Next Gold Sink

General Discussion
06/11/2013 16:16Posted by Sÿlak
So, BoA or not?

For enchanting - Yes.
For transmogrification - No

This :-)
06/11/2013 15:25Posted by Vaneras
Keep in mind that when choosing which property you wish to reroll, you will only be able to reroll that one property from then on out. After a single property has been changed via Enchanting, all other properties will become "locked in" and cannot be rerolled. Also, once you Enchant an item, it will become bound to your account and can no longer be traded to other players.

Does this mean you can still re-enchant your 'selected' property?

And as the image of the Mystic shows where you have to choose between the option of 2 random properties, when you decide to reroll that property will you get 2 new random properties out of the 'possible properties' list?

So in short: can you keep enchanting your weapon untill you reach a desired property?
06/11/2013 16:18Posted by Vaneras

For enchanting - Yes.
For transmogrification - No

This :-)

Thanks for listening to the community!
Ok, cool. This is the best choice!

And as the image of the Mystic shows where you have to choose between the option of 2 random properties, when you decide to reroll that property will you get 2 new random properties out of the 'possible properties' list?

So in short: can you keep enchanting your weapon untill you reach a desired property?

Does this answer your question? :)
While not all properties can be rerolled, most can, and you'll be able to reroll a single property over and over again, as many times as you like. This allows Enchanting to feel meaningful, while still allowing lots of room for you to hunt for even better base items (which, of course, you can then Enchant into even more powerful items, and so on).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11337855/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-first-look-the-mystic-10-24-2013
Please make the best legendaries be BOA.

That way people cannot Pay to Win and actually have to play the game to find the best loot.

It would make it exciting again to see an immortal kings set item drop and know that I could never buy/trade for this item I had to find it.. this is the best day ever type of feeling.

everything under top tier (or top ilevel) could be traded but not the top ilevel items!

PLEASE

It would make it exciting again to see an immortal kings set item drop and know that I could never buy/trade for this item I had to find it.. this is the best day ever type of feeling.

Maybe for you.

You are probably a casual.

But what will I do with the other 10 immortal king drops that I get ?
07/11/2013 00:51Posted by marsovac
Merchant sell or convert to crafting mats. Or keep them in your stash and stare at them. ;)
@marsovac

Maybe for you.

You are probably a casual.

If we take account on how many legendaries are in game, he wants them "falling from sky"... it's not fun to "look mate, another leg, it's a raining legs day" :)
Everyone will get everything in months and then what, whining begins all over again...
Please make the best legendaries be BOA.

That way people cannot Pay to Win and actually have to play the game to find the best loot.

everything under top tier (or top ilevel) could be traded but not the top ilevel items!

PLEASE

The very best items are 1 in a billion drops, so you will likely never see them if they are BoA, but Enchant will work on legendaries too, so you can reroll until you get a better affix than it dropped with and it becomes BoA then. So yeah the best items will surely be BoA. You can probably still Pay to Win, but it will cost a lot more get the very best items that way, since you will first have to pay for them then enchant them to be the very best.

Perhaps there will still be a market of the best items that nobody wants to enchant because they lose their value (and because they already have 6 very good affixes). But using enchanted gear will hopefully be competitive, it just doesn't have any second hand value.
BoA i just wrong when it comes to Diablo imho, implement ladder instead and let the gear be free to trade as the players want.

The ladder will then take care of the economy!

BoA is a WOW legacy and should stay in WOW.
Diablo is about finding items and trade what you cannot find. I for one loved the AH but as they will now remove it trading will have to take it's place and BoA kills that market.
06/11/2013 13:19Posted by Vaneras
The AH isn't a goldsink indeed,

So what is the 15% "tax" per trade in GAH classed as then?
06/11/2013 14:46Posted by Skelos
So its sure? BoA will be included 100%? Good to hear!

+10000000000000

The more we can do to stop greedy traders and exploiters trying to still make real cash from pixels - the better for the health of the game overall. They ruined it for many with current rmah IMO.

Bring on BOA I say. At least for the best drops to stop all these offline sites that are frequented by botters and scammers and selfish ah tycoons that try to play for profit and a job. BRING BACK THE PLAY FOR FUN ELEMENT.
Good day, I have an idea and I have an imaginary alternatives to what to do with the auction house. abolition of purchase in the auction room for less and selling players for more time constraints that when someone sells something that everyone must wait one week, the maximum price in the auction house for 2 or 5 miliard. Please no growth since the auction house will be sold illegally and players will cheat and steal.
Things that could be bought or locked up for gold (pre and post patch):

- Additional character slots
- The ability to rename characters
- Vendor: Potions giving the same boosts as some of the shrines

// Kajan - www.svenskadiablo.se
06/11/2013 13:34Posted by Vaneras
True, the 15% cut does serve as a goldsink, but I would still not call the AH as a whole a gold sink since most of the gold being traded merely changes hands and thus actually stay in the game. I will not protest if people insist on calling the AH a gold sink though, but in that case I will agree to call it an ineffective gold sink instead ;-)

This is just for the sake of it, but do you have access to how much gold has disappeared from the game due to the different in game sinks (15% AH tax, repair, item crafting, gem crafting) ?

I'm not even interested in the numbers, but it is incredibly obvious the amount of gold that disappeared thanks to the AH is orders of magnitude greater than the pocket change that went into everything else. Maybe gem crafting could be the only close second. Am I wrong ?
06/11/2013 16:57Posted by Raydric

Yes. before you enchant an item, you will be able to see a list of properties the different stats can reroll into. Once you have selected a stat to reroll, you will not be able to reroll any other stat, however the stat you have selected can be rerolled as many times you want and can afford.

Yup, pretty much. Every time you choose to reroll a stat, you will be given a couple of random choices from the list of properties associated with the original stat, and you must select one of those choices. The random choices can be the same stat that you already have, though, although the number might be higher or lower.

Yes, but only for one stat. Once you have chosen which stat to enchant, you will only be able to re-enchant that same stat afterwards, however you can do it as many times as you wish until you are happy with what you've got :-)
this is a very good opportunity to remove some of the garbage stats that nobody wants, are completely useless and nobody wants:

life on kill
thorns
life regen

even gold find and mf ;)

i dont want to reroll hundreds of times and get ridiculous stats, which will often be worse that the stat wanted to be rerolled
06/11/2013 13:19Posted by Vaneras
When Reaper of Souls is out. you will actually need to evaluate your loot more carefully than you do today, because not only will you have more options on what you can do with your loot, but your decisions on what to do with said loot will be much harder to undo. For an example; a decent item today that has one or two main stats wrong for you might be an obvious trade or salvage, but come Reaper of Souls that same item might actually be an item that you could instead enchant into an upgrade or sidegrade for one of your characters

Does that mean we'll also have more storage space? It seems like there is more potential for useful gear when combined with other useful gear, which my require saving up. Also mention of build changing gear so we might require different sets of gear to play different builds, which again may lead to the need for more gear storage.

Yup, pretty much. Every time you choose to reroll a stat, you will be given a couple of random choices from the list of properties associated with the original stat, and you must select one of those choices. The random choices can be the same stat that you already have, though, although the number might be higher or lower.

Oh I was way off, this is what I thought:

When you click 'roll', you get one additional stat in the list of possible new stats to enchant? Then you can get one additional enchanting option by rolling again, and with every new roll you get one more option in the 'new stat' list? In the end when you've ran out of money in pursuit of the best possible roll, you cry a little and select the stat which was the least worst.

But I guess it is really like this:

You get a couple of new options directly when you choose which old stat to reroll. Then you have to choose from one of those, but you can roll again to get a new list of possible stats?

I'm glad it's this way, because in the way I thought first, that you could roll and roll until you got a perfect one (and if you didn't, you could fall back to the near-perfect ones).

But this way you'll have to think twice, I guess, before you roll again. Hope I'm not missunderstanding again though..!