Seriously why do people watch Streams?

General Discussion
I never get why people watch online streams of D3.

It is boring as hell, waste of time and if you got time to watch a stream just play.
Peoples ultimate goal is to try and attention seek from them, it never worked but they still believe it does.
Why do people post in the forums to bash on something they don't understand?
I don't know... I guess everyone likes different things ;)

Anyway I personally enjoy watching streams of exceptional players or just fun ones where I can talk to people about the game I play. Also... giveaways!
I never get why people watch online streams of D3.

It is boring as hell, waste of time and if you got time to watch a stream just play.

That depends on who's stream you're watching.
I enjoy watching Nugiyen, LastHopeForRaoha and Athene when i'm too tired to play the game myself, or just want to see how other players are playing the classes.

Why do people post in the forums to bash on something they don't understand?
I don't know... I guess everyone likes different things ;)

Anyway I personally enjoy watching streams of exceptional players or just fun ones where I can talk to people about the game I play. Also... giveaways!

Couldn't agree more, no reason to start a thread about it. If you don't like it then don't watch them, simple as that :)
You two need to find a better hobby than watching other people grinding D3.
why people watch soccer? or any other sports?

such a stupid thread.
and no, i dont watch streams.
at work to kill some time?

it depends on the stream too, kripps hardcore thing was extremly entertaining

such a stupid thread.

hahahaha comparing soccer tto watching online games -.- so stupid

such a stupid thread.

22 people kicking a round leather sack into a net, so entertaining!

Better than watching pixels changing colour mate

In what way? Also, people have more than 1 monitor

you remind me of a 10 years old kid..

"what i like, all will like, what i dotn like, none will"

im god, everyone will do what i want.
Streams are not so much about content than they are about the personality of the streamer. I´m a huge Destiny fan because he is an interesting person and goes out of his way to be approachable. So far he´s responded to most of my e-mails too. :P - also the community surrounding the streamer is very important, you know, the chat bar on the side. If you don´t understand why someone would watch someone play video games, you just haven´t found a streamer who´s interesting for you yet.
06/10/2012 08:10Posted by JinAtonic

Dude you haven't even started playing the game yet, you have 1 character in lvl 0. Maybe you should play D3 yourself instead of making useless threads on the forum?
true, even for Starcraft streams are boring
06/10/2012 11:18Posted by Catalyst

Dude you haven't even started playing the game yet, you have 1 character in lvl 0. Maybe you should play D3 yourself instead of making useless threads on the forum?

lvl 0 is not possible.. try again.

Everyone has said it and i will repeat. Playing D3 foum is so much more fun than the craptastic game that is D3.
I checked some streams to have an idea of the content that I didn't have a chance to experience myself like 1.0.5 PTR uber bosses or when wizard got "god mode" bug I checked a stream just wanted to see if it's true. I never sit and watch people play for hours, you can play yourself instead :)
Well I have a stream going on why I am doing a solo farming session. Reason? I simply can not do grind the same content like a madman, I like to take a break after say Ghom so I will alt tab to a stream I have on, sometimes even do a run with a streamer which is quite fun.
Don't know.. when i was a little child, i loved to watch other people play games in the computer clubs and analyze that experience.
I only watch streams when I want to learn something, or to see how well a geared player can go through the content, to know what I can expect etc

Other than that yeah, its pointless