How to Make Inflated Legendries Market Shrink in 5 Min

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Highly Rated
There are 2 new crafting recipes suggested to developers:
  • 2 legendries with the same title = new legendary with the same title (new random roll).
  • 2 legendries with the same title = reroll 1 random prefix value on the first one. The prefix list remains unchanged.

[Added] The recipes should also have adjusted price in gold, tomes, essences and brimstones.

Second craft example:
Mempo of Twilight 71 All res, 8 As, 10 %Life, 175 int, 4 crit chance, 1 socket.
After crafting one randomly selected stat changes:
All res 71-80 or As 8-9% or Life% 10-12 or Int 170-200 or crit chance 3-6.
Socket can’t be changed as well as any legendary specific properties with fixed values.

Please request sticky if you like it.
Yes please.
Actually, that's one awesome idea!
Im just gonna jump in real quick aswell and give you a thumbs up! Easy solution to all the crap autobrimstones
Just awesome! Best idea i heared in a while.
make this a sticky ?
Once the PTR comes out, let's start supporting it in those forums. If you don't, I'll try to remember to post it in the US forums for you.
Realy good idea to get some of the stuff out of the game in a much more thrilling way than just selling it to a vendor.

+1 to that system, it can be used in so many ways here in D3

PS: "2 legendries of the same type" and "Legendary item + legendary item of the same type"
Aint those two alike though??

1. 2 legendries of the same type = new legendary of the same type.

+1, That's a great idea

If you track this guy's posts, you'll notice he wrote quite a few good suggestions. I'm pretty sure Blizzard will either skip this thread or ban him for something.
would be great

1. 2 legendries of the same type = new legendary of the same type.

+1, That's a great idea

If you track this guy's posts, you'll notice he wrote quite a few good suggestions. I'm pretty sure Blizzard will either skip this thread or ban him for something.

I lol'd xD
I suggested this 3 months ago. Came up with a system too.

In short, you put 3 same slot items and will get 1 item. Maybe return of the horadric cube. You can make a tiny gold sink out of that too. If you make it too big, people won't try it at all. If you make it cheaper, people will do it for hundreds of times.

This item will have x amount of affixes. X is biggest number of affixes between these 3 items.

New item will have 1 affix of each item (Imagine putting "IAS, CD,CC amulets there expecting getting a new ammy with 3in1) Ofcourse this will be hard to make. For example; if item gets IAS and CD; it'll be harder for it to roll CC. Let's assume it's on normal maths should be like 1/100, it'll be 1/1000. So this will stop these items filling the AH. It will be possible, but less likely. Some combinations can be harder to get like this. (If you ever played Persona 4, you mix summons to make a new summon. Some skills are harder to pass to some summons since their elements doesn't have a synergy -giving ice skills to demons who normally get fire skills- )

Rest of the affixes are random. Fee should be too little. Let's say 10k for each try. I wouldn't bother even at once if it costs like 100k, but i'd do it for more than 100 times if it was only 10k, so i'd be spending 1m. I wouldn't look back and think "AAH I wasted too much money" too. Since I'd have fun with a small fee (gambling is fun) Here is your item+gold sink. 100% success.
will bump it!!!
great idea, although

1. 2 legendries of the same type
2. Legendary item + legendary item of the same type

mean the same thing :P perhaps edit the post to get your point nice and clear? cause i'm interested :D
Awesome idea! +1, thumbs up and sticky requested :D
shouldnt be just restricted for legendaries but its a great idea. would love to see if its a great idea in practice as well.
This is a really good idea!
Sorry, but it is a completely useless suggestion!

If you do this, you'll get a marginal bigger supply of better legendaries, with the ones that would usually get Brimstoned being the ones used to make them.

This would presumable cost something, so would take a small amount of money out of the economy. Unless hilariously expensive this would be insignificant compared to the game economy.

So, you'll get a few more 'good' legendaries, but since you'll not have reduced the money supply in any way, prices for the best legendaries will stay at the current level. All that will happen is that the bar for when a legendary is 'good' will be raised a little.

Unless you shrink the money supply, or more radically start making the best items disappear from the game, you can not change the current trends. This is basic economics 101...

A solution that would help would be something like this:
When an item is repaired, it loses 1 durability. An item with 0 durability can not be repaired or recycled.

That would boost the demand side of the economy tremendously, leading to a market that will suddenly flourish since everyone will now need to buy stuff, and they will not have their old stuff to flow when they do...

There would be a lot of crying though :-p

Something like that is the only way the D3 economy can be repaired... Resources (in this case items) simply have to leave the game, or continuous inflation is a given...
I suggested this 3 months ago. Came up with a system too.

In short, you put 3 same slot items and will get 1 item. Maybe return of the horadric cube. You can make a tiny gold sink out of that too. If you make it too big, people won't try it at all. If you make it cheaper, people will do it for hundreds of times.

This item will have x amount of affixes. X is biggest number of affixes between these 3 items.

New item will have 1 affix of each item (Imagine putting "IAS, CD,CC amulets there expecting getting a new ammy with 3in1) Ofcourse this will be hard to make. For example; if item gets IAS and CD; it'll be harder for it to roll CC. Let's assume it's on normal maths should be like 1/100, it'll be 1/1000. So this will stop these items filling the AH. It will be possible, but less likely. Some combinations can be harder to get like this. (If you ever played Persona 4, you mix summons to make a new summon. Some skills are harder to pass to some summons since their elements doesn't have a synergy -giving ice skills to demons who normally get fire skills- )

Rest of the affixes are random. Fee should be too little. Let's say 10k for each try. I wouldn't bother even at once if it costs like 100k, but i'd do it for more than 100 times if it was only 10k, so i'd be spending 1m. I wouldn't look back and think "AAH I wasted too much money" too. Since I'd have fun with a small fee (gambling is fun) Here is your item+gold sink. 100% success.

I like this
14/01/2013 00:59Posted by Snorkle
I like this

You can mention and use it as if it's your own idea. Whatever works to fix major problems.