[Build]Blazing Mirage - 1.0.5 gear setup up!(last page)

Wizard
Prev 1 16 17 18 21 Next
ah okay, unbuffed. yeah thats like damn expensive.
Do you have any other recommendations what i can change so that i can farm act 3?

Use cold blooded and remove Glass Cannon.

Also if you having troubles with ranged elites that run away form you, try this.

Diamond Blizzard - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5208453844

It may not look like much, but it is WAY better suited for people who have somewhat good gear, but not a superb one yet, therefore offering a very balanced playstyle that can deal with just about anything... and it is quite fast (not SUPER fast tho).
Alright people, I will have a 6.0 come out today! This will be a VEEEEERY high and VEEERY fast farm spec for people who have REALLY good gear (Like, those who generally use Archon and stuff and so on, think something like 800 unbuffed AR, 1.5+ AS, 15-20 APoC, 30%+crit).

And that is going to be it for this spec, because frankly... every rune is working at maximum efficiency in the new spec and there is pretty much nothing else to improve I can think of.

BUT! I will be releasing a whole melee wizard guide from 1-60 (and 1-4 inferno act, gearing and farming) with video, commentaries and guides! This guide will link together most of my builds together and offer a fluid walkthrough for the entire game for anyone interested in playing a melee wizard!
I'll try your Diamond Blizzard guide :)
But before i do - one question: could it also be the problem that i only have 9 apoc? I mean normally i feel like i can play totally fluid, still i am asking myself if there was any benefit from a second apoc source.
I'll try your Diamond Blizzard guide :)
But before i do - one question: could it also be the problem that i only have 9 apoc? I mean normally i feel like i can play totally fluid, still i am asking myself if there was any benefit from a second apoc source.

Yes that can be the case aswell. However 9 APoC should be enough for the spec you are about to try.
I decided first to test my old build with Stormchaser rune and found that its so awesome, i could now farm a3 finally. But still i will try your other spec tomorrow or later today.
12/09/2012 17:30Posted by mindnexus
I decided first to test my old build with Stormchaser rune and found that its so awesome, i could now farm a3 finally. But still i will try your other spec tomorrow or later today.

Wait wait... ALL of the builds use Storm Chaser, ALL of them. If you are using something else, then you didnt check the spec well enough!
i use a similar build... but no prismatic armor.. storm armor is so much better if u have enough resistances

also u can replace diamond skin for the last rune (the one with 210% dmg)

to me thats the most efficient farming build there is...

u tp from mob to mob so u dont even need good movement speed.. and if u have enough loh and dps u face roll everything...
i use a similar build... but no prismatic armor.. storm armor is so much better if u have enough resistances

also u can replace diamond skin for the last rune (the one with 210% dmg)

to me thats the most efficient farming build there is...

u tp from mob to mob so u dont even need good movement speed.. and if u have enough loh and dps u face roll everything...

No fair, you guessed the 6.0 build :(

Almost xD
Spec 6.0 OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5MjY9p_aA&feature=youtu.be

Wait wait... ALL of the builds use Storm Chaser, ALL of them. If you are using something else, then you didnt check the spec well enough!

Yes thats right. But i used a Wicked Wind Build before, which worked fine for a2 even post patch 104 so i decided to stick with it, but after i tested stormchaser i learned that its more awesome and finally makes it able to access a3

PS: your youtube video seems to be broken?
12/09/2012 19:24Posted by mindnexus
PS: your youtube video seems to be broken?

Works fine for me... has 23 views and 1 like so..... O_o..
Yeah come on. your recommendations for Act 3 Faceroll: 820+ AR, 7.2+K ARM, 26+K DPS, 28-30+K HP are a total joke. You can achive these stats with like 15m investment and its not even close to the stats needed.
I'm still facing harsh problems farming Act 3 with 800+ AR, 6,5k ARM, 56k (48k) DPS and 30k+ HP.
Exploding Suicide bombers get on my nerves and Ranged Mobs + the Flying ones are also like INSTA DEATH

I achieved facerolling A3-4 spending 10m. May look at my gear if you like to nothing changed since then except for the belt.

Btw Elvanos. I baught that belt and ever since then I found it possible to farm decently w/o shield but an orb. I only take it sometimes for harsh harsh beasts :>
And I'd like to ask you how I could prob. improve my dmg further. Got 20m to spend. Any suggestions?
guys where do u actually farm with this spec ? i can solo every elite pack but srsly cannot kill azmodan without wiping 10 times...
13/09/2012 02:33Posted by grifind
guys where do u actually farm with this spec ? i can solo every elite pack but srsly cannot kill azmodan without wiping 10 times...

Your ress is low... I can kill him by standing inside his pools untill he drops dead.
Using a build similar to this( version 6.0 ) you can check my profile for details. In my opinion if you are using top end gear(which means 25 to 30 apoc and 45+ crit chance) you do not need astral presence(swap with evocation for dps increase ) and as for explosive blast rune i prefer obliterate. I have used chain reaction for a LONG time, and obliterate hands down owns chain reaction and it is not even close. Reason ? The elites that delay you are the ranged ones that run away from you when u fail to land a nice frost nova, ranged elites with fire chains molten arcane etc spamming stuff next to them. Obliterate allows you to stay a bit more away from them and kill them safely.Positioning is important as a melee mage and obliterate makes it easier to get a nice position on the harder packs. Also because of increased radius = more white mobs end up dead= more exp /hour. The downside is the reduced coefficient proc of obliterate which however does not create problems because of evocation rune + sick coefficient proc of stormchaser. As for the reduced damage of obliterate rune vs chain reaction, imo the 50% extra radius more than makes up for it.
Add a stone of jordan 25% + with bonus crit on energy twister and watch as elites with 1.4 M hps drop in 1-2 seconds. Stone of jordan btw is the most UNDERATED item EVER.
With my gear and only 12% movement speed bonus( how sick will it be with lacuni? ) i managed to consistenly make full act 3 elite runs in 35-40 mins tops. Best run was 48 elites in 35 minutes i believe.
incredible build. SInce D3 release i hated the fact that tele was so bad (compared to D2) and this build uses teleport so well.
Being able to tele onto the mobs that reurrect the other ones freeze and blow them up and then tele again is just incredible.

Can you check my gear please. I have 5million gold and about 25-30million worth tied up in AH items atm. What items should be i be upgrading? what stats should i be looking to increase?
i survive pretty well as i use the armou that gives more all resis so i had over 1k when its active, but only 30k dps and i seem to run out of arcane power alot, even though i use enchantress and have 43% crit chance
Using a build similar to this( version 6.0 ) you can check my profile for details. In my opinion if you are using top end gear(which means 25 to 30 apoc and 45+ crit chance) you do not need astral presence(swap with evocation for dps increase ) and as for explosive blast rune i prefer obliterate. I have used chain reaction for a LONG time, and obliterate hands down owns chain reaction and it is not even close. Reason ? The elites that delay you are the ranged ones that run away from you when u fail to land a nice frost nova, ranged elites with fire chains molten arcane etc spamming stuff next to them. Obliterate allows you to stay a bit more away from them and kill them safely.Positioning is important as a melee mage and obliterate makes it easier to get a nice position on the harder packs. Also because of increased radius = more white mobs end up dead= more exp /hour. The downside is the reduced coefficient proc of obliterate which however does not create problems because of evocation rune + sick coefficient proc of stormchaser. As for the reduced damage of obliterate rune vs chain reaction, imo the 50% extra radius more than makes up for it.
Add a stone of jordan 25% + with bonus crit on energy twister and watch as elites with 1.4 M hps drop in 1-2 seconds. Stone of jordan btw is the most UNDERATED item EVER.
With my gear and only 12% movement speed bonus( how sick will it be with lacuni? ) i managed to consistenly make full act 3 elite runs in 35-40 mins tops. Best run was 48 elites in 35 minutes i believe.

I will be releasing one more version for people with THE best gear it seems lol... but I am sure that will be IT this time xD
Hello Elvanos!

I just got back to playing after quitting a couple of months back. As you can see my gear is very outdated, though I did play with a melee spec already back then!

My question is, what would be best to sink money into with the gear I'm having? Should I try to update all of it slowly, or put a lot of money into a weapon or so? Got about 13 million laying around.

Awesome thread, thanks!
u can also change teleport wormhole to the last rune.. 210% dmg .. if u have large dps its sick :)

and with that change basically every spell u cast does potential dmg... ;)
Hello Elvanos!

I just got back to playing after quitting a couple of months back. As you can see my gear is very outdated, though I did play with a melee spec already back then!

My question is, what would be best to sink money into with the gear I'm having? Should I try to update all of it slowly, or put a lot of money into a weapon or so? Got about 13 million laying around.

Awesome thread, thanks!

Well mate your gear is pretty damn good, but perhaps you could drop a bit of the HP and grab more int/AS/Crit/Crit dmg? You know.. more damage overally. You have nice defense stats but crap offense stats.

I would start with helm by getting one with Crit (if any is there). A better shield (you can get a very good one for 1-2 mil with AR/ctir/int). And then maybe the ring (second one is good) and maybe the ammy as it has ridiculous amounts of vit, but not much else.

Overally.. too much vit, too low DPS :P