Wait Console gets loot 2.0 BEFORE PC!?

Console
....seriously.......wow.....
It's not Loot 2.0. It's just some aspects that are in Loot 2.0 as well......
The consoles get some of the features of Loot 2.0 and anyway, should they get the bad version or the better one? Why do some people whine at every single thing that may come to their mind?

And I think it is great that they do get a part of Loot 2.0, because this time the testing will be done by console players.
*yawn* that is what the public test servers are for.... Some aspects? Basically its what we will get in 8 months.... yeah I'm a little disgruntled.
01/09/2013 04:35Posted by Razeal

Think about it this way... The consoles are beta testers on Loot 2.0.

So basically they get the !@#$, while we get the polished version.
01/09/2013 06:08Posted by Razeal
*yawn* that is what the public test servers are for.... Some aspects? Basically its what we will get in 8 months.... yeah I'm a little disgruntled.

No amount of testing in the test servers would ever be as complete as, say, just 1 million players playing. Mostly because the test servers are populated by devoted players, not casuals; and casuals are the majority of players. Anyway, the fact is that after being played by console players, some problems might be noticed which should be fixed in the PC version. Simple, eh?

I don't think the console version has Smart Drops, targeted items, the adjusted properties, etc. Neither does it have the Mystic, which I consider a part of Loot 2.0. But it has some aspects, like decreased drop rate, increased property values (fewer & better loot), and scaled legendaries for various ilvls.

So, consoles DO NOT get what we will get in "8 months" or whenever. Also, the consoles DO get "some aspects" of Loot 2.0. So, wtf were you saying above?
The Console version is Diablo 3 "Light" to play it once or twice with a few friends that come over and drink beer and spill some of it on the sofa.

It is very fun this way, but it really doesn't hold a candle vs the PC version in the long run.

Because it lacks in game economics AND a server controlled security to prevent hacks/cracks.

Diablo was Always as much a game of trading as it was a gear grinder.

But most console players hop from one new launch to another in a matter of days/weeks anyway.

---

SO it is a WIN/WIN. Long term play: PC with its endless range of patches and expansions and the console version to have "beer and pretzel" gaming with drunken friends on the couch.

I choose the first, But no one is saying that getting drunk in front of console D3 with yelling friends can't be "fun" either.

Just don't invest too much time in the console version as it lacks profile references and will be hacked/cracked /duped on every website available (so meaningless outside of the couch play).
from what ive seen on a few streams already , yes ! they have a lot better loot already , with blue items with dps of 900+ ....
As far as i know consoles have a light test version of what we will get on PC.
it's more like loot 1.5 :)
well for starters . Console Diablo 3 contains NO auction house/real money auction house , and can be played offline .......the basic buyer of such a game is a 10-15 year old , which will grow bored of the game (i hope not) ..and in two weeks he will start playing his new game - end of timespan .... now ,lets just hope as dedicated pc diablo users that things will fix ..........

please not another Expansion where its only the "Pay-To-Win pwn and rule" - we've had enuff of that in the real world - please an official blue reply if possible - !!!!!!!!! i mean for christsakes i even consider spending my few gold on gem making !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01/09/2013 04:35Posted by Razeal

this thread, .....seriously.....wow....

you actually come here to EU forums after everyone dissed you on americas ?

....seriously.....wow....
Now the PS3 will be the testing dummy for the new loot system. Let's see how it really works from tomorrow and on ;D
Yeah ad there goes the statement posted months ago by blizzard: console version will get the 1.07 PC version with some minor tweaks.
Ow well some more marketing information that did not turn out to be correct in the end.
Will ad this to the ever increasing list of marketing BS.
01/09/2013 05:32Posted by ThePirate

This! If anything, it's more like Loot 1.5 in Diablo III on the consoles.
02/09/2013 14:16Posted by Vaneras

You know, the PC version should have had that months ago. Now we have to wait probably six months to a year before we get anything for the pc. After all, already know there's going to be no major patches in 2013.
02/09/2013 14:28Posted by Kaotic

You know, the PC version should have had that months ago. Now we have to wait probably six months to a year before we get anything for the pc. After all, already know there's going to be no major patches in 2013.

No it shouldn't have had it. Because that itemization is strictly designed for consoles where no economy exists and also where people won't play the game for ages like on PC.

It's instant gratification, then moving on to the next game.

If you want that, go and play the console version.
From what ive heard, the loot drops on the console version are good, far more useful loot.

Sooner PC gets this the better.

No it shouldn't have had it. Because that itemization is strictly designed for consoles where no economy exists and also where people won't play the game for ages like on PC.

It's instant gratification, then moving on to the next game.

If you want that, go and play the console version.

You're kidding me, right? There's a big difference between instant gratification and wanting meaningful drops.

The itemization we currently have is beyond awful. Items you find should be worthwhile, it shouldn't take you hundreds of hours to find one major upgrade. Right now, the AH is the best way to get gear and that's not how it should be, imo.

This is the whole reason they're working on loot 2.0, but as I said, we'll be waiting for 6-12 months before we see anything.