I just played Path of Exile for 5 minutes...

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 25 Next
If you had the choice between owning 1,300 pieces of !@#$ or 50 cookies what would you choose?
no offense, but path of exile is not for noobs or people with a small brain. if u can't read through the passive skill tree, don't even bother to try it; not to mention the skill gems and support gems.
29/01/2013 11:24Posted by Nik00117
If you had the choice between owning 1,300 pieces of !@#$ or 50 cookies what would you choose?

Neither.

30/01/2013 04:56Posted by Kylian
no offense, but path of exile is not for noobs or people with a small brain. if u can't read through the passive skill tree, don't even bother to try it; not to mention the skill gems and support gems.

This makes me laugh so much. Nothing is overly complex in PoE. Nothing has or ever will be complex in any kind of Hack&Slay unless they change or redefine the genre fundamentally.
PoE will be just another mindless Hack&Slay with medicore graphics and craptastic animations.

PoE is way better then DIA 3. I would say PoE is the game we waited for (the Dia 2 players).
Blizzard should buy PoE delet Dia 3 and call it Dia 3 cause its more DIA then DIA 3 ever will be.
Every real DIA player will stop playing DIA 3 soon and Play PoE the rest can stay and play this dumb down piece of ......

I am a D2 and a D1 and a Titan Quest and Nox and Sacred and Divine Divinity player and PoE is definitely not the game I was waiting for. Not even close.
hahahaha its so funny looking at this thread again

PoE just !@#$s on D3's face

And whats the best ? the excuses are "bad graphics" and "retarded skill tree" thats prove how gaming comunity is going dumb.

I cant belive theres still people defending this thing "Diablo 3" even blizzard said they need to fix this game.

The only thing D3 is better than PoE is the graphics, but hey, thats the only thing that matter, right guys ??
Gotta love the fact some people are still childish or ignorant enough to confuse artwork (and implied artwork style) with quality of graphics.

Face it, you love the D3 artwork, and that's ok. I've seen 1080p footage from PoE and the graphics aren't even mediocre, not by a long shot. They're pretty decent actually, they just aren't flashy.

I'm not even gonna comment on the rest since it's pointless.

Please go back to playing your flashy ARPG that resembles Hello Kitty: Island Adventure more than it resembles it's predecessor.
Us true fans of what D2 (and LoD) really was, skill trees, sinergies and Horadric Cubing system will probably enjoy PoE for what it truly is: a far superior, and sometimes intellectual (aswell as challenging and rewarding), experience

He said all, have my like sir
100%, Path of Exile is closer to Diablo than Diablo 3 is. It's such a joke.

This coming from someone who has played D1, D2 (Religiously), WoW, D3.

Path of Exile is, and will be, superior to Diablo 3. It already has a larger player base :)
I waited 10 years for D3 and after only a few months of playing it I got sick of the lack of balance and end-game content. D2 is still, and will always be, my favorite game. On the flip side of the coin, D3 will always be my biggest gaming disappointment.

A friend introduced me to PoE and by the end of my first few hours of playing I was hooked. It is absolutely the game D3 should've been. Are the graphics as good as D3? By common definition, no. I, however, think they're great. The passive tree is enormous and fantastic because despite what class you play you can take them in literally any direction, the way D3 should've been. The currency system is odd at first but you later realize it also makes the game great. Unlike D3, you can take a crappy grey item and make it better than a legendary if the rng is in your favor. And with the map system, there is end-game that goes on and on.

I really loved D3 until I realized how unfinished it was despite 10 years of conception. They'll still try to fix it and I doubt anything will really be done about it until the next expansion. I have a feeling the expansion will only be another $60 let down.

Now I'm gonna go level my Witch. Have fun farming 500 million gold to buy a single piece of gear.
Again, gonna say this: Diablo 3 is not a bad game. Path of Exile is not a good game. But they ain't the opposite either. Understand that things aren't always black and white and stop with the PoE vs D3 topics already.
oh rly i will say why PoE better than D3
1. Skill tree and skill gems. I mean its very good and somehow remind about d2, i mean in d2 you can choose what skills you need, setup your own skill build, upgrading your stats and play. But in D3 it was abolished and converted in simple casual skill system and autostat gain, even 100 paragon levels not saved that. BUT in PoE you can do your own passive skill and skill build.
2. Multi-currency system(orbs) and their usage. Yes in PoE there orb what can upgrade items in defferent ways for example in PoE grey item can be upgraded to legendary with orb of chance(chance very small) or to magic with orb of transmutation or in rare with orb of alchemy etc. BUT in D3 you must FARM FARM FARM and 95% or rare items dropped for you - !@#$, even legendary items can be awful and you CANT change it.
3. Free To Play without donation what affect on gameplay AND promised 10 acts in future AND map scrolls with random locations we have now.

When i waited D3 i hoped it will be so cool and endless sandbox with PvP but i even not reached max paragon level coz it so booooring to farm the same again and again.
D3 like a casual-hardcore game with luck roulette.

ye and dont listen topic starter i can say hes rly wrong with his decision. Coz he have 1 level character in d3.
Ye and that game really needs you to use your head but nowadays most gamers dont wanna use some -_-'
30/01/2013 08:51Posted by Kattastrof
I am a D2 and a D1 and a Titan Quest and Nox and Sacred and Divine Divinity player and PoE is definitely not the game I was waiting for. Not even close.

I am a player of games you called too, and for me Path of Exile is definitely what I've been looking for. Let me ask you a question: is Diablo 3 the game you were looking for?
POE is BETTER than D3
Ignore the guy who started the thread cause this game is everything that Diablo 3 could have been and at first I was sure it would be a lame rip off like LoL is to the original DotA, but It blew my mind. This game is so deep and intense that they didnt have time to make it look shiny, so it would appeal to the "casual" gamers who only play the game on saturdays.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT just read the comments of the few people who know about it and see it for yourselves.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/01/playing-path-of-exile-on-cruel-difficulty

Graphics arent everything, we learned that from pokemon and mario.
clearly anyone posting in here bashing poe is completely void of skill. sorry there isnt some 30 point cookie cutter instawin builds. some games are designed around using your head and using skill.
So last weekend i wanted to check that crapy looking game called POE.After 3 days of playing it nonstop:D I think its really good , talent tree is huge , you need to plan and calculate everything, no more quest arrows, drops are good, after d3 finally im progressing with each new level or drop from monsters,skill gems again similar to talent tree you have to think and plan to level it or not :) Cons are : Small variety of monsters, main maps are boring. Dungeons are fantastic btw. Poe has a lot of potential to be best RPG game of the year IMHO, they just need to add 1 more act or few endless dungeons, new monsters because monkeys starting to piss me off.
Oh and i heard you losing EXP for dying in later game levels , something like 7 and 15% exp loss.Thats good one
05/02/2013 08:50Posted by Stogarauna
So last weekend i wanted to check that crapy looking game called POE.After 3 days of playing it nonstop:D I think its really good , talent tree is huge , you need to plan and calculate everything, no more quest arrows, drops are good, after d3 finally im progressing with each new level or drop from monsters,skill gems again similar to talent tree you have to think and plan to level it or not :) Cons are : Small variety of monsters, main maps are boring. Dungeons are fantastic btw. Poe has a lot of potential to be best RPG game of the year IMHO, they just need to add 1 more act or few endless dungeons, new monsters because monkeys starting to piss me off.

GGG are planning to improve combat mechanics and monster variety. More acts will be added, 10 are planned and there are end game random maps to be found from act2 meciless onwards. Some of the maps can get a little tiresome, I agree there but also its a test, some of the map sizes on act 3 border on insanity! Still though that unforgiving nature in games brings me back to times of past, love it.
05/02/2013 08:56Posted by Stogarauna
Oh and i heard you losing EXP for dying in later game levels , something like 7 and 15% exp loss.Thats good one

You must be new here. Go play D2 and tell me what happens when you die on higher difficulties.

Makes the game that much more challenging and that's pretty much what gaming is about.
05/02/2013 08:50Posted by Stogarauna
Small variety of monsters

Oh, but I definetely said at some point "Omg there are too many types of monsters here" Maybe it just feels this way...

What I really like about the game is, farming IS rewarding. Taking a second to destroy the urns is rewarding, killing every single mob is rewarding. There can be a chaos orb there somewhere or some unique.
do not waste time on this.. its already dead game and has less players then d3...
Path of Exile is miles better then D3 and it's made by a indie company with like 18 people and it's free to play. The only thing d3 had over PoE is the animations., even the grafics in poe is imo better since realistic and gritty style beats cartoony gfx, diablo 3's is very good but i like the gritty look more.

PoE is challenging where d3 is easy as f#ck
There is tons more choice in poe regarding character customisation with gems and huge passive tree, how many barbs in d3 is there thats not ww?

PoE had pvp even in closed beta how long did it take for d3 to release it? and what did we get simple dueling and not the arena based pvp we where promised.

PoE is still in beta and will only improve.

I had fun for a few month with d3 but it gets really booring real fast. Still have hopes though for D3, more content and a few expansions and the game will be awesome im sure.

And to the ones thats was saying that blizz is original and never copied anything from other licenses, both wow and starcraft borrowed alot from Warhammer, wow = warhammer fantasy and starcraft = Warhammer 40K. But now they are two completly diffrent series, and they are all very good, im a huge Warhammer nerd though but i do love blizzards ip's to.