Bought game yesterday but says I'm starter edition?

Technical Support
1 2 3 5 Next
Can someone help me with this??
Have you set up your account correctly and redeemed the activation code?
Hello,

Depending on where you purchased the game, your account upgrade may be delayed while Blizzard waits for the payment to be verified. This never lasts more than three days. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Ok thanks ;)
Hi there,

As said above, there may be a delay of up to 72 hours in processing the account upgrade.

Please let us know if it takes longer than that.
Thats weird cause i bought the Diablo 3 like a week ago and it was installed so i played it and it still says that its a starter edition even though i spent $40 on the game at gamestop. Please help i cant play unless i buy the game but i already bought it : (
30/12/2013 03:17Posted by Tllama
Thats weird cause i bought the Diablo 3 like a week ago and it was installed so i played it and it still says that its a starter edition even though i spent $40 on the game at gamestop. Please help i cant play unless i buy the game but i already bought it : (

have you tried resetting password? some people say that this fix problem with starter to standard conversion
i bought the game at gamestop for 20$ still im on starter edition and when i bought the battle chest it contained 2 disc and 2 free guest pass but no other code so what i do now?
I purchased my game the day it came out at best buy beat it and got bored. I have not played for quite a while and now when I log in it says that my D3 is a starter edition. I changed my password, and nothing happened. And when I log in all of my characters are gone... What do I do to fix this?
Dotsero,

Could you have used a different Battle.net account? The one you're posting from has never had any games at all other than the Starter Edition you just installed today.

I need more info in order to try finding the account if you can't remember what it was. Do you still have the Authentication key that came in the box when you bought the game? Don't post it here, just let me know if you have it or not.

Nicko,

You would go to your Battle.net Account Management page and where you see the games section, you should see the option to upgrade your Diablo III Starter Edition. You'll use the 26 digit code for that.

Your Battle.net and game accounts are in the US, despite you posting here in the EU forum so use the US site

Hello, I purchased the standard edition, and now I have a "starter - demo". Longer time I played and now I'm "forced" upgrade to the standard version. Maybe I (own error) has created a new acc - with others via email. Is it possible to somehow get the original acc, to be over my code or the other / original address? I do not want to unnecessarily buy the digital version when I paid for ... boxed. Thank you.
Hinďa,

It looks like you had another Battle.net account that you used for Diablo III. It also appears it may have been compromised and subsequently restricted from playing. You're going to need to submit a support ticket and work with our Billing Department and see if they're able to assist in getting the original game license back or not.

This support article will lead you through the process.

Hi Omrakos,

I Bought and played the full game and it said i had the full game (I still have the original Box And key) and now all of a sudden its the starter edition...

All my Characters is gone as well.

Can you please help me?

Thank you.
Nevermind, I found my problem...I used the incorrect account to log in. Thank you. :D
30/07/2013 14:11Posted by Lurdlespor
Hi there,

As said above, there may be a delay of up to 72 hours in processing the account upgrade.

Please let us know if it takes longer than that.

Ok I feel kind of cheated, I loved Diablo 3 but then stopped playing as school started. I then wanted to get back into playing, so i logged in and of course the safety precautions of the resetting your password, no problem, i get that filled out and, i could have sworn i put my security question as something different, and now i cant log in due to "suspicious" activity. and when i cant log in I literally cant make contact with blizzard, whatsoever, so I decided to let go of my account and my precious collection of 60's :( and take my brothers old one, (he never plays anymore) and I log in and it says he needs to create a battletag, I go ahead and do so. i go back to log in, and it says I need to create a battletag, so i just exit and reload. but same thing, over and over, then i realize that it says my brothers version of the game is the starter edition, that made me confused. (but ive been through the security question thing before, i still dont know why Blizz has taken down their call lines, i would appreciate to just talk to some one who can help me in my case. i really hope i cant get a quick reply my friends are getting back into diablo :/.
Hi as Dotsero said i have the exact same problem. I have my 26 digit key that i used the first time to register the game on battle net. But now when i type it in it says that its already been used. I bought the game at full price when it first came out and now i cant play. Please help!