Moving issue > can't rebind the mousebuttons????????

General Discussion
Moving issue.

Ok, it has nothing to do with my graphics or anything, but it has to do with the Moving ability ingame that i think is really ***** stupid (Excuse my language) but it really pisses me off that you don't have an option were you can change your move key to the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON, as theres so many other games where you click to move on ur rightmousebutton such as all dota-like games.

So my issue is. When i play a caster class such as my main now (Wizzard) i use 5spells LITERALLY 5spells, so im available to move on my rightclick instead of my Left. I can't believe that you cannot rebound this. I've tryed everything such as Move on W. But it doesnt work like that, as i have then to move my cursor 24/7... Theres one solution were you can change left-to right in Windows, but i really can't be arsed with that just for 1freaking game... All i want is that the "Move/Primary/Interact could be ****** rebounded somehow. PLEASE HELP ME, act3/4 is alitle but harder on Inferno without blink > as i use 5spells...
If you are using a mouse like mine (Logitech G500) you can do it with SetPoint (Logitech software to configure the mouse). You can set up a profile for Diablo 3 and rebind each mouse button to whatever you want.

I don't think you can do it ingame. It's pretty lame.
I got a mx518 so... But theres nothing else i can do or?.....
bump
Moving issue.

Ok, it has nothing to do with my graphics or anything, but it has to do with the Moving ability ingame that i think is really ***** stupid (Excuse my language) but it really pisses me off that you don't have an option were you can change your move key to the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON, as theres so many other games where you click to move on ur rightmousebutton such as all dota-like games.

So my issue is. When i play a caster class such as my main now (Wizzard) i use 5spells LITERALLY 5spells, so im available to move on my rightclick instead of my Left. I can't believe that you cannot rebound this. I've tryed everything such as Move on W. But it doesnt work like that, as i have then to move my cursor 24/7... Theres one solution were you can change left-to right in Windows, but i really can't be arsed with that just for 1freaking game... All i want is that the "Move/Primary/Interact could be ****** rebounded somehow. PLEASE HELP ME, act3/4 is alitle but harder on Inferno without blink > as i use 5spells...
I could go and post the exact same post on the DoTA forums complaining that the movement button was wrong and it should be left mouse button like all other similar games such as Diablo, learn to adapt.

22/06/2012 12:35Posted by Zulpish
I got a mx518 so... But theres nothing else i can do or?.....

Start -> control panel -> Mouse -> Change right hand to left hand.
bump
bump
sigh...
I got a similar problem:

As a monk I use:
Q - spirit generator (FoT:TC mainly, but also quickening or CW)
W - blind: faith
E - serenity
R - mantra
RMB - breath of heaven: blazing wrath
And the problem starts with Left Mouse Button:
I use 7sided strike atm, but I DONT WANT IT... i wanna use sweeping wind and I cant! Which is just terribly stupid!

Either allow me to unbind LMB from skills and let me bind it to a key or whatever, so that it behaves like any other hotkey
OR let me assign any skill i want. I dont care if you think using sweeping wind is weird on LMB (it is, but i prefer it than using it for my spirit generator or making me use other certain skill that are allowed...)

Just to be clear, if it was possible i would remove ANY skills from LMB usage! I want to move with it and interact ONLY! Yes, I'm mad, because I AM hugely disappointed.
Start > Control Panel > Mouse

Tick the button that says "switch primary and secondary buttons"

You can thank me later.

...seriously though, its a pain u cant do what you want. Doing the above swaps it for everything, move will be your right mouse button but so will picking things up, closing boxes etc. Lesser of 2 evils ? upto you :)
Give us an option to detach ATTACK from MOVE
The system is called "Click to move" but it`s NOT moving when i want to, often it attacks.. nothing (and no, i don't hold shift or click on an object/mob).

What i want to do is use the left mouse button to MOVE only (and interact with NPCs) and attack only with force attack (default shift).
Just use WASD to move instead.
Give us an option to detach ATTACK from MOVE
The system is called "Click to move" but it`s NOT moving when i want to, often it attacks.. nothing (and no, i don't hold shift or click on an object/mob).

What i want to do is use the left mouse button to MOVE only (and interact with NPCs) and attack only with force attack (default shift).

Hello everyone;

Please be aware there is an additional secundary Move command available to you in the Controls menu.

This is unbound by default;- but you can set it to any key you wish. (I set mine to, "E")

This Move command does not interact with any monsters by accidentally attacking them with your primary skill;- nor does it interact with items on the ground - it only processes the Move command.
You could also use AutoHotkey to rebind your left and right mouse buttons.

Hello everyone;

Please be aware there is an additional secundary Move command available to you in the Controls menu.

This is unbound by default;- but you can set it to any key you wish. (I set mine to, "E")

This Move command does not interact with any monsters by accidentally attacking them with your primary skill;- nor does it interact with items on the ground - it only processes the Move command.

That doesn't change 1 big thing. You still must use LMB as a skill and i don't want to... Im with 5 skills i want to if i want to ignore mouse.... sorry even 4 if you ignore mouse completely, but i actually use right click. Thats bull!@#$. Skill shouldnt be made so you MUST use mouse clicks for them.

Edit: Also, I WANT to move/interact with my mouse, not keyboard.... just not to use the skills on it...

Hello everyone;

That doesn't change 1 big thing. You still must use LMB as a skill and i don't want to... Im with 5 skills i want to if i want to ignore mouse.... sorry even 4 if you ignore mouse completely, but i actually use right click. Thats bull!@#$. Skill shouldnt be made so you MUST use mouse clicks for them.

It does change things for me;- and a lot of other people. I was merely pointing out the existance of this option because it solves this particular problem for a lot of people.
Theres an autohotkey script to do exactly what you want. Of course, i cant link it but you can google it. You might get banned.
It does change things for me;- and a lot of other people. I was merely pointing out the existance of this option because it solves this particular problem for a lot of people.

I completely agree that it is a solved problem to some, but to most, only to a certain level. Still, if the reason you try to move with a key instead of LMB is so that you don't use a skill/try to attack by mistake, it is NOT a solution, because, after all, you WANT to move with a mouse! You just don't want it to use a skill!

I dont know what class's you guys play, but for monk I use Q as any of my spirit generator and its awesome - you move if you didnt target any mob and you can just click it ONCE and it will attack ANYTHING on your track or even nearby, awesome for mass or for the moments you cant be bothered with shift+click or targeting particular mobs. BUT BUT BUT - 1 problem. WTF do you do with LMB skill? YOU're gonna use some useless bull!@#$ you don't want on your build? Even if you wanted to use any skill that is particularly on LMB, its not like you wanna use LMB for any skill at all since you would use another key for the same reason you changed your spirit generator...

Edit:
Theres an autohotkey script to do exactly what you want. Of course, i cant link it but you can google it. You might get banned.

NO script will do exactly what we want, its only a partial solution, because you will still need to use LMB/RMB commands send ingame in that particular script. So skills under LMB/RMB will always behave differently than those that are not. And THAT is the problem. No customization.
04/07/2012 16:34Posted by Keenmaan

Workaround for people with mouse/keyboard that allows them to bind keys to whatever they want (no third party macro software needed, only drivers for the hardware):
You have an additional Move command in Settings. Bind it to a keyboard key, say 'M'. Now bind your LMB to 'M' in your mouse drivers (Razer mices supports this, Logitech *most likely* too). Now bind any keyboard key to LMB (possible with my Sidewinder X6, *most likely* any Razer/Logitech keyboards too). All those settings should be in a 'Diablo 3' only profile.

Result: you can move as before without having a skill assigned to LMB and you can use 5 keyboard keys as skill triggers. You could do the same with RMB and use only keyboard.