How, just HOW, do we make gold now??

General Discussion
In my point of view some mid level items has gained value in last 1 month. About two weeks ago I found good item and sold it for 400m. Then I upgraded my gear. And of course I sold my old gear and almost every item was more valuable than when I bought them few months ago. The former gear I bought for 70m and now I was able to sell it total of 160m.

After the patch I have my transaction history almost full of sold items 5m-20m and two items for +50m.

I don't know what your are trying to sell or for how much. But the problem might be in those question words (what and how much).

Nothing in your eqipment shows that you have sold something for more then 20m :)

Then I can assume that you haven't sold anything for more than 15m. Just by comparing our DH's stats. Not items.
I am actually in the same tight spot, once I use up all of my modest reserve on crafting (in which I have been particularly unlucky so far) I have no idea where I am gonna get gold, one A3 run nets about a million or so, but then I always spend more on crafts... hoping for a good drop becomes less and less realistic, I mean, what do you even pick up these days? Even before the patch I wouldn't bother with half the rares, and that just got cut in half again with rare shoulders, chests and bracers being reduced to almost useless...
The answer to OP's question is: get a job and buy gold from RMAH
I never buy on the AH's and I am constantly over 60 M Gold (selling off once I get over 70/80).
Oh. I have not helped much so far but couple of things that might help:

1. Collect rings and sell them UNidentified. I think there is still players out there who might be interested. For example me. I buy frequently some unid legendary items and rings (amulets). You can get 50-100k / unid ring depending on ilvl.

2. Rares to pick up after patch. Now it seems that it's only worth to pick up yellow rings and one handed ilvl 63 weapons. Maybe gloves (but crafting is going to kill these markets too).

3. AH. You might find some nice items early in the morning for cheap. Then you do what some players do to get more gold.

4. Credit card
Start looking for unique monsters and sell them to people on this list. Players will pay anywhere from 500,000 to 15 million credits for uniques. The usual rate seems to be one million per monster.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6525472635
If people leave behind yellows, it is their fault for running from ok money.

I pick up all yellows. I ID the promising ones, rest, I salvage Un-ID, and sell essences and tears in batch of 500's.

I even pick up nearest blue items if I know I am about to go to town or in case of Skycrown, where I pick up my 4-5 NV's, I pick up blues as well. Since there won't be dropping a lot of yellows, and I need to go to town after anyways, to go different place. They pay my repairs, so rest is just bonus.
Goldskin. . .got it for 800k ages ago,it works,even after its been nerfed into the ground.
don't put your items up for rediculous amount sof money, I just sell my items with a min bid of 100, getting loads of customers, and sells for the price it's worth.
19/02/2013 01:47Posted by KingD
Also, I sold my Vile Ward before they dropped to much in price, since I crafted a good shoulder (better str, less vit)

Same. My wiz were 251 int and 78 vit with double resi and cost me 55m. I sold at 19m FAST as the prices for them has plummeted now.

I do love the ability to farm and craft your own gear!

I also love the fact that flippers have far less chance to milk genuine players that bid for items they actually want to WEAR, not just profit!
20/02/2013 12:48Posted by Wired
Also, I sold my Vile Ward before they dropped to much in price, since I crafted a good shoulder (better str, less vit)

Same. My wiz were 251 int and 78 vit with double resi and cost me 55m. I sold at 19m FAST as the prices for them has plummeted now.

I do love the ability to farm and craft your own gear!

I also love the fact that flippers have far less chance to milk genuine players that bid for items they actually want to WEAR, not just profit!

I sold my Vile Ward for a wee bit more:)

224 STR, 67 VIT, 76 AR, 9% Life, +251 Armour, 331 Life Regen

Got it sold for 52 mill. Pure profit, since it was self-found. Was, a bit saddened, since it was a great piece self-found. Same as my chest, but that one stays for now:)
we dont find gold, need to hit the miracle perf stat items to sell. gl

crafting will eat all your gold eventually
I am at 60-70 legendary item rampage atm none of em sellable so far, depressing GG
18/02/2013 21:21Posted by QED
flipping!

just die
I made the boa shoulders but probably won't waste any more gold gambling on the others.I didn't like the boa's in WOW and i'm dissapointed (but not surprised) that they made it into diablo.As for acquiring gold i'm just selling what i can and running act 3 on MP3 with the gear i have on.
Play on hardcore -> Find sellable stuff all the time (1-2m rares that wouldn't fetch you even 10k on softcore are pretty common, ~500k rares are ultra-common, pretty crappy legendaries that would sell for 100-200k on sc can bring you 5-6m on hc. AND all this stuff actually sells) -> convert hc gold to sc gold at 2.2-2.4 rates.

The only donwnside is that if you manage to find something extremely good that would sell for 2+bil on sc, it would usually sell for 500m hc max since the total amount of gold here is considerably lower.

And yes, it's possible to build a character that will survive a disconnect with 2 lazers spawned on him/her while standing in a plague pool on mp0.
It all a matter of numbers if you devalue the gold ie what your paying 500000000000000 for you now pay 5000000 for its just numbers a way of keeping score. if EVERYBODY soldl/bought things at 20% of what pll were asking for it then tings would move .
But when you got pll that look at the gold and say i cant sell it for less than 50000000000000000 then yes pll are not going to buy them. players set the price supply and demand if you cant sell it reduce the price. .
Its simpel.

If you put alot of hours in playing this game you should be rewarded with at least a reasonable amount of daily gold from auctioning your best drops or have some other means to make enough gold ingame without resorting to methods like item flipping on the AH that have nothing to do with gameplay.

Rare items are never exactly what you need/want. That's why there was alot of trade in these items and a good opportunity to make some gold for everyone.
No more :(
Things are like this now: Half of items on AH will drop in price for roughly 30-50%. Most of chests, shoulders, gloves, amulets. Other half is still good. Pants, rings, helms, weapons.

So part of your income will be cut away.

On the other hand.....

You also have chance of getting pretty decent equipment for reasonably low gold by making it yourself. If you can make half of your equipment, you don't need that much gold on the end.

Crafting is actually good way of improving mid level characters, it's not for noobs and BIS geared ppl have quite low chances to get something out of it (still - they are there). So it stimulate ppl to play and craft more and rely on AH and on real money less so I think it's good thing.

And one more thing, crafting does not guarantee good results. 2 guys from other thread made over 300 amu-s each and gained nothing out of it. You still need luck to get something useful.
20/02/2013 01:21Posted by Mannoroth
ust a matter of time before you hit the gold mine.

Really?

I've played @ 1400 hours on 5 alts, and not even sniffed a 'gold mine' yet!

Best ever was 130m for resi Zunni boots. Lots of 20m mark sales, but really never ever a 200m + item, ever.

Guess this is the way loot is controlled - to make you use the rmah for decent gear. Only way I managedto faceroll MP10 on several characters... (quite sad actually) I wish the loot was good enough for end game stuff!