As a wizzard i pay 15m to do act2, monk 200k, balance??

General Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEoUKqg6SdA&feature=player_embedded

Costed me alot of gold to have the res, vit and dmg to able to do act 2 on my mage and wd and now i see a movie of a monk doing it with 200k?

Well balanced Blizzard, slapped me again the face
If you spent 15m just to do act 2 you're either seriously overgeared or just bought seriously overpriced items.
Yes, because Blizzard stated the AH prices for equipment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEoUKqg6SdA&feature=player_embedded

Costed me alot of gold to have the res, vit and dmg to able to do act 2 on my mage and wd and now i see a movie of a monk doing it with 200k?

Well balanced Blizzard, slapped me again the face

You wasted your gold. Blizzard didn't slap you in the face. I'm a Wiz in act three and since I started the char I've probably only spent around 1mill total on gear.

Edit: And yes I did Act 2 before 1.0.3.
that's not blizzard's fault, since it's not blizzard who decides what price wiz items will cost.

DH and wiz items are expensive and as you know, now fellas put their items for stupid prices and hope they can sell something.
My wizard duos with a Barb who buffs both our resistence. Coupled with her own intelligence, Energy Armour with Prismatic rune and dropped gear, I haven't had to spend a penny on resistence stuff.

Unslot Force Armour rune perhaps?
My wizard duos with a Barb who buffs both our resistence. Coupled with her own intelligence, Energy Armour with Prismatic rune and dropped gear, I haven't had to spend a penny on resistence stuff.

Unslot Force Armour rune perhaps?

I do this with my barb friend a lot. With Prismatic Armour and threatening shout up I get to like 1k res, Its awesome :D
Well this is something thats getting on my nerves a little.

Okay say 1mil variations per socket.
1mil^13 combinations

Every piece of gear has a different value both vendor/Ah.

Now to say it will cost Xmil for class isnt true is Xmil per build and the build you selected is Xmil so pick another and cost isnt an issue.

Following Trends will always be expensive try being a bit more diverse in your builds and it might just payoff.
Hey fanboys

The hole point is that you can not do the same in act 2 with spending 200k on a wizzard/wd

Imposible, unless you zerg it.

You need at least 500 res, 30k vit and around 25k dps

So please dun gimme the bs about i spend to much.

Gear a wd/mage and spend 200k on gear and so how far you come! First pack elites you die over and over and over

It's not balanced and total BS that a monk can do this. Classes should not all have a hard time but seeing monks/barbs your better off rolling melee after 1.0.3 and farm you gear with that.
Hey fanboys

The hole point is that you can not do the same in act 2 with spending 200k on a wizzard/wd

Gear a wd/mage and spend 200k on gear and so how far you come! First pack elites you die over and over and over

It's not balanced and total BS that a monk can do this

Get over it. You wasted your gold and now you're !@#$%ing because you made a stupid mistake.

Because we aren't complete morons and didn't waste our gold doesn't make us fanboys champ :)

Pretty sure if someone made a youtube vid of a Wizard doing this and not monks or barbs you wouldn't even know or care.
29/06/2012 11:39Posted by rootz
my mage

/facepalm.
No one or more builds might need that there are millions of builds and millions of gear setups

Vit 50k highregen Lowresist High LOH and Manaregen can do it just fine
Show me a wizard doing the same then.

From my experience, a wizard with X damage cannot survive where a monk with damage X -25% can thrive.
Hey fanboys

It's not balanced and total BS that a monk can do this. Classes should not all have a hard time but seeing monks/barbs your better off rolling melee after 1.0.3 and farm you gear with that.

Wizards and DH's were farming act 3 by the numbers when most Monks and Barbs were getting owned in the desert in act2. It was the melee classes that had to invest in expensive gear with multiple stats. Maybe they learned the value of items better than you as they were balancing various stats, not just trying to increase damage output.

Less QQ, more pew pew
Hey fanboys

It's not balanced and total BS that a monk can do this

Get over it. You wasted your gold and now you're !@#$%ing because you made a stupid mistake.

Because we aren't complete morons and didn't waste our gold doesn't make us fanboys champ :)

Pretty sure if someone made a youtube vid of a Wizard doing this and not monks or barbs you wouldn't even know or care.

You do not even get the point you f moron

serious get lost, go play you OP monk

You do not even get the point you f moron

serious get lost, go play you OP monk

Ok buddy, how's your 15mil's worth of gear working out for ya? haha.

If you chose a different spec for your wiz you could gear him in around 200-500k for act two anyways. But you didn't, paid way too much for your items, and now you are butthurt!

Congrats :D
Lol OP monk...
Hey fanboys

Hey fanboys

Your kinda missing a important detail here.

The guy is playing in the US, where the AH isn't as inflated as EU AH. That means, the same items on EU server, would probably cost a lot more than 200K.

Look at the gear he bought. He even provided price tag on the picture. In EU, as soon as something have AR or LoH, the price skyrockets.

http://i.imgur.com/P4OYh.jpg
I have been trying progress in ACT II Inferno, doing 2 blood samples + 2 bodies + kill Zoltan ... it costs me 320k ... if it is like 1/8 of whole act II + there will be some harder fights ... it will be like 2-3mill for me ... so stop playing glass cannon or get better gear from AH ... 15mill is too much.
Monks have awsome LOH/SPIRIT TO LIFE and a super Resist Passive

Wizard have 1/3 passive Diamond Skin add in LOH+Regen and they do good then add the Crit Cooler passive they can out tank Monks in some situations.