chat scammers are out in force!

General Discussion
ever since the announcement of the closure of the auction houses the chat channel scammer and spammers are non stop and increasing?

whenever I see them I call them out and warn other players.

why don't bizz ban them. they can easily keep an eye on these scumbags?
02/10/2013 14:13Posted by Steveb
why don't bizz ban them. they can easily keep an eye on these scumbags?

They will certainly need to fix this when the AHs go down if they will leave us with the current trade interface as the only one. Perhaps they will give us a new interface...
i dont understand how you can get scammed nowadays, as the scam always is something with "drop your item on the ground" thing. or someone who traded first in hc vs sc gold.

Its just retarded to fall for something like that.
i dont understand how you can get scammed nowadays, as the scam always is something with "drop your item on the ground" thing. or someone who traded first in hc vs sc gold.

there are many and increasingly clever ways to scam. go to d3blacklist.com and read up

you would be surprised how some get done
Vigilance when trading will pay off the vast majority of the time when trading. I had a look through the first couple of pages on that site, 99% were reports of people trying to trade different items than the item they were advertising or people changing the amount of gold they had in the trade window.

We're always on the lookout for new sneaky methods, and we urge you to email our hacks team at hacks@blizzard.com if you know of anything like this. You can also check out our sticky post for more advice on safe trading.

there are many and increasingly clever ways to scam. go to d3blacklist.com and read up

Vigilance when trading will pay off the vast majority of the time when trading. I had a look through the first couple of pages on that site, 99% were reports of people trying to trade different items than the item they were advertising or people changing the amount of gold they had in the trade window.

We're always on the lookout for new sneaky methods, and we urge you to email our hacks team at hacks@blizzard.com if you know of anything like this. You can also check out our [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7860066335"]sticky post[/url] for more advice on safe trading.

There you go, Blue confirms its retarded to get scammed in this game.
Mmm, that was a nice sandwich.

We're always on the lookout for new sneaky methods, and we urge you to email our hacks team at hacks@blizzard.com if you know of anything like this. You can also check out our [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7860066335"]sticky post[/url] for more advice on safe trading.

wow! my first blue answer to a post, thanks but it does make me ask if its a sign they are taking this serious at last?

manso, try reading again and open your mind?
one of the main scams that worry me is the unidentified items.

I do know it can be done because I tested it before I call out the scammers on chat
Depends on the scam, HC>SC gold just use one of the guys of the trade forum with a good rep.
Buying or selling an item, opps wrong amount or wrong item 99% it's a scam so don't bother.

There is one scammer that whenever they call a trade in chat get an instant reply of "Scammer"

Funny how they go off line straight away........

You know who you are B******N
Great job on removing the AH guys. When that happens the d3blacklist site will be filled with hundreds of new entries.
02/10/2013 21:50Posted by Steveb
but it does make me ask if its a sign they are taking this serious at last?

Stupidity is very alarming that's why they are taking it seriously.
02/10/2013 21:50Posted by Steveb
thanks but it does make me ask if its a sign they are taking this serious at last?

Hehehe, no they don't :) The blue quoted a post that's telling you to go to d3blacklist.com This just shows how preoccupied they are themselves about this.

A simple thing to make half the issue solved is the division of high values in triplets NOT to miss one zero. Make it look like 100 000 000 and not 100000000, use spaces, commas, dots, bananas - WHATEVER! Should be a simple task for the blizz team but what, nooooo... why would the implement it asap. People, me included, were moaning about that for months and alas - still ignored!
yep. these scams have been going on for eons. now a blue post shows concern. at this point time there are no alternative ways of trading without 3rd party sites.

perhaps the removal of the safe trading in the ah's is making some grey matter churn over at blizzard? hope you guys can come up with a solution or the remainder of players are gonna be meat to the slaughter?

I do hope we are no going out of the frying pan and into the fire.....
yep. these scams have been going on for eons. now a blue post shows concern. at this point time there are no alternative ways of trading without 3rd party sites.

perhaps the removal of the safe trading in the ah's is making some grey matter churn over at blizzard? hope you guys can come up with a solution or the remainder of players are gonna be meat to the slaughter?

Playing self found once expansion hits problem solved.

Playing self found once expansion hits problem solved.

that's clearly the plot from blizzard. the biggest complaint form the anti ah crowd was that they got little or no chance for godly items yes? well if items are not boa then they will still be traded and often for money. the d3 detractors and followers of d2 know that from the past;

also there was countless complaints that people could play to win. why is that going to be different?

+auction houses = the option to self found

- auction houses = the option to self found.

this is not the reason and topic for the post.

I recognise your point but can we refresh to the original post?
This game is turning to comunism ...
Existing AHs means that I can choose if I want to use AHs or not. I can find items with specific properties fast and easily. Or, I can ignore it and play self-found only. Or anything in between, I have options.

Removal of AHs forces me to only play with self-found drops or use shady 3rd party sites.
drinks on the house the day blizz will start giving answers in simple and straight language.

@Takralus I am just curious ...you guyz go on some special course before getting on board ??courses like " how to ditch a simple question" or " how to leave a simple question into confusion" or " how to give a flying "F" to the community without getting noticed"... what ever the course you have attended I am dead sure the trainer was good!