Activision-Blizzard best quarter in history

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
08/02/2013 13:58Posted by Curoch
Ben, how long was your ban for baiting?

is that a threath ? Because I can not see why making clear that Diablo 3 was a GIANT commercial success has something to do with baiting.

If you don't like it. No problem.

if you think your opinion is the only correct one, you are wrong. Millions play it. They don't play because they hate it.
Ben, how long was your ban for baiting?

is that a threath ?

No? It's a question. After Christmas it was peacefull while you were gone for a month but yet again you've returned with nothing but childish arguements and a list of statistics.

Edit:
Diablo 3 was a GIANT commercial success

We get that D3 was a COMMERCIAL success. But we don't give a !@#$ about whether it was a COMMERCIAL success.
Much needed statistics to place the hate trolls back on the ground I guess.

12 million of which 33% retention rate in public games.

Official now. So how does that bother you ?

The figures speak volumes and are not that trivial either.

I am sorry if these figures bother you.

EDIT: BTW a clear 33% retention rate in PG is more than commercial alone ...
08/02/2013 13:56Posted by BenBoske
Saying that the game is bad because of 12 M sales and a 33% retention rate after 9 months in IN game public grouping is even more childish ...

Retention rate is expected to be higher from hardcore fans of a previously good game.
But you are putting numbers out of your a$$ :)

Now compare retention rate to Diablo 2, not after 9 months but after 5 years, and you will see how D3 failed.

And even if that would be comparable, retention rate still doesn't tell if a game is good. It can tell that a game still has potential. Which I agree for D3. it still has potential.

Only one thing can tell if a game is good: fanbase opinions.
[
And even if that would be comparable, retention rate still doesn't tell if a game is good. It can tell that a game still has potential. Which I agree for D3. it still has potential.

Only one thing can tell if a game is good: fanbase opinions.

Welcome to the official Diablo 3 forums where fans ALSO live ...

I know I never doubted that 12 M would show up. I already saw enough of these posters that D3 no longer sold !@#$ after its first weeks launch.

We know better now. As we also saw those in game new grouping figures.

So odd; ... some fans don't agree with you. Surprise ? hardly ? Respect ? Of course IF they respect the fans opinions.
We get that D3 was a COMMERCIAL success. But we don't give a !@#$ about whether it was a COMMERCIAL success.

^^ THIS

I don't give a crap if it has retention of 500% and sold 50 trillion copies if it fails to be a good Diablo series game, which by definition should be an action rpg.
08/02/2013 14:12Posted by marsovac

^^ THIS

I don't give a crap if it has retention of 500% and sold 50 trillion copies if it fails to be a good Diablo series game, which by definition should be an action rpg.

Then if it failed in your eyes what are you doing here on a fan site anyway ?

To tease ?

I have a hint: Diablo 3 will be played in the next 5 years on BattleNet by its fans whether you like that or not.

As it sold already 12M, you can't do anything about it.
08/02/2013 14:10Posted by BenBoske
So odd; ... some fans don't agree with you. Surprise ? hardly ? Respect ? Of course IF they respect the fans opinions.

Id like them to respect fan opinions, but they are respecting troll opinions as it seems, seeing that you are one of the minority on this forum supporting the game in the current state.

Id like them to respect fan opinions, but they are respecting troll opinions as it seems, seeing that you are one of the minority on this forum supporting the game in the current state.

Who says so: the forum trolls or the millions still playing the game ? And even on forums I only see MILLIONS of hours played total of posters.

Why do you think you are a majority ?
08/02/2013 14:12Posted by marsovac

^^ THIS

I.. what? If you don't care that D3 is a commercial success then why did you make this topic about D3 being a commercial success? =/
08/02/2013 14:14Posted by BenBoske
Then if it failed in your eyes what are you doing here on a fan site anyway ?

There are only two things that motivate a person to do what they don't want to:

- hope (of any kind: profit, pleasure...)
- fear (of any kind: harm, death ... )

My reason obviously is hope... hope that this game will improve.
08/02/2013 14:04Posted by BenBoske

Statistics can be useful in a discussion, sure.

Problem is, you use them for the wrong arguments. If someone states the game is bad or anything along those lines, you post playing statistics from xfire or something.

If you're gonna use statistics, use them in the appropriate context.
08/02/2013 14:16Posted by Froberg

^^ THIS

I.. what? If you don't care that D3 is a commercial success then why did you make this topic about D3 being a commercial success? =/

Thats 1 - 0 (in fact it is a clear hat tric).
08/02/2013 14:16Posted by Froberg
D3 is a commercial success then why did you make this topic about D3 being a commercial success?

For people to see that a commercial success does not alway equate to a good product.

Statistics can be useful in a discussion, sure.

Problem is, you use them for the wrong arguments. If someone states the game is bad or anything along those lines, you post playing statistics from xfire or something.

If you're gonna use statistics, use them in the appropriate context.

I only used offical figures on this one.

Offical sales figures from Blizzard and official in game numbers of new formed public grouping.

Nothing more nothing less: 12M and a new PG figure of 600-650 compared to 1800 at the start of June. That's a 33% retention rate spread over a public of 12 million sales.

Not even counting the fact that everyone in launch plays a LOT more than now...

Where do you see Xfire in those stats?
08/02/2013 14:18Posted by marsovac
For people to see that a commercial success does not alway equate to a good product.

Which Ben cannot comprehend.

"Whaaa?? People dislike a game that made SOOO much money?! I must inform them they're wrong! Post haste!"

"Whaaa?? People dislike a game that made SOOO much money?! I must inform them they're wrong! Post haste!"

With a 33% retention rate (concurrent AND in public groups) after 8 months... is telling that this game is being played by 4 million players...

You forgot that part.

Quite an impressive number.
08/02/2013 14:19Posted by BenBoske
Offical sales figures from Blizzard and official in game numbers of new formed public grouping.

If you are giving a user score to a game by looking at statistics then you should not be playing games.

You should be a manager, or should be playing the auction house, since there your skills will be much more efficient.
08/02/2013 14:21Posted by Curoch

How about we all just agree that taste is subjective and that it's neither wrong to like it or dislike it? Is that within the realm of what could possibly happen or is that suggestion way too controversial?
08/02/2013 14:22Posted by BenBoske

With a 33% retention rate (concurrent AND in public groups) after 8 months... is telling that this game is being played by 4 million players...

You forgot that part.

Quite an impressive number.

See? You did exactly what I said in the other thread...

Don't even bother folks...

He'll just overlook/ignore your valid points and start typing random statistics to take away the attention from him not being able to give you an answer

According to OP, D3 is fine, has no faults, is perfect in every way just because it has a stupid amount of hype-related sales.

Point-blankly denying any faults with this game is gonna get you the reputation of a troll.