Nerf barb please or buff all other classes

General Discussion
Lets just stop for a moment and stop letting emotions talk.

I'm a barbarian myself and I support this class and all my brother barbarians out there against the tyranny of Blizz... but I can see this isn't right.

There is no barbarian in the world that can't see that WW build is overpowered, no other build in this game is remotely close in power.

Nobody likes to see their builds nerfed, but in this case its just too evident, and the paragon leveling just made the problem stand out even more.

Yes, they should start by buffing other classes a little bit, but even after that Blizz needs to tone down the WW build a little bit.
Not really bleash - only wd, wiz and monk need buffs to their mobility skills.

Wd for example has only spirit walk and horrify/stalker with loltastic 20% move speed bonus for 4s on 15 and 16s cooldown.
Wiz has teleport that isnt teleport (on 16s cooldown) and even more loltastic scramble with 25% movement bonus for 3s - after being hit.
Monk has it slightly better with +25% tempest rush and +10% fleet footed, but still cant match 60% of barb and dh.

Give monk, wd and wiz reliable mobility skills and problem is solved. Or cap movement speed at 50%.
@Šupiluliumaš

I understand what you are saying about the mobility disadvantages of some of the other classes but that not the only problem.

To me what makes the WW build amazing and gives this impression of barbarians being overpowered is the WotB skill with the Thrive on Chaos rune.

Its just wrong to be able to keep WotB up for so long that you can clear hole areas with it.
Champion pack affixes loose all difficulty and interest because we are immune to them.
This is where they need to tweak.

This is my opinion, and I know everyone else's opinion is as valid as mine.

I'm just trying to make other fellow barbarians consider the chance that this might be more fair, even if it's not more fun.
I dont think that wotb is an issue Bleash. At gear level that allows you to keep it up most of the time (in some areas and with ignoring most of the loot), there are no enemies that pose a problem anyway as most elite packs are dead in 5-10s.
Ok.. check this history and when he is streaming..
Too bad he didnt put so much time in as alka, would be deffo nr1
http://en.twitch.tv/mrkoven
NERF WIZARDZ KEKE

Seriously..anyone saying nerf Barb's needs to watch this !!! Elites are dying SO fast!!
Put this person in the same levels that Alk was rushing for xp and I doubt there would be any difference in speed.
QUE Q Q
Funny thing was at the start of D3 from blizzard own statics all classes were 18-25% represented. Now its mostly barbs then some dh/wiz/monks yeah wd still very very low.

I understand what you are saying about the mobility disadvantages of some of the other classes but that not the only problem.

To me what makes the WW build amazing and gives this impression of barbarians being overpowered is the WotB skill with the Thrive on Chaos rune.

Its just wrong to be able to keep WotB up for so long that you can clear hole areas with it.
Champion pack affixes loose all difficulty and interest because we are immune to them.

This is my opinion, and I know everyone else's opinion is as valid as mine.

I'm just trying to make other fellow barbarians consider the chance that this might be more fair, even if it's not more fun.

You got exactly the point what all other classes is the thrive on chaos, ss is nerfed for a reason, shadow power is costly, archavon form makes you weak in wiz yet barb have archavon form damage + SS immunity in one skill 24/7, sounds fair isn`t....
Lets just stop for a moment and stop letting emotions talk.

I'm a barbarian myself and I support this class and all my brother barbarians out there against the tyranny of Blizz... but I can see this isn't right.

There is no barbarian in the world that can't see that WW build is overpowered, no other build in this game is remotely close in power.

Nobody likes to see their builds nerfed, but in this case its just too evident, and the paragon leveling just made the problem stand out even more.

Yes, they should start by buffing other classes a little bit, but even after that Blizz needs to tone down the WW build a little bit.

A honest barb. ty for the sentence blizzard needs to buff the others, most barb say don`t chnage anything or nerf the other again...

13/09/2012 08:09Posted by Nooblar
PS I finished the game with a tanking barb and only after that did i discover the all mighty WW Barb and it has brought back so much fun into this game for me,

I finishe dthe game with a tank and active movement (nt etc) dh (not the kite kite kite builds) dh which were both nerfed for me to useless. Then i had to take a kite build and stopped playing my dh, toc build > fun again. But its oke for the barbs to have their fun build (ww) but for every other class the fun builds can be nerfed to dead? Yeah i can go to endlessy kiting again on dh spammin only ball of lightning again ty for the diversty blizzard!
WoW noobs go back to WoW please. Thanks.
to be honest i dont think ww is that badly overpowered as people make out, and bear in mind barbs only have to compete with other barbs for strength gear rather than two other classes

i can see them nerfing thrive on chaos though, just by removing the permanet 40%movement speed would slow us down a bit but not break the class ( you gota admit wotb seems more intended to be a panic button/nuke anyways)
although i dont see why people get so worked up in a non-competetive enviroment, more effecient farming just makes gear cheaper and cheaper for everybody...

and i have a suspition ww is going to blow in pvp anyways, (unable to keep thrive on chaos up, tornadoes are rather easy to spot/dodge, a shield with high block% will cause dps to drop like a rock...)
13/09/2012 13:11Posted by michael
i can see them nerfing thrive on chaos though, just by removing the permanet 40%movement speed

How would it solve anything?
Barb would be at 64% movement speed, but wiz/wd/monk would stay behind with 24%/44%/59%.

And of course dh would suddenly happen to be the fastest farming class (not that its really slower than barb atm) with 84% move speed and all whining would start again....
If you examine the difference between a barbarian and a demon hunter you'll find that they're both exceptionally strong but in different areas. Demon Hunters have high DPS and low survivability where-as Barbarians have low DPS and high survivability. If you wanted to play a class that can one-shot most things and in turn get one-shot by most things then you roll a Demon Hunter, while if you wanted to be able to run face first into a pack of mobs and survive until the end of the fight you'd roll a Barbarian. No class is OP or UP at the moment for two main reasons; they're all adept in what they're supposed to do best, and there's no PvP to legitimise any sort of complaint along the lines of 'Nerf them, buff me', because there is absolutely zero, zilch, nil, nada, competition between classes.

Which if you think about it, reduces the effectiveness of 'balancing' classes and crowd-control, etc, to a mere 'we're doing this in an attempt to distract you from the real issue that we've made absolutely zero, zilch, nil, nada, progress on the one feature that everyone is dying to see.
This is a test post following from my one above to see if the issue with me posting is limited to my Diablo III account -.-
-

Edit: Which it wasn't. How very odd.
13/09/2012 13:31Posted by Šupiluliumaš
i can see them nerfing thrive on chaos though, just by removing the permanet 40%movement speed

How would it solve anything?
Barb would be at 64% movement speed, but wiz/wd/monk would stay behind with 24%/44%/59%.

And of course dh would suddenly happen to be the fastest farming class (not that its really slower than barb atm) with 84% move speed and all whining would start again....

Nerfing the movement speed on Thrive on Chaos is not the solution, anyway. The main issues with WOTB-TOC is that you're able to keep 100% uptime on:

CC Immunity (disregarding Jailer, Knockback, Frozen, Vortex affixes).
Gain incredible damage (both IAS and crit, and indirectly making your LOH or Lifesteal work better due to more hits and more damage = better health regen and more survivability).
A giant EHP boost through 20% dodge (essentially, it's basicly 20% damage reduc).

Along with the speedboost. The speedboost isn't the issue here - it's the godlike immortality that follows with it. The only thing the speedboost does is ENABLING you to keep it up, due to less downtime between mobs = more fury = uptime.

Compare this to any other class, and you won't even get close to finding buffs of these proportions. A DH's longest cooldown is our Rain of Vengeance, which is a passive damage source that hits things around us for 12 secs, on a 30 sec cd. It's comparable to the damage portion of WOTB. We have a CC-immunity that lasts for 1.5 secs (1 mob swing), that we can use every 14 seconds, after our disc is used up. Assuming we haven't gone out and spent 200M on a legacy-natalya set, of course.
A monk has their CC-breaker+immortality cooldown on a 20% uptime, and their DPS cd on 30 seconds (and thats just a big burst of DPS).

What would solve all this, is setting a cap on the WOTB-extend. 15 seconds extension, for example - it'd still be the strongest of all the glyphs aviable, without being as insane as it currently is. 33% uptime (with the passive) on the buff is not bad at all, compared to every other class.
After levelling 3 characters to 60, I have decided Barbarian is the class for me. It is now my "main".

Having said that...

Barbarian is quite obviously rather ridiculously OP. I don't just mean WW, I mean the entire class. OP, OP, OP, absolutely no doubt. 5 days after I dinged 60, and dressed in less than 2 million worth of gear, my Barb has facerolled up to killing Asmodan, and with next to no deaths on the way. This was a total joke compared to doing the same with my other chars (Wiz and DH) which are much much harder to use and more skill-intensive.

However, my opinion is that the Barb must NOT be nerfed. The game NEEDS an easy mode. A class that just about anyone can nail Diablo with (I expect to kill him within a day or two), that takes little to no skill (I suck at this game), and without having to spend much cash on gear either.
I'm a barbarian and I said this earlier...

I said it should be looked at by Blizz because, in my opinion, is a little bit unfair.

But then Grimwaldo posted this...

http://en.twitch.tv/mrkoven

Which allowed me to see in action one wizard build that I had only heard about.

So, I must also point that the Frost Nova-Critical Mass combo is overpowered for a Wizard.
The ability to freeze elite packs indefinitely is, in my opinion, not less unfair than what we all can see is a problem with the Barbarian class.
If you examine the difference between a barbarian and a demon hunter you'll find that they're both exceptionally strong but in different areas. Demon Hunters have high but sporadic due to kiting DPS and low survivability where-as Barbarians have very high and constant DPS and high survivability

Fixed for you.
So, I must also point that the Frost Nova-Critical Mass combo is overpowered for a Wizard.The ability to freeze elite packs indefinitely is, in my opinion, not less unfair than what we all can see is a problem with the Barbarian class.

The Wizard build is broken yes but it delivers a lot LESS damage than WW Barb.
13/09/2012 13:57Posted by Draco
We have a CC-immunity that lasts for 1.5 secs (1 mob swing), that we can use every 14 seconds

Holy batman, you are lying like rug... Well, this is pointless as long as people keep posting nonsense like this butthurt dh player.