Finders Keepers |
and
Loot Alert

?
If I'm not allowed to posted them please remove links and sorry :/
Hi there,

Here's the End User License Agreement for Diablo III;
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/d3_eula.html

If you don't want to go through it yourself, the short answer is that Blizzard does not permit the use of any mods. I wouldn't expect them to go looking for users of either of those two programs, but if they find evidence of those programs while they were looking for something else, they could decide to take action against your account.

I'd advise against it, as if you use them and they decide to do something about it, then it would be hard to mount an effective appeal. As for the need of them, the last time a legendary dropped for me, it had the usual orange beam and a star icon representing its position on my minimap. It was hard to miss to the point of being obnoxious.
11/09/2013 23:59Posted by Doomsinger
the last time a legendary dropped for me, it had the usual orange beam and a star icon representing its position on my minimap. It was hard to miss to the point of being obnoxious.

Thank you for the answer and for the editing of my post, i won't be using it then also i would not use this for Legendary but for such things as Demonic essences, rings ect and for stats

Would be nice if this was added into a patch or update

Regards and thanks
Unholy
Hi again,

Unfortunately the people here in Technical Support don't deal with player feedback, but you're welcome to post suggestions about this in the other areas of the forum. I'd expect players would be quite supportive of thisidea so long as it's implemented well.
hello and sorry for the bumped thread .

we both know - doomsinger and me at least- , that a lot of streamers are using lootalert , with no problems whatsoever , for over 1 year now . what about them ?

cant say i demand retribution , but they have an unfair advantage , especially after the mob density buff . i need to pick up 10-15 blue - white items , just to make sure i dont have any DE on the ground , while they can just hear a sound .

ive read ure EULA , for the first time tbh , and lootalert does nothing of those things !

any reply ?

edit - finders keepers is datamining the drops in-game , from what i know , but its still used by some players with no problems .
SSefiraa,

The only person I've recently watched stream Diablo III was playing the console version. I spend a great deal of time on Blizzard's various forums, so usually I only have time to either play games or watch someone else - generally I choose to play them myself.

I'll quote a couple of relevant sections of the EULA below;

2. Additional License Limitations:
B. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use;

2. Additional License Limitations:
D. Use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information;
k k , i get the 3rd party software .

any ideas of whats gonna happen to the ppl who are still using it ? ( there still are , no worries .jsut this morning i was browsing the twitch d3 games , i joined jsut in time to hear - DE dropped - ) .

ofc , shaming is not allowed , but u cant tell me u dont know some top -end monks , wizards , or old US streamers who moved to EU , who were using that loot alert with no problems , for at least 1 year !!!

and tbh , multiboxing is a lot more worse than hearing a sound when something drops .
its like the ultimate cheating tool !!

its a third party software , u pay to use that software , but its very ok with blizzard if u do that . and ofc , u need macro to multibox - a SECOND third party program , that changes my gaming experience !

2. Additional License Limitations:B. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use;

u guys never said , NEVER , what third party software is authorized , altough ppl were asking about this on countless threads - with no blue reply ofc , except for this same segment of EULA , thats very gray and can have so many interpretations .

i went off-topic i think , and its ok if u close the thread . i dont expect any reply tbh .

ty and have a good evening !