Stop QQ, be patiant and l2p

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
@Urbedisdead
If you like your huge muscle dude, go play him. Maybe you will need a few more weeks of farming as with your DH....so what? You just said you like your Barb, didn't you?

Btw, which Char beat Inf HC World first? Not the imba DH, not the mighty Wiz....it was the underpowerd Barbarian.

And you still can make a lot of money with farming, just choose spots you can handle!

You dont see my point... I've been farming for over 100 hours now. It's insane really... And you cant compare my skill to probably best barb in d3 atm. He is also playing a lot on his barb.
Im not saying Barb is bad im just saying you cant outfarm the repair cost...

Now see this is what you got wrong he didnt get HC world first alone... He is playing with Krippi (wizard) if you watched video you should know he saved his !@# and he is very skilled player.

Yeah i know. But it really takes enjoyment out of game knowing you just get punished hard for something that might be just bad luck (rare combo). I dont want this game to be easy, i never complained about it before but huge repairs is what i hate. It would be fine if it didn't cost me to take hits on my barb which i must. You get it now?
No, actually most people are "whining" because Blizzard is balancing a game that is supposed to be single player with an option of multiplayer. Balancing is for MMO games.

That is so untrue, people are getting mad because they see their friends are doing more progress with less gear, that is completely why...

Well, if some people are complaining about their friends' classes being better than their own, then screw 'em! I don't agree with that, and I don't think such childishness should be given any consideration.
There is a 2% chance to find the strongest items in the game in Act I Inferno.

Nein. There is a 2% chance that an item of the highest ilvl will drop in Act 1. Add to that the chances of it being rare quality, and add to that the chances of its affixes being even remotely good.

Still, regardless of the actual drop rates, my main beef is with how it's regulated based on the AH average.

My point is, you can get them. And you do not need the best possible affixes to proceed in the game.

Act I Inferno is definitely doable without AH.

Never said that it wasn't. That aside, every act is possible without the AH, given that you spend enough time grinding by yourself for months and months.

Months and months? Again the game was completely beaten in HC in 1,5 months, without AH. And again... be happy you aren't done within 2 weeks...

Act I Inferno can be easily farmed for money, even after Patch 1.03.

That is a subjective statement about the ease with which the content in Act 1 Inferno is beaten. This is bordering on a simple "L2P" argument.

Again, some people just aren't that good at the game but still want to enjoy it. It is (and should be) a balance of interests between the "noobs" and the "elites", but right now that balance has gone to s--- because of the repair cost.

Inferno was designed for "elites", leaving 3 difficulties for "noobs", so what is your problem?

So just play Act I as long as you have the gear for Act II. If you are tired farming, seek the challenge in Act II and be happy that you bought a game that lasts more than 2 weeks.

The problem is that with current drop rates and current repair costs, playing Act 1 over and over for better gear will take years. And going to Act 2 to "seek the challenge" is out of the question unless you want to throw money away.

I agree with you that Diablo 3 should be a grind. But unlike you apparently, I think that it should be a rewarding grind.

Again, the game was beaten within 1,5 months. I just tried to kill act 2 elites without dieing. This is also possible! (but I have to admit it is more challenging than farming act I, but the drop rates for ilvl 63 are doubled)

So conclusion:
Inferno was designed for "elites". In a game that is based on items this includes farming.
If you die to often, go play hell difficulty (no offense).
If you are not patient enough, go for AH and buy your stuff.

Stop crying about you cannot beat the game, start to think about a way you can do it. And if you cannot beat Inferno without AH, maybe you are not the "elite" (no offense).
The power of your character isn't dictated by your own skill (it's just clicking, after all), but rather your gear. So if a player spends $250 on the best magical hammer and suit of armour in the game - and they undoubtedly will -they'll be severely overpowered

No need to L2P here.
25/06/2012 15:18Posted by SubSeven
stop playing areas you are not able to handle right now.

If I'm in that area as a result of following the story arc, how is this response even marginally related to valid? When did this become mistaken for acceptable logic?

The 10 level, (average), disparity between equipment drops and player/monster level *require* that you use the AH or spend the bulk of the game struggling or dying, multiple times. Masochists may get their jollies from this but the average player would probably consider this sort of negative feedback anti-fun.

Whipping out the RM/AH and purchasing product is not fun. It is the antithesis of a fun challenge. It isn't a "game" and it is hardly entertaining. It is a chore.

The primary issue for most who *get it* is that the impact of the RM/AH on the item pool was not made clear anywhere outside of a throwaway response in a thread somewhere on the forums. This is tantamount to withholding purchased content and is the underlying reason behind all those "I'm suing everyone for fraud!" threads. Because it is, technically, fraudulent, (ignoring, for now, the EULA which is read by maybe 0.00007%).

Following this up with the now delightful mucking around with gold drops, magic find and repair costs to "stabilise" said fake market in response to the inevitable influx of gold-botting opportunists was the entirely wrong thing to do. The casual player cares not one jot for the value of a drop outside of its usefulness. Gold could be omitted from the game in its entirety and have absolutely zero affect on the value or enjoyment of the game. There is no need to play at ridiculously clumsy gold sinks.

At least, not if the focus were on gameplay and content.

Clearly, the focus is not about gameplay or content. It is primarily about trading and profit.That's fine, but that is not what was marketed. Hence the horde of disgruntled purchasers out there.

Personally, I don't play games to "farm" fake money. I don't play games to run through the same content countless times in order to play at equipment lotto just so I can progress a few more levels. I don't play games to play at trading fake items for real money.

I play aRPG games for the aRPG experience. A smooth transition between levels providing interesting challenges, a pleasant array of drops which enables me to play in a variety of styles and maybe a moderately acceptable story in-between.

This is most assuredly *not* an aRPG. It's a corporate mutilation of an RPG. I get that you don't see this and frankly that's fine. Most do.

It's a game, not a job. If I wanted dull, repetitive, inanity coupled with frustration and little reward I'd get a job in the public sector.
25/06/2012 15:58Posted by SubSeven
Months and months? Again the game was completely beaten in HC in 1,5 months, without AH. And again... be happy you aren't done within 2 weeks...

If you play 24/7
The power of your character isn't dictated by your own skill (it's just clicking, after all), but rather your gear. So if a player spends $250 on the best magical hammer and suit of armour in the game - and they undoubtedly will -they'll be severely overpowered

No need to L2P here.

And I think this is great.
So the "noob" can beat the game in nightmare or hell, OR he can buy the stuff to beat inferno.
The "elite" can save the money and try to achieve the victory without help.
Where is the problem?

Your Money, your Game, your decision!
My problem with Inferno being "for elites" is simply this:
-The objective of Diablo 3 is to acquire the best gear.There is simply no other drive for people to play the game.
-The best gear in the game is only accessible in Inferno, thus only accessible to "the elite".

So you have just done away with the reason why any casual player should play the game.

I'm fine with the idea of having an extra difficulty that is designed specifically for "the elite", but such a difficulty should be just that; A challenge, nothing more. No exclusive item rewards. Since Blizzard have already screwed this up, they now need to make inferno accessible to as many players as possible.

As for your other thing about the game being beaten in 1,5 months... Well, it's hardly fair to use that as a reference, considering that 1.0.3 only happened last week. Before then, people on HC characters did mainly goblin runs and other so-called exploits. Drop rates were better, IAS wasn't nerfed etc. etc.

We are discussing 1.0.3 here, and using pre-patch data is either careless or dishonest.
Excellent well thought out and mature reply.

Spread sheet tip could benefit about 6.99 billion on this planet alone.
My problem with Inferno being "for elites" is simply this:
-The objective of Diablo 3 is to acquire the best gear.There is simply no other drive for people to play the game.
-The best gear in the game is only accessible in Inferno, thus only accessible to "the elite".

So you have just done away with the reason why any casual player should play the game.

I'm fine with the idea of having an extra difficulty that is designed specifically for "the elite", but such a difficulty should be just that; A challenge, nothing more. No exclusive item rewards. Since Blizzard have already screwed this up, they now need to make inferno accessible to as many players as possible.

How is this fair? Ofc a good player should be able to achieve better items than a decent one.
And Blizzard still offers the "medium skilled guys" a way to beat inferno, the AH. With the downside, they have to pay real money or do boring farming runs. A fine deal in my opinion.

As for your other thing about the game being beaten in 1,5 months... Well, it's hardly fair to use that as a reference, considering that 1.0.3 only happened last week. Before then, people on HC characters did mainly goblin runs and other so-called exploits. Drop rates were better, IAS wasn't nerfed etc. etc.....

...Monster DMG was way higher in team games, item Drop % a way lower...
25/06/2012 14:37Posted by SubSeven
The journey is the reward.

FU hippie! some of us did pay for this game with the money we earned - by working a job, you should try it
25/06/2012 16:20Posted by Omeid
FU hippie!

This is a valuable contribution?
The OP stole this post from my brain ;D;D i mean, exactly what im thinking, most of the whines here are only L2P issues.

How is this fair? Ofc a good player should be able to achieve better items than a decent.
And Blizzard still offers the "medium skilled guys" a way to beat inferno, the AH. With the downside, they have to pay real money or do boring farming runs. A fine deal in my opinion.

I agree that a good player should be rewarded for being good, I think our disagreement lies in what those rewards should be.

I'll try to clarify:
In Diablo 3, you have only one (1) single, singular solitary purpose for logging in. That purpose is to get the best gear for your character.

Now, if the best gear for your character is only available in a part of the game which was specifically designed to be too hard for you, then that purpose is defeated completely.

There are two solutions as far as I can see:
1. Either make ilvl 63 items available in Hell difficulty, or
2. Make Inferno doable for everyone, and make a fifth difficulty for "the elites"

The rewards for playing in the last difficulty should be limited to vanity items and "bragging rights", such as achievements and so forth.

The rewards for playing in the last difficulty shouldn't be something that is at the very core of why we all play the game.

You are arguing that the post patch 1.0.3 game can be completed in 1,5 months on Hardcore, the evidence of which is zero. That is my objection.

Also, you don't know what the item drop rates were pre-1.0.3, unless I missed an official statement on this..?
25/06/2012 14:37Posted by SubSeven
-> Now everyone is complaining about a game that is to hard to beat.

is it? there is nothing to do, thats all
25/06/2012 16:15Posted by SubSeven

No. Blizz said they got the drop rates wrong in Act 3 & 4, they were higher pre-patch than post-patch. But on paper they looked better as none saw the pre-patch drop-rates..

Dont bring Kripp into this as he can be considered an outlier here, even in HC inferno mode.

And I suggest you to just store your thoughts now and complete act 2 and get to act 3.
Then you will realize that you need to farm act 1 and 2 for better gear -> fine! This is how this game works (and why DG are cool)
As for now, it's better to farm act 1 instead of act 2 (lower repair and allmost same drop-rate).
Come back in about 50 butcher runs (from "trailing the covant") and tell us how many awesome items you got that is going to help you in any way in act 3.

I'll try to clarify:
In Diablo 3, you have only one (1) single, singular solitary purpose for logging in. That purpose is to get the best gear for your character.

Disagree. Story is ok, Gameplay is fun, Inferno is ...challenging!

Now, if the best gear for your character is only available in a part of the game which was specifically designed to be too hard for you, then that purpose is defeated completely.

There are two solutions as far as I can see:
1. Either make ilvl 63 items available in Hell difficulty, or
2. Make Inferno doable for everyone, and make a fifth difficulty for "the elites"

Disagree.
1. You can give a 0,5% chance for finding ilvl 63 in hell. It will chance nothing, ppl will complain that it is nearly impossible to get them. And will tell you they have to use the AH.
2. We already have 4 difficulties! And Inferno was designed to be exactly for "the elites".

If ppl want "the best" items and are not willing to work at their skills or do farm runs, they have to use the AH. What is wrong about that?
So your point that causal players have no motivation in playing the game, because the will never get "the best" items is invalid. They can farm gold and buy them!

Also, you don't know what the item drop rates were pre-1.0.3, unless I missed an official statement on this..?

Agree.
I dont know anyone complaining the game is too hard. The main complaint is that trying to beat it is too expensive because of the repair costs. You cannot attempt to progress an Act until you over-gear it. This leads to crap gameplay.
25/06/2012 16:37Posted by SubSeven
They can farm gold and buy them!
Wow! So much fun! Just like real life!

Is this a game or an some evil social experiment measuring gullibility.? I can't tell any more.
Lolpatiant