Game Limits Re-Enabled (Updated)

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Update 8/6/2012: Game limits have been re-enabled.

-----

In the near future, we'll be re-enabling the limit on how many games a player can create within a certain amount of time. We've further tuned and tested the conditions that trigger this limit to ensure, as much as possible, that it only affects those abusing the Diablo III game service in a way that violates the Terms of Use – for example, by using bots that create games in rapid succession.

The use of bots not only impacts the stability of the game service, but it also has an impact on the player-driven economy. While we regularly take action against accounts for the use of unauthorized third-party programs and bots, this additional measure will help us further preserve and protect the integrity of the game and economy in between ban waves.

Once this change goes live, we're looking for your feedback to help ensure that the limit is working as intended. If you encounter the "Input limit reached" message and feel you should not have, please let us know how many games you were creating and why. This information will help us ensure the limit minimally impacts legitimate players while still protecting the game against bots.

We'll continue to tweak the game limit as necessary, as well as continue to go after the few cheaters and botters that are out there in other ways. Our goal is to help ensure that Diablo III continues to be a fun gaming environment for all of our players, and we're looking forward to hearing your feedback on this change once it goes live.

We will update this post and unlock the thread once game limits are re-enabled.
17/07/2012 02:20Posted by Lylirra
If you encounter the "Input limit reached" message and feel you should not have, please let us know how many games you were creating and why.

I've experienced it while floating around on the character selection screen. Talked to a friend over Real ID. Browsed the AH. Got kicked with that, and was able to immediately log in again no problem.
Update 8/6/2012: If you encounter the "Input limit reached" message and feel you should not have, please let us know how many games you were creating and why. This information will help us ensure the limit minimally impacts legitimate players while still protecting the game against bots.

I've had this after just joining one game in the public game list playing for a few mins leaving the group as it was utter fail and then just by browsing through the public game list after leaving and without joining another game i received the error messege and was removed from game but was able to relog instantly after.

i also get it consistently by just sitting with the public game list open at any time without even joining a game and just by leaving the screen idle for a minute or two and boom "imput limit reached" each time im able to relog instantly but is a bit frustrating i should be able to go afk with the public game list open if i wish.
I made a ticket about the error but nothing came of it apart from "we will look into it" and ticket closed.
Blizzard u know perfectly what can be boted and what not, u made every inch of this game
literally every mob every chest every location was many moths of lots and lots of peoples work
so u know what are the posibilities of every place of this game.Still u have to take this kind of messuraments to stop botters? I dont buy it. botters destroy economy only gold wise still we got real money and that can not be botted rigth?anyways botters will just buy more acc, and have their game creation limits cooled down. in the end who wins? ban the accc selling radiant stars at 13 euros those are the botters its not so hard to guess
people can still bot, just not as frequently as before

so game limit still fail
add captcha for crying out loud
Blizzard u know perfectly what can be boted and what not, u made every inch of this game
literally every mob every chest every location was many moths of lots and lots of peoples work
so u know what are the posibilities of every place of this game.Still u have to take this kind of messuraments to stop botters? I dont buy it. botters destroy economy only gold wise still we got real money and that can not be botted rigth?anyways botters will just buy more acc, and have their game creation limits cooled down. in the end who wins? ban the accc selling radiant stars at 13 euros those are the botters its not so hard to guess

Most of this stuff is copy and paste, hence bugs. They should know, but unfortunately they dont.
what is the limit please?
Did over 60 games to finish 5 achievement in 1 hour and didnt get kicked or anything, so its fine

Every game was lasting 1-3 mins
Hitting the limit constantly farming Sarkoth/Dank Cellar to get gold to gear my alt. Limit seems to kick in after 15-20 minutes. Runs take 30-50 seconds in gold find set. Waiting 1-2 minutes allows a new instance. Extremely annoying.
Just hoping blizz will not continue lowering the limit for max games/hour like they did with D2...

In Diablo II:LOD I would get temp bans all the time for manually running mephisto:(
10/08/2012 16:23Posted by Consider
If you encounter the "Input limit reached" message and feel you should not have, please let us know how many games you were creating and why.

I've experienced it while floating around on the character selection screen. Talked to a friend over Real ID. Browsed the AH. Got kicked with that, and was able to immediately log in again no problem.

This - Randomly. No games running.
I randomly got that while trying to view my character screen. I had not done anything in particular and was a tad curious why i got it in the first place.
15/08/2012 17:50Posted by Ankz

This - Randomly. No games running.

I must add my name to the list. It only appeared while afking in the AH, mildly chatting or other wise not flooding the servers with anything. Blizzard should put a "not" in front of their searches, it'll work way better. :/
I've been getting this error after having farmed Warrior's Rest all day in my full MF gear (guessing each game lasts an average of between 1.5 and 2 minutes from zone-in to logout). Been getting the error after roughly 8 hours (started noon, took some breaks etc, spent an hour after 8 playing Magic, got back and played maybe 10 runs when it started occurring, first couple items between runs where I was checking out Ah comparing items to some of my loot for price checks. This is exceedingly aggravating.

EDIT: Got in once. Make that 45 seconds per run (from loading screen finishes to logout completes. I got in, hydra, pop archona, nuke down, loot, zone, logout)
Also getting this error sometimes out of nowhere, sometimes while browsing the AH.
10/08/2012 16:23Posted by Consider

Same made a topic because this didn`t show in the search list.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5207770764
I had just gotten this message after I logged on, went to ah, then clicked on friends list. Retarded system.