1.0.3 great job bliz!

General Discussion
I see alot of people complaining about that patch, but i think this patch is just great.
i know that 3 out of 5 classes were build on glasscanon way, and now they cry about repair etc.
Now atleast classes are somehow balanced (without even fixing classes hehe)

well i think repair is fine like it is, atleast now you pay for your misstake haha!

finaly some fun for melee classes i guess?
Agree Bobane, Monk playing in A1 Inferno, and I haven't had a repair bill over 20k yet.

I don't understand how some players continually throw bodies at enemies and drive themselves bankrupt with repairs. Step down a level and stop complaining. Gear up.
before 1.0.3 i had problems with 5stack sigebreaker runs, now i can clear act3, and i was (and mostly still am) ias life on hit based monk (had 80%+ ias), so my "item build" got nerfed alot still im able to do WAY more than before
I played tanky witchdoctor since from start, I haven't seen repair bill over 15k either.

Get resists, vit, armor. And you won't die so often.
I got my whole gear set-up with under 500k
OP, you've completely missed the point. If I was having fun playing a glass cannon build how does that affect you? Those glass cannon builds were running that way because it was fun for them. But it seems they were having fun the wrong way.

The reason you see a lot of people complaining about the patch is because the patch was just plain awful. It broke more than it fixed.
Qinetiq, so blizz from start made it clear that they will be focused on balance in pve here. This is not wow so every class must be balanced in the tanky and dps way. If you play monk you are not an healer/support/tank/rouge, so is for barb, is not like warrior in wow.
Melee classes before with good (not best) gear culdnt do much, when range culd do alot more wit way more cheap gear. That wasnt balanced and now it is... if i had before to waste like 20millions just to start act2/3 and even like that i had realy hard times, the range classes just took it easy culd farm millions easy, now the thing is changed if you want to farm millions than you must have a good gear...
Belive me it suck to farm act1 with closed eyes and you cant do !@#$ in act2.

Even in diablo2 range classes had resistance at max (or near).
If a class with cheap gear can clear pretty much everything and another class with 5x more worth gear cant do much, this is not a balanced game. With that patch they made it way more balanced
+over 9000

Melee classes before with good (not best) gear culdnt do much, when range culd do alot more wit way more cheap gear. That wasnt balanced and now it is...

So basically ur saying it's good ranged classes got nerfed cuz they're ranged classes?
Taken out of context sure but that's the point you're putting forward atm.
22/06/2012 20:01Posted by Qinetiq
It broke more than it fixed.

gold spam -mostly gone
loot drops- up in quantity
fps lags - gone

whats not to like about that?

Melee classes before with good (not best) gear culdnt do much, when range culd do alot more wit way more cheap gear. That wasnt balanced and now it is...

So basically ur saying it's good ranged classes got nerfed cuz they're ranged classes?
Taken out of context sure but that's the point you're putting forward atm.

not range classes, but glasscanons
gold spam -mostly gone
loot drops- up in quantity
fps lags - gone

less income
99% fail and 1% get it all
No one is shopping anymore.

Whats not to like about that?
Look at your real world economy and bailouts and reflect it on a video game economy.
OP, you've completely missed the point. If I was having fun playing a glass cannon build how does that affect you? Those glass cannon builds were running that way because it was fun for them. But it seems they were having fun the wrong way.

The reason you see a lot of people complaining about the patch is because the patch was just plain awful. It broke more than it fixed.

I agree... There should be diversity, as off now, Blizzard has just taken another step towards mainstream.

It required skills playing as a glass cannon. When playing barb/monk LoH you really just leave it up to your equipment if you survive or not, no skills involved.

Im not hating against people who likes to play that way, im just saying that the DPS a glass cannon COULD achieve before 1.0.3 had its cost armor/resistance wise, which resulted in 1, 2 and 3 hit KO's.

Now the diversity has been robbed from us, since a glass cannon now doesn't deal more DMG than a tanky barb/monk but STILL have to kite around to avoid certain death.
Glasscannons you say, why should my wiz whom had 100k dps prepatch get nerfed to 60k while still having 40k hp and 700 res? I'd hardly think those defensive stats are glasscannon.
great job mb, but game isn't rewarding since patch at all after identify more then 300 items and not even one good or worth anything, game lost last piece of magic for me =(
22/06/2012 20:28Posted by Dethen
Glasscannons you say, why should my wiz whom had 100k dps prepatch get nerfed to 60k while still having 40k hp and 700 res? I'd hardly think those defensive stats are glasscannon.

why shuldnt my monk do almost anything with almost duble of your effective hp and 30% of your dmg?
does that look nice to you? me as melee had to have alot more survability than range classes just to do something in act2+.
Ofc you have now so high dmg and resistance, because pre 1.0.3 you culd farm like a boss, when i culdnt do much, i found the best to farm a goblin in act2...
An easy example how unbalanced was before, i was for like 5 days already in inferno, when my friend with a dh steped in, bought an 1k dmg weapon from ah for lol 25k, and he mostly faceroled to act3. I culdnt do much solo in act2, but when he came we just rushed through.
So i came in inferno with an wizzard friend, when we came in act2, ofr him was WAY easyer to continue solo than with me, tell me again how fun/balanced was that?