To all the Blizz defenders read and weep.

General Discussion
Hi all this is some extracts from webiste listing alot of Blizz intentions with regards to Diablo 3.

its a good read and covers alot of people thoughts on the RMAH.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/131615-diablo-3-the-blizzard-sweatshop

Being plagued by gameplay, loot, and connectivity issues is bad enough — but, to put it bluntly, the addition of the RMAH simply ruined Diablo 3. Now whenever an item drops, instead of equipping it or giving it to a friend, you immediately think of its real money value. Now you don’t play the game for fun; you play for money.

You see, on every single auction transaction, Blizzard takes a cut. For items, the cut is $1 (or the equivalent in your country). For commodities (gold, potions, gems) it’s 15%. It gets better!

So, for example, if I sell my Sword of a Thousand Truths for $20 and decide to receive funds via PayPal, Blizzard takes $1, and then 15% of $19, for a grand total of $3.85. Just so you begin to understand the scale of this, items readily sell for $50 or more.

You can also buy in-game gold for real money. Blizzard takes a 15% cut of all gold sales, and then another 15% if you cash out to PayPal.

Then, of course, there are bots. Bots are software programs that automatically gather gold. Almost every online game, including Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft, is plagued by bots. Usually these bots are run by gold farmers: You buy 10 (or 100, or 1000) copies of D3, and then just leave the bots to farm gold. Each bot can earn $1.25 per hour. This is significantly higher than the minimum wage in most non-Western countries. Alternatively, you replace bots with low-wage Asian (usually Chinese) workers.

In other games, where black market trade is rife, bots are obviously frowned upon. In D3, where there’s a minimum price for gold — where Blizzard always gets at least 15% of every transaction — bots don’t matter. They can’t ruin the economy — they just stand to make Blizzard more money. The best bit, with regard to bots and gold farmers, is that they’ve known from the start that the RMAH would come — and so they’ve saved up billions of gold and awesome magic items for one truly epic payday.

Blizzard even gets its pound of flesh from quitters: If you quit, of course you’re going to sell all of your items on the RMAH. Furthermore, Blizzard has said that, in the future, you’ll be able to sell entire characters on the RMAH

I dont see a game here anymore all i see is SCAM!.

Sorry blizz i gave it a go but i dont want to pay to win for your benefit.
You missed just 1 thing. This 72 hours when they keeping all real money in their accounts... If you count it properly you will realise that the bigger benefit is from this not from % for sale.
Diablo 3 is a big fruit machine to get money out of you. It's a good game at its core but the loot sytem is a cynical money making ploy.
No one is forcing you to use the RMAH.
I'm not and I'm doing fine.

So there going this entire article down the pooper...
28/06/2012 13:23Posted by Psycobob
Now whenever an item drops, instead of equipping it or giving it to a friend, you immediately think of its real money value. Now you don’t play the game for fun; you play for money.

This is the player's fault as well.

It's true the game plays on your greed, but being an outsider to the system i can see it deppends on the people rather than just the game.

I play for fun, i log in to play HC and farm SC with a friend once in a while. Meanwhile the majority of my friends are farming SC 24/7 for that 250€ item that may just drop.

If you are one of the players who want to make money, well you are not forced to do it... there is a reason why some players buy the items... because they work and make money and instead of just farming they want to have fun in this game.

I feel the RMAH was a bad move, but blaming it 100% on Blizz is wrong... they were smart because they know YOU are greedy and your eyes will glow everytime a good item drops and you can make money out of it.
Alternatively, you replace bots with low-wage Asian (usually Chinese) workers.

made me lol
Yet another crybaby thread. Move along.

THIS

Honestly that article says 'you stop playing for fun and start wondering how much everything is worth' Errr no I dont, and I never will. You make a choice to use the RMAH or not, thats the beauty of being a sound minded adult, choices and responsibility for those choices.
I made money on RMAH not even paying for my D3 copy (annual wow sub). Nobody forces you to use the RMAH, and nobody forces you to use the AH.

Look a monk wearing a 200k golds gear clearing act 2 inferno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fEoUKqg6SdA

The game is easy, can be fun if taken easy.

THIS

Honestly that article says 'you stop playing for fun and start wondering how much everything is worth' Errr no I dont, and I never will. You make a choice to use the RMAH or not, thats the beauty of being a sound minded adult, choices and responsibility for those choices.

Exactly. I play the game because I enjoy running around and hitting big monsters until they die. If they happen to drop useful loot for myself or for any of my friends I'll hang onto them. If they aren't of any use to me and have decent stats I'll put them on the AH for 10-15k (maybe up to 50k for a really good weapon).

If neither of the above they get scrapped or vendored.

As I have stated on another thread I have no intention of ever using the RMAH and if that means that I have to run around killing things for longer in order to progress that's just the way it is going to be.
Should I be offended that I can make money while doing something I very much enjoy? How dare they!
The real truth is, with Diablo 2, everyone was using Real money anyway.

Except most of those people were ripped off or supplying money to organized crime.

With Diablo3, the RMAH was implemented because people would just spend real money anyway, and I for one, rather my money goes to blizzard than going to a criminal organization that might one day ruin my life or the life of any of my friends and family.

If the hysteria about blizzard profiteering is true, then so be it. Because there is one cold fact about non-sanctioned organizations... and that is that they ARE profiteering and make no attempt to cover the fact.

They are stealing from Blizzard and they are stealing from you. So what if Blizzard are cashing in, at least its legal.
28/06/2012 13:23Posted by Psycobob
Being plagued by gameplay, loot, and connectivity issues is bad enough — but, to put it bluntly, the addition of the RMAH simply ruined Diablo 3.

RMAH was announced months before the launch. Anyone who remotely kept up to date about D3 knew it was coming.

What's really wrong is that loot has too much value, and getting decent loot relies far too much on luck or how much gold/money you can spend.

Not only does loot have too much impact on whether a character can progress or not, it's also randomised whether you craft it or if it's a drop. This means that loot which is perfect for a specific class is ridiculously disproportionately rare compared to the amount of useless loot received.

Obviously the useless loot is there so things can be sharded for crafting without consequence but honestly it's just a kick in the teeth when what you craft ends up being just as useless as what you sharded.

Worse again you waste materials and gold in crafting, hoping you get lucky enough to make something that is at least useful to someone so you could at least sell it.

RMAH just makes the situation worse because the extreme rarity of good loot, and how stupidly important it is in order to progress ends up creating a situation in which players are more likely to consider using RMAH to get some easy cash from desperate players.
When this was discussed on reddit, (where even people who hate the game can have a constructive discussion) the author of that link was declared as a bit of a numpty.
RMAH is a feature not a bug. Ignore it to play the game.
I dont see a game here anymore all i see is SCAM!.

Sorry blizz i gave it a go but i dont want to pay to win for your benefit.

How its scam when people can make real money while playing? Yes Blizz takes fee for that service but why you care if Blizz gets more money?

Ever played LoL or other new free to play games. Those full of pay and get new character features.