Macros for CM wizard

General Discussion
Im thinking of using a program called autohotkey to press the 1-3 keys for me so i don't destroy my hand while using the CM build. However since this is an external program I'm wondering if that would put me at risk of getting banned.

I do have an old G510 Logitech keyboard somewhere, would it be better to make a macro using the keyboard instead of using autohotkey? Any information would be helpful.
I think you'r risking of getting banned, since i readed somewhere, people we're banned for using Linux (= And it was forbidden to use macros to swap gear too
Afaik. Macro's are not allowed in D3
Ive read in some places that since its just spamming 1,2,3 for you and no other actions is not a ban offensive. I'm confused right now as to whether this is allowed or not now. I've also read of people using similar macros from their mouse/ keyboard and are completely fine.
-AFAIK, as long as the macro is not playing the game for you, you should be alright.
Really? You cant even push 4 buttons while running around in a game? Is the world become so lazy we need a system (macro) that will shorten something as menial as pushing 4 buttons in a game?

Pack up your hate fanbois and fat kids and think about this...
It is one thing to use macros in FPS games or games where your abilties and amount of combos can become overwhelming and rotations are timed or played situationally but Diablo 3.... left click, 1, 2, 3, 4 ---------- there is absolutley nothing else to do in this game.

macro...4 button..../facepalm
you cannot get banned for AHK.... blizzard has no way of telling you hit keys with AHK or yourself.... they cannot ban you because you have the program installed.

In this case a G series mouse/keyboard of MS also should be banned :\ what a non-sense question
Prod is in fact correct, it is an external macro concerning your keyboard and not the game but my point still stands... 4 keys.....really?
25/10/2012 00:16Posted by Ferelith
really?

-I like to have some keys assigned to my mouse.

Swapping weapons manually also becomes pretty repetitive - not that I need it anymore.
Really? You cant even push 4 buttons while running around in a game? Is the world become so lazy we need a system (macro) that will shorten something as menial as pushing 4 buttons in a game?

Pack up your hate fanbois and fat kids and think about this...
It is one thing to use macros in FPS games or games where your abilties and amount of combos can become overwhelming and rotations are timed or played situationally but Diablo 3.... left click, 1, 2, 3, 4 ---------- there is absolutley nothing else to do in this game.

macro...4 button..../facepalm

This does not concern regular "use several abilities" builds :p

The CM Wizard build can put a strain on your hand during longer sessions because it's extremely monotonous. While taking a 15 second break now and again to flex your hand might fix this issue, we are gamers for petes sake, we don't take breaks!!! *raises shaking, bone-like fist*

Cheers!

/A Handsome Bear
Yea the CM build cripples my hand after about 30 seconds... I'll keep with my run away while occasionally right clicking to cast blizzard build and that way I won't have carpal tunnel afore 30 hopefully.
Used the CM Build way before 1.03 in a 4 player coop game...group got to the butcher (everyone with very low dps)...fight starts, my 3 mates die within the first 20 seconds and i spammed the s*** out of 1-2-3-4 for the next maybe like 10 minutes or so... next day i wasn´t able to move my left handwrist more than half a centimeter in every direction.

It is a cruel and dangerous spec and i´d say go for the macro, don´t torture yourself!
CM Wizard is gonna destroy my hands if I don't use one soon..
Out of Subject, dude u need new gear for CMing. Can't CM like this.

You need the Chantodo Set with apoc on the force.

You obviously need the Tal Rasha's chest with ias.

And the witching hour of course

lacunis with CC wouldn't hurt.

You may wanna consider a Mempo with cc and ias.

Your build lacks extreme ias.

But hey! Guess what!

I downgraded all my gear, and put all the gear listed above at the RMAH for not much. You may wanna check there and buy this awesome gear.

And you won't have to push the keyboard keys so much anymore, with all the ias, high cc and apoc!

Your wallet may hurt a bit but your hands will rest a while dude.

think of it.