[Guide] Cheap Archon beginner

Wizard
Hi guys, as i see there are a lot of topics complaining about how to improve, how to become archon wizard and similar questions..
To make clear everything and help new wizards i decided to create this thread & offer for guys, who feeling more and more lazy to answer same questions just direct beginners to this topic.
What you need to become archon beginner?
- some money (less than 1m gold!)
- nothing more!

Items list you need to achieve ~70-75k buffed
(with scoundriel / sparkflint / force weapon):
(example how search on AH: item, input option1, input option2, etc.)
- amulet: 7+ critical chance, 50+ critical damage [ max buyout 50k ]
- rings (both similar): 3.5+ critical chance, 30+ critical damage, 50+ int [ max buyout 100k for each, so 200k here ]
- gloves: 7+ critical chance, 30+ critical damage, 100+ int, 50+ vit [ max buyout 50k ]
- bracers: lacuni: 50+ all res, int optional [ max buyout 100k ]
- belt: 80+ int, 70+ vit, 70+ all resistance [ max buyout 50k ]
- shoulders: 130+ int, 50+ vit, 60+ all resistance [ max buyout 100k ]
- helm: andariel visage with 160+ int, 9 attack speed and as low as you find fire damage taken, also check for pickup radius [ max buyout 40k ]
- chest armor: 140+ int, 50+ vit, 3 socket [ max buyout 100k ]
- pants: 50+ int, 150+ vit, 60+ all resistance, 2 socket [ max buyout 50k ]
- boots: 70+ int, 50+ vit, 60+ all resistance, 10+ movement speed [ max buyout 100k ]
- source: triumvirate (average damage 160+) [ max buyout 50k ]
- weapon: sword/wand/dagger: 860+ dps, 2.4+ life steal, 100+ int, vit (as high as you can find), 1 socket [ max buyout 100k ]

so in total your stats will be:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/189/screenshot182h.jpg
build:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VjmXSO!bgf!aacaZc
Video (somehow not working currently, just uploaded?):
http://youtu.be/J5qEuLJHZPg

More info about items: these items can have more additional stats, so take which have more int, more vit, additional elemental resistances (prefered physical resistance to make ranged attacks weaker, other resistances not so important as you melt everything before they reach you); rings & amulets preffered also with additional stats such as minimum damage, maximum damage, hp regeneration etc. Also when searching your armor pieces take which has more armor.

More info about build: as you can see it's almost classic build, you can change primary skill for shock pulse (living lightinig rune) / chain lightining (forked lightining rune), but it's quite nice with energy twister to reduce your cooldown if accidently your archon isnt ready before using. About evocation: if you feel okay on mp0 or mp1 with archon uptime, you can change this to +20AP (for more twisters spam), blur (more survivability), unstable anomaly (for "oh !@#$" moment)

Preffered farm route to maximize archon uptime: Alkaizer route (check on youtube)
^I approve of this post

Just a quick side note:
I wouldn't recommend doing the Alkaizer route blindly if you only have +10% movement speed and around 70k dps (buffed). You'll get forced out of Archon form way to often in some areas. I myself use Archon as my solo/farm spec (tho' my main spec is CM) and my experience is that doing:
Tower of the Damned lvl 1
Keep Depths lvl 2 (use waypoint for lvl 1; entrance to lvl 2 is right next to it)
Rakkis crossing (backwards)
Stonefort (only for keywarden if you are into that kind of shizzle)
...is way more effective XP-wise for me. But yeah, I'm not saying my run is optimal either - just think about which areas you have succes in and get a route you follow each and every time.
Dude you got 86x 3 int bonus + 86 x 2 vit bonus and 86x1 dex and str bonus.

That means you got 260 int more than a guy with paragon level 0. Its around 15k-20k dps or less.
17/11/2012 00:00Posted by Tyreal
Dude you got 86x 3 int bonus + 86 x 2 vit bonus and 86x1 dex and str bonus.

Yup i noticed i later, i just gave whole gear to friend's new wizard, he's got around 35k hp with 6 paragon level, 63k~ dmg buffed. Thats quite nice and not far away from me.
^I approve of this post
Just a quick side note:
I wouldn't recommend doing the Alkaizer route blindly if you only have +10% movement speed and around 70k dps (buffed). You'll get forced out of Archon form way to often in some areas.

Yep in video you can see i run out few times, but i think thats my fault and will be solved quite fast, going to upgrade my post and change bracers to lacuni, which improves a lot :) I got problem at core and tower damned 1 lvl, but it's optional, depends how much monsters will be here.. :/
:
Tower of the Damned lvl 1
Keep Depths lvl 2 (use waypoint for lvl 1; entrance to lvl 2 is right next to it)
Rakkis crossing (backwards)
Stonefort (only for keywarden if you are into that kind of shizzle)

Skycrown! You forgot skycrown! It's second best after keep2.
And arreat2 is still nice, if you can handle it.
i like
Haven't tried to farm with under 250k dps, but that was very doable and fast at mp4-5.

What mp did you try that gear with?
XxTan lol man I have not seen anyone with above 400k dps, I suppose you can farm mp 6-7 in archon
Haven't tried to farm with under 250k dps, but that was very doable and fast at mp4-5.
What mp did you try that gear with?

mp0 with this cheap budget :)
Preffered farm route to maximize archon uptime: Alkaizer route (check on youtube)

16/11/2012 22:34Posted by VuFFeR
I wouldn't recommend doing the Alkaizer route blindly if you only have +10% movement speed and around 70k dps (buffed).

Skycrown! You forgot skycrown! It's second best after keep2.
And arreat2 is still nice, if you can handle it.

If you are interested, someone actually tested the XP efficiency of the zones for archon.
You can find the thread here : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004695453

Have fun, see you in game :).
Thanks, man. I did something like that myself, but not that nerdy :) Doing the same run except of crater1. Surprised it's that good, have to try it.
Thanks for this guide, helped me to start farming mp0 with ease, a few deaths here and there to ranged/physical damage elites though.

Do you have a any suggestions on my gear spec as to how to progress to mp1/2? (talent spec on profile currently outdated, aswell as a new physical damage 1k dps MH)
Thanks for this guide, helped me to start farming mp0 with ease, a few deaths here and there to ranged/physical damage elites though.

Do you have a any suggestions on my gear spec as to how to progress to mp1/2? (talent spec on profile currently outdated, aswell as a new physical damage 1k dps MH)

Well i think you have too low resistances, as i see in some pieces of armor you didn't get it ;) But key for mp1/2 is just bigger damage, it wont be effective if you havent close to 100k dps, so for dps increase also need invest in better values of affixes on your current gear
Yeah, thanks I thought that was the case, moar AH lurking!

Also I was look at this yesterday and thought about taking MM over twister for CM proc's, it seems more viable?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgL5S3Revw9ddEhScEpSLWhnRDZKV25OaWZJcHdkN0E#gid=4
Yeah, thanks I thought that was the case, moar AH lurking!
Also I was look at this yesterday and thought about taking MM over twister for CM proc's, it seems more viable?

well twisters should work better than any primary skill, but if you have difficulties with AP while spamming it, so you can try electrocute + forked lightining rune, but personally i dont recommedn any of primary skils for CM proccing.. the main idea of archon build is to move as fast as you can, to keep up archon on.. you shoudnt have problems at keeps2, fields, arreat crater2, maybe only at core/damned if you turn on archon and there are no monsters around
When I notice the words of Archon and Alkaizer in the same thread I dissapoint that much. Alkaizer is designed for a 100% uptime sprint nobrainer, not for a archon wizz.
- Core of arreat literally sux. Sparse mobs.
- Tower level 1 sux. Sparse mobs. You may run half of the 'ring' and meet nothing.
- Fields os slaughter sux. Sparse mobs. Random encounters.

Keep depth level 1 - enough mobs to maintain archon or to recast it if you encounter 2-3 packs of elites in a row. 4 NV's and free NV from blacksmith's miniquest.

Keep depth level 2. Cake. If you end clearing it up with 40-50 secs of archon than go arreat crater level 2. You have enough archon uptime to kill elite pack near wp (if it spawns) or to find a big pack of spiders and rebuff-recast archon.

Rakkis crosing backwards. Cake.

Skycrown. Practise a bit and get used to mobs spawns/ambushes. Use big packs of 3+ shamans to pump your archon to whatever you like duration.
Everyone find their own good route, it's optional ;) I'm getting close to 100 paragon with alkaizer route and havent any problems, archon uptime 100%, rebuffing at every zone except core+damned with same archon buff.
Core more or less sucks, yes. But it's usually 2-3 stacks. If you don't have problems with phasebeasts (and why would you?), I don't see the point in not gettings stacks there.

Tower is fine, you can do it in one archon, if you have teleport.

Fields are actually very nice, but you are somewhat right, it's very hard to do with 100% archon uptime. The key is to get to fields after rakkis crossing, so you'll have close to 30 sec archon when entering fields. If there are still problems, you can omit the right half of fields and end at wp. With teleport and starting 30 sec it is easily doable.

Keep 1 sucks too, more than core.

BTW, original Alkazier route doesn't include rakkis and skycrown, if I remember well.