 17 000 Elite kills

28m gold colelcted grom ground (and do mind i never farmed jars or other crap, that came from the kills)

and about 100m worth of gear

i cleared inferno on my DPS barb with 106k dps before the 1.0.3

so yea that was when IAS was still good and u could tank stuff with dps setup cose fastk atk speed and life on hit

but hey - , cry more plz mister casual??

together with your friends 500 hours?

Casual .... your point values to nothing

come back when you alone have 500 hours played and give an opinion - and get atleast 200m worth of gear - meaby you might actually have a right for an opinion about this game

Casuals opinions dont count, and i dont need to tell the reasons why

There's a word for come-guzzelers like you : TROLL = GTFO!!!!