Beat Inferno Already??? I Think Not.

General Discussion
Here is my point in Diablo 1/2 there was no auction house so getting gear was through grind and of course if you managed to trade some. You farmed for months to get the ultimate gear set

Now all you do is grind crap, sell it and buy you skills from AH.

Now to me if you have already beat Diablo/Inferno from purchasing from Ah be it real money or Gold then you have payed to win.

You did not farm all your gear from the game the way it used to be played.

Comments please.
I've farmed all my gear myself. Didn't use the auction house, not even to sell stuff for gold.

I'm stuck in Act 3 on Ghom. Pre-1.0.3 I was stuck in the Keep Depths on the thrash mobs.

I've spent many hours farming gear. But unfortunately, this game is NOT tuned to be beatable without AH.
27/06/2012 01:08Posted by Psycobob

Even before release it was clear that D3 would be designed around the (RM)AH.
So you buy the game knowing that you'll have to use the AH if you want to progress as fast as the others.
I don't get your point, you don't like the AH and want to beat the game selffound..ok do that.
But why the post and why insult others they didn't beat inferno and "payed to win"?

Btw, Do you actually remeber D2? Most people bought their endgear via 3rdPartySites.
In old diablo games you traded gear for gear and/or gold, pay to win there aswell? The itemization in this game compared to d2 makes you dependant on ah, as do the fixed stats and high requirement of gear. It's by game design to be dependant on ah to beat inferno.

I feel no shame :) I beat inferno ^^
Here is my point in Diablo 1/2 there was no auction house so getting gear was through grind and of course if you managed to trade some. You farmed for months to get the ultimate gear set

Now to me if you have already beat Diablo/Inferno from purchasing from Ah be it real money or Gold then you have payed to win.

Comments please.

I completed Inferno within the first week of the game being released. Yes I spent gold in the AH, but really, who didn't.

I payed to win? The only payments I made was the gold I farmed.

I didn't farm my gear from the game the way it used to be played? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no "used to be played" in Diablo 3 as the game is brand new. This isn't Diablo 2 - get over it.
Well, there is something called friends...
I played with friends, we exchange gears, now everyone is better off than those playing alone 0_0
I did buy something from AH thou, namely some weapons, only because the drop rate of those shlt are too bad
Btw, why is it challenging to beat inferno anyway?
My barb without buying anything from AH or RMAH can now solo Diablo inferno with 400 resis and 13k dps....this game has been badly nerfed...

Comments please.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Most ridiculous post in a while. I'll gi ve you a comment.

You have no f-ing clue how things in D2 were. Killing Baal on Hell was not considered to be "winning the game". It was getting to lvl 99, and for some it was also to get all BiS items. Everyone traded, and most botted.

"You did not farm all your gear from the game the way it used to be played."

oh yeah ... "USED TO BE". D3 is not D2. Its an entirely different game that is based on the lore of Diablo universe. Your thoughts are just stupid.
[quote]

So you buy the game knowing that you'll have to use the AH if you want to progress as fast as the others.

Which beggars the question why do you care how fast others progress, most people using the AH excessively will be bored in a month or two and wont play anymore anyway.

Also I wish people would stop falsely claiming you HAVE to use the AH. I haven't and never intend to. The OPs point is sort of right, I play D2 as though the AH doesn't exist and judging by the endless whining about it, and my comparative enjoyment Id suggest Im better off for it.

Have I progressed as fast as others? NOPE... Do I care? NOPE

Last time I checked I play games for fun, not to do complete them faster than total strangers.

You have no f-ing clue how things in D2 were. Killing Baal on Hell was not considered to be "winning the game". It was getting to lvl 99, and for some it was also to get all BiS items. Everyone traded, and most botted.

Errr excuse me but I never traded or botted and I had two characters at level 99 and a few others around the 95 mark...
i like the idea of the rmah and the ah, however, i dont think that in game farming should have anything to do with nerfs, and patches "fixing" said farming. i mean, isnt that the point of the ah in the frist place, is to get the gear up there that you farmed to get? its like a double edged sword really. on one hand blizzard wants us to use the rmah and and ah, on the other hand, they nerf everything so we dont get gear worth a damn to put up ther ein the first place. i find an item that is better hten what i have, im going to use it first, and sell later.

i jsut dont feel that the rmah, and ah shold have anything to do wth "fixing" anything.
[quote="47962400000"]
Btw, Do you actually remeber D2? Most people bought their endgear via 3rdPartySites.

Don't try to justify your incompetence by dragging down honest gamers around you. I never did, and never had any problem with any aspect of the game.
27/06/2012 02:48Posted by RodHull
Errr excuse me but I never traded or botted and I had two characters at level 99 and a few others around the 95 mark...

Im sorry to burst your bubble there but i never bought anything from 3rd party sites and never cheated or exploited in any game never mind diablo series.

Alot of people here posting get what i mean. Yes in D1/2 you could trade with people to get gear. But with the system here put in place if you used the Ah to kills diablo on inferno already then you MUST have pated to play. The gear does not drop regularly enough for you to have done it otherwise.

So my statement is correct you payed to beat diablo.
Loot drops are based around the AH. It's unlikely that you would beat Inferno by just grinding all the gear yourself. This isn't really the fault of the players, it's Blizzard's.

Now if you used the RMAH or bought gold, then yes you payed to win. Otherwise no, you merely traded in stuff you found for other stuff (something that was actively done in D2 too btw).
Now in-game gold has some value, so you use that to buy items.

In Diablo 2 you traded runes or SOJs. What is the difference? If you want to play untwinked, you have to take it slow and hope for luck.

The real issue is that current Diablo 3 is like vanilla Diablo 2, early on when Lord De Sies would pull your sword or belt from you, when the cursed super unique quillbeast would one-shot you in the Monastery, when you would die to Multiple Shot + Lignging Enchanted in one hit etc. etc.

So... Back then, the game had crap for unique and set items. The only set I ever used were the Angelic rings for AR, and perhaps Sigon's shield for +1 to ASL. Every item worth using was a rare. If you don't remember that time, I do.

Then came LoD wth it's uniques. Patch 1.09, then 1.10 added more unique items and more importantly, runewords. 1.11 added even more runewords.

Now, what is the difference when playing untwinked with a game that offers only RNG generated rares and a game like Diablo 2 patch 1.12 and onward? The difference is that you have good intermediaory stepping stones that can carry you trough. Runeowrds that are easy to achieve in SP by running countess and getting a good drop from the Hellforge quest. Using Twitchtrhore or other readily available low-leve uniques that offer great value and a means to grind up higher levels and items.

I could pretty much guarantee that I would have all resist form Ancient's Pledge, a decent suit of armor with Smoke, Cannot be Frozen with Rhyme, an esy weapon for melee characters with Malice etc. etc. Now If I don't use the AH I might be stuck with a 50 DPS sword and find the game horribly difficult. It was exactly the case for me. I started playing untwinked and around level 20iysh my friend gave the AH a try. Suddenly he mowed down all the mobs with ease, while I sturggled. 15 k gold later I was likewise melting faces with my Wizard.

So, when Blizzard buffs the unique items to make them top-tier with unique bonuses, they should also add more easily obtainalbe, low level unqiues or recipes that can carry low level heroes. Same with runewords.
I have beaten Diablo on Inferno. I have payed, in total, 4-5 million gold at lvl 60 on gear to beat him. That's pretty low. The AH is meant to be used.
I did not pay to win. I collected virtual gold to buy virtual items and it was free of charge.
People talk about beating diablo on inferno like that's the point of the game.

Baffling, and makes me wonder if these people played diablo 2 or just read about it on wikipedia.
One of the worsts posts ever made..

Guess what if you havent beat the game before 1.0.3 you suck , if you have not bought a single item from AH you suck too because its impossible to get items for yourself playing !

"You did not farm all your gear from the game the way it used to be played."

Guess whats the new farm ? yes noob.. the AH , this game is meant to be played with the AH not by farming .

Without it , you probably are still in Hell or inferno act1
Loot drops are based around the AH. It's unlikely that you would beat Inferno by just grinding all the gear yourself. This isn't really the fault of the players, it's Blizzard's.

Now if you used the RMAH or bought gold, then yes you payed to win. Otherwise no, you merely traded in stuff you found for other stuff (something that was actively done in D2 too btw).

^ this, which I think is a pretty terrible design btw, because it ruins the fun of finding stuff yourself to make more ppl use the rmah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything_which_is_not_forbidden_is_allowed