Diablo 3 - A Failure of Biblical Proportions (Part-3)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Hey, call me what you want, words do not hurt anyone, but I suppose for some empty crybaby that might be difficult to comprehend...
13/09/2012 09:02Posted by HellOnEarth
Hey, call me what you want, words do not hurt anyone, but I suppose for some empty crybaby that might be difficult to comprehend...

That's the word I sought after to describe the OP.

TY.
There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of gaming and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost gamers. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and fuuuurious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy diablo. And you will know my name is Azazel when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
13/09/2012 08:48Posted by Azazel
Grow up son.

Says the (supposedly) 57 year old who acts like a mildly retarded child, and spends his time on forums :)

I thought exactly the same thing.

57 years old, biologically, 12 mentally.

I have had 3 legendary drops recently, in Act II of Inferno.

All ilvl 52-55.

Wtf is the point of that?

Really have got to the point where I am just bored now.

In the last 4 days I think I have played a grand total of about an hour.

I log in, play for twenty minutes, pick up an inventory full of rubbish and think, what is the point? and then log out bored and frustrated.

You know they say doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a sure sign of madness, and given some of the replies from the fanbois on this website, I am inclined to believe that there is more than a little insanity amongst the players of this game.
OP i'm totally with you on this point.

Diablo 3 is pretty unrewarding.

You litterally have to either

• grind for 500 hrs to get the gold to upgrade with

• or

• Win the item lottery

• Luckily for me, after about 300 hrs of play i have won the item lottery a couple of times. (by this i mean a couple of 50m legendary pieces)

The thing is, i think everyone should win the lottery a couple of times in 300 hrs, but its the regular loot that lets us down.

Theres no useful, but regular items like (war travelers, shako, gaze, raven frost, razortail...etc)

So its either win the lottery, or eat dirty chips off the floor outside the fish and chip shop.

unfortunately most peopl ehave to eat the dirty chips, and its P!ssing people off...

BLIZZARD! Even out the drop rate a little guys! Comeon!
    So true, i see people with over 40k elite kills and all i can think of is that they must be either completely mad, or just masochists. Playing diablo is like literally torturing yourself to death.

At this point i'd rather be tied to a chair and tortured with hot iron for 20 years, than play diablo for 5 minutes.

Says the (supposedly) 57 year old who acts like a mildly retarded child, and spends his time on forums :)

II guess it is the spoiled generation that talks.

Tx for the personal insults btw. My university degree at the VUB and my old network manager job says Hi !

I like the extreme grind and play it as such.

I said it earlier: I used to put coins into arcade machines (even back in the 70's), now I make coins by playing a video game at home.

After having played a few thousand of those video duds, I like D3.

A pity I wasted my time on non Blizzard products during 30 years.

Stop whining and enjoy games you like.
    This must be the longest attention seeking thread yet. You are bored with this game, but can't move on. What can this community do about it? Nothing. Just let it go and take the little piece of dignity left with you.
    There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of gaming and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost gamers. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and fuuuurious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy diablo. And you will know my name is Azazel when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Complete nuts as I thought.
    So true, i see people with over 40k elite kills and all i can think of is that they must be either completely mad, or just masochists. Playing diablo is like literally torturing yourself to death.

At this point i'd rather be tied to a chair and tortured with hot iron for 20 years, than play diablo for 5 minutes.

And you played this game because you expected...? Either you are just dumb or extremely butthurt.
    13/09/2012 09:21Posted by Azazel

Look over your shoulders. Do you see any armed guards there. Do a headcount. First thing you got to do is get rid of the cuffs. Try to find if there is a hairpin or paperclip on your desk. Wait till the guards come to torture you, then suprise one by trowing the computer at them. The other one by shoving the paperclip in his neck. If there still are any gurads at the entrane use guard B as shield while you disarm him and shoot the other ones.

Right now they will problebly fill the room with gas. Luckily you played diablo 3 so you can withstand this torture.

Now you got 2 options either place a c4 in a wall but have a chance of alerting more armed guards and try to go for the door. Just be carefull of the laserfield keeping you with the room in diablo. Once you are out this room run, run. And hope you find the saviour of RPG's (it might be comming 20sept). I know diablo 3 has changed the world but we as people must go on. I hope you can after all you been through. Salute
    I enjoy watching things burn...its so soothing

Flaming D3 is just as enjoyable.
    (it might be comming 20sept)

Are you talking about torchlight 2 ?

I enjoy watching things burn...its so soothing

Flaming D3 is just as enjoyable.

lol this is so true, i love watching things burn too :)
    game has gotten kinda pointless. I mean before many drops were OK, now most drops are trash (AH full of awesome items for 20k gold). Before it was a srtuggle at Act3 and there was a point to improving my characters.

Now Act3 is piss easy, rares are just worthless spam, NV is kinda pointless *grind for months and get your chance to find a legendary increased to 0.00000000003%*

PvP is the last chance for D3 to become any good of a game and if devs fail the PvP the game can be thrown in a dump. I played D2 for many years and 90% of my playtime was PvP. Maybe it will also revive this economy and awesome items will stop being sold for nothing on AH.
    13/09/2012 10:01Posted by Azazel
    lol this is so true, i love watching things burn too :)

http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/SomeMenJustWantToWatchTheWorldBurn-69208.jpg
    Why does it not surprise me that you are that kind of person....?^^
    13/09/2012 08:48Posted by Azazel
    Grow up son.

hahaha good one Azazel

13/09/2012 08:58Posted by Azazel
    The Fanboys Strike Again !

I bet they are Apple fanboys too :D
    13/09/2012 10:09Posted by HellOnEarth
    Why does it not surprise me that you are that kind of person....?^^

Well because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just wanna watch the world burn!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/140/1/c/Joker_Wallpaper_by_monkeys_on_toast.jpg
    OP, sadly you are not alone. I don't care on what blizz blames the failure of this game. But it's been released for 3 months now and they haven't really addressed the most important part of the game : the fat loot. That simply makes me thing there is no hope for this game anymore.

Seems to me you all should be glad to spend 400-500 hours on a game for 60 bucks.
    It is very rare you get so much gametime for your money's worth.

Also, this is diablo.
    Things dont come easily.
    You think in the first year of d2 anyone who spend 400h on it got all the top end gear?

Spoiled little brats.

Well, there is also the impression a game leaves behind. I stayed so much because i struggled to see the content i payed for. Totally true about my 600 hours. But if i leave now i will say : i never seen the model of a set item. In fact i seen 3 armor models the whole time and played the same map countless times. Minesweeper is a simple game and i do not expect it to change, but they promised us random maps in diablo.
    OP, sadly you are not alone. I don't care on what blizz blames the failure of this game. But it's been released for 3 months now and they haven't really addressed the most important part of the game : the fat loot. That simply makes me thing there is no hope for this game anymore.

Seems to me you all should be glad to spend 400-500 hours on a game for 60 bucks.
    It is very rare you get so much gametime for your money's worth.

Also, this is diablo.
    Things dont come easily.
    You think in the first year of d2 anyone who spend 400h on it got all the top end gear?

Spoiled little brats.

Well, there is also the impression a game leaves behind. I stayed so much because i struggled to see the content i payed for. Totally true about my 600 hours. But if i leave now i will say : i never seen the model of a set item. In fact i seen 3 armor models the whole time and played the same map countless times. Minesweeper is a simple game and i do not expect it to change, but they promised us random maps in diablo.

The moment you don't enjoy trashing mobs, you should leave Diablo 3 indeed.

But seriously ... 600 hours played in what , 3 months ?

That's 6 hours + per day. Every day.

Go have a walk in the park please. This game can be played for 3 years in a row, but not for 6 hours per day.

I would say a very good way to play it is like 1-2 hours per day or just around 1 Act per day.

Try to play any game for 6 hours straight at 3-4 months ... Not good.
    Man Azazal your so unlucky! if i were you, id install this game RIGHT now and never ever post on the forums again!