Improve the Wizard above~!

Wizard
Prev 1 159 160 161 210 Next
Hello fellow wizards,

I'd be very grateful for suggestions on improving my lightning-wizard, especially concerning replacements for that awful yellow amulet I haven't been able to get rid of yet xD Right now I'm pretty comfortable electrocuting my way through Torment 2.
@Vlad

Reroll Vyr for 2 sockets, stick 2 280 intelligent gems in there
You don't really need dex on your amulet, look for a better one
replace some of your legendarys with rares if it means more dps
@EroSennin

I would start with Grandeur ring and then with Aughilds authority - shoulder, bracer

Shoulder - int, vit, armor, %life/skill/AD
Bracer - int, vitality, crit, %elemental
@AlexWebster

Difficult to say. I would be tempted to change Black Hole to either Spellsteal or Event Horizon for extra arcane stack and to trigger arcane meteor from your Tal Set. On the other hand - you have a lot +fire stacked so, that is difficult.
@RoGeR

try to get RoRG ring for sets.

This can allow you to get maybe asheras + augs with 2 pieces while keeping others. Also will help you with firebird set when you get 3rd piece.

with boots maybe All Ress better then armor?
@RoGer

Guess its time for you too to get a Grandeur ring "drop form cache in act1" and get a better helm like an andariel visage.

you also lack toughness cuz you lack hp try to reroll you chest and shoulder and take vit and %hp in paragon if needed

Good luck and may the force be with you :)
28/04/2014 21:02Posted by Gambit
@RoGeR

try to get RoRG ring for sets.

This can allow you to get maybe asheras + augs with 2 pieces while keeping others. Also will help you with firebird set when you get 3rd piece.

with boots maybe All Ress better then armor?

Got already 3rd Firebird item (shoulders) but that RoRG avoids me :)

28/04/2014 21:08Posted by Infestedrock
@RoGer

Guess its time for you too to get a Grandeur ring "drop form cache in act1" and get a better helm like an andariel visage.

you also lack toughness cuz you lack hp try to reroll you chest and shoulder and take vit and %hp in paragon if needed

Good luck and may the force be with you :)

Thank you, but I have enough HP and mit to survive T5. I need more dmg although.

Btw - rate posters above me
28/04/2014 15:15Posted by MasterSwipe

@stop pt
1/ Vita or armor on ring is bad!!!
2/ need arcane damage on amulet & andariel for cap
3/ yellow gotta turn green or brown
4/ gloves need to be trifecta no vita there
5/ Improve gems
6/ Do u really enjoy archno that much its ure main skill? :)
7/ U will run out of AP at higher torment so get some signature spell here ! (Globes wont fall of so easy)

loosing vit or armor at this point means i'll die more doesnt it?
annd you say i should go for legendaries or set only?
trifecta is att speed, crit chance and crit damage right?

and archon is only there for some more complicated elites i only use the right mouse button most of the times
The poster above me have been rated :S
@Renegader

Nice fire spec. Nice gear overall. The only thing right now i would change is a SoJ for your leoric's and maybe aughild's shoulder and bracers.

Other than that, it looks really good.
@wrannec

Do I really need to make adjudgements to you? :P
29/04/2014 02:27Posted by Lonefire
@wrannec

Do I really need to make adjudgements to you? :P

Yes please :D

Still hunting for that SoJ with arcane damage, a wand of Woh, or an even better Thunderfury.
@wrannec

as stated above probably SoJ or another unity for follower xD
To be honest, idk what you could improve Gambit. But I would really love for someone to tell me some tricks :D Basic's :)
There's not much I can say about you goliath...
First of all, I would change elemental exposure with something like arcane dynamo as disintigrate takes full effect until you stop channeling and glass cannon with unwavering will as you will propably stand still for the duration gaining 10% damage and bonus to armor and resists.
Also, change archon for familiar with cannoneer rune and focus on getting more % arcane damage on your items.
@Lonefire

Pretty cool hydra setup there, very nice Serpent's.

I'd definitely look at dropping a bunch of Vit, roll crit on your helm for Vit. Get rid of the nagelring for a rare with some nice dps. If you have an ammy with int/cc/cd I'd use that over the current +arcane dmg, 90+CD will do alot more for you.

Try dropping your health to around 300k and picking up more arm/res to get you to around the same toughness and you'll find surviving easier. Happy farming :)
HotYeti profile does not work (the guy above me).

Mine:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gull-2948/hero/30488718
@Paperpriest

Yo ! Really nice firebuid wiz. I see you arent really using any AP use attack. If i were you i would aim for the Firebird offhand for the extra fireskilld dmg and go +set aughilde (shoulder and bracer) and ring of the Royal grandeur for 3 set. And use an AP spender

Overall really nice wiz
Not in a position to give you advice Flyby, really. Nice gear!

<<< But maybe someone wants to challenge my spec/gear? >>>
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tristan-2357/hero/36637932

Running an Arcane build mostly farming t1 rifts solo or doing t3 with a group of friends.
After my friends suggesting I've recently switched Arcane Torrent Cascade in from Disintegrate Chaos Nexus. Seems to do more damage and goes through walls but hits only targetted mobs.

Gear-wise: Tried to go with what I have. Not a hardcore player as you can see. Any no brainers I need to reroll or change? Any advice is welcome! /cheers Decima.