40euro's expansion greed

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
kids you don't want the expansion don't buy it
"no i want it for 3€ max + a candy"
i prefer to pay 60€ for diablo3 expansion than any other !@#$ing game, that has 15 hours lifetime
except skyrim ofc :)
Adventure mode, you say?
https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/370280976716283904
19/12/2013 23:22Posted by Maka
Adventure mode, you say?

But Loot Runs clearly aren't Nephalem Rifts! Totally different. Totally.
19/12/2013 23:27Posted by TommyDe
Adventure mode, you say?

But Loot Runs clearly aren't Nephalem Rifts! Totally different. Totally.

Exactly. Totally different.
Loot Runs are "randomized dungeons, monsters, and a mini-boss that drops sweet loot.Also, they'll be pre-patched for free."
Nephalem rifts are randomized dungeons, monsters, WEATHER, and a mini-boss that drops.....loot. It will not be pre-patched for free.

See? Totally different.
Gonna pay €. 60,=

:))
Don't have a problem paying 80 bucks (two accounts, one for me and one for my wife) for a game we will play for hundreds of hours.
A question here. All versions of D3 are international, right? I have an option to buy NA version for 39.99$ instead of 39.99€. So... what's the difference?
I see Blizzard still hasn't accepted the gap between Euro and Dollar...

Also, agreed OP. 40 pips for a one act expansion to this polished lump of offal is hilarious...
I have played more than 1000 hours on vanila and a few on the beta and I can say that 40 euro is not OK. In only 3-4 days things got boring as hell. The expansion at it's current beta state won't keep me entertained for more than 50 hours.

The game is OK but not that great to pay another 40 euros for just 1 class that I really don't like and for a fifth act that is kind of annoying.

Endgame you say? Don't get fooled by the adventure mode cover-up, it's the same thing as before only that you get a silly bag that MAY contain a legendary (and it's usually a blacksmith plan that sucks).

In RoS you will end up hunting bounties ignoring elites (because they rarely drop something good) for that bag. And you will usually do this alone because going solo "it's more efficient" even in a multiplayer game (each will do a separate bounty).

The only incentive to buy the expansion at the current state is the wish that things will get better in future patches. I've been wishing this since the launch, so, yes 40 euros it's to much for my standards.
if i compare the prices of d3 ce (60€) i bought and ros ce (80€) and then translate it into US$ i need to pay 109,36$ for the ros ce. now tell me if that price is fair for what's delivered.
19/12/2013 19:37Posted by maGix
He's a hypocrite. :)
He payed 30 euros for 1000s of hours of entertainment and he wants RoS for free if possible. :D

30 Euros? I paid 90 Euros for the D3 CE (which was well worth it. DAT SKULL!)
Others would've paid 50 for the standard version of the game.
So yeah: 40 Euros is too much.
If you compare all the features, art, sound effects, etc. with the rest of the game, you could say the expansion is worth about 7 Euros.
So blizz fixed their game, for which we paid dearly, and now they want 40 euro for something they should have done in first place.
More over, we pay twice more than the US price which is absolutely out of any logic.
That's how blizz treats EU
19/12/2013 21:43Posted by Darlynn
I was expecting 29.99 max.

Darlynn, you know Bob Kotic is determining the pricing. Did you really expect the price to be any less than even vaguely palatable?
When I find a product too expensive, I just don't buy it.
20/12/2013 11:05Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
When I find a product too expensive, I just don't buy it.

And we certainly will not. But you could also tell the seller that your product is way too expensive. Maybe if you lower the price much more people will buy it.

An expansion shouldn't cost as much as a complete game. Don't know if I've ever seen that before. Compare it to LoD, it cost a third of D2 when it was released.
20/12/2013 11:35Posted by Lofa
Don't know if I've ever seen that before. Compare it to LoD, it cost a third of D2 when it was released.

Tried and tested with Starcraft 2... so if you need to smack heads and take names.... :)
If they follow wow expansions then this will be VERY costly

lvl 70 = 40 euro
lvl 80 = 40 euro
lvl 85 = 40 euro
lvl 90 = 40 euro
lvl 100 = 40 euro

TOTAL = 200 euro
+ diablo 3 for 60 euro
----------------------------
260 euro
----------------------------

Thats some 1.950 DKK for me if i multipley with 7,5

This is close to start prices on ps3 titels when they are realesed and im a bit worried if im gonna keep putting my money in this game.

The issue here is that if my friends buy this RoS and i dont, i wont have anything to do with them ingame becourse i cant reach lvl 70 and get geared enough so i can do enough damage or get enough life to keep alive.

On the other hand, we, 2 mates and i, have allready agreed on buying this expansion to play some more in this series of diablo. We want to give it a go but im diffently not sure that ill buy the next expansion if the price keeps being at 40 euro.

Just my 2 cent
And we certainly will not. But you could also tell the seller that your product is way too expensive. Maybe if you lower the price much more people will buy it.

Not buying the product sends the strongest message: the producer can easily see that his product is not selling.

An expansion shouldn't cost as much as a complete game

I bought D3 for 60 euros, and the xpack is 40 euros.

iPhones cost double the android price, for a reason: they have a hipster brand, and are of higher quality. Same goes with Blizzard games. If you disagree, just don't buy the xpack, like I do not buy iStuff.
19/12/2013 22:17Posted by PERSEVERANCE
Stop. You haven't played it yet and if you're that unhappy with this game, why do you have 56k elite kills?

so what if he has 56k elite kills, maybe he had the game since its out. 1000hr gameplay 42 months of his life which the game is out for 1.5 years ... you would likely have same stats on skyrim but more fun as theres more to do lol

My point being that if he truly disliked the game as much as he claims, he wouldn't have played a thousand hours of it. Getting a thousand hours of entertainment from a single game that he bought for 60 euros sounds like a pretty good deal to me.