Duplicate legendaries

General Discussion
I've found 29 legendaries so far and I already have 4 duplicates.
Luckily I haven't found Ivory Tower yet (I'm mostly playing DH, so I guess that's why I'm not getting it)

How many duplicates have you found guys?
Luckily I haven't found Ivory Tower yet (I'm mostly playing DH, so I guess that's why I'm not getting it)

i doubt if there's any relation: DH can equip shields and moreover one can get legs for another class
Found 2 depth diggers on my wiz so far.
Why is that strange? Is there a mechanism that does not allow duplicate drops?

During my PTR experience, I got lots of legendaries and two same ones (The Barber knife & Oculus). The Barber dropped for my wiz (with INT) and my barb (with STR), with different item levels.

It is not impossible to roll the same random result twice, even when the pool of possible values is very large. Given the high number of drops for all the D3 players, some are bound to have the same legendary drop twice or more.
28/02/2014 06:50Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
Why is that strange? Is there a mechanism that does not allow duplicate drops?

My point is:
Since the good legendaries have lower droprate they might as well up the droprate of the !@#$ legendaries, so we don't have to farm for 90 minutes just to find another Chaingmail.
I'd rather find a Chaignmail every 15 minutes and find Cindercoat only every 1000 hours than find a Chaingmail every 90 minutes and still find Cindercoat only every 1000 hours.

They can always modify the enchanting/crafting requirements to compensate the increased brimstone income.
And I would find that rather annoying. Legendaries won't feel special at all anymore. Furthermore, those !@#$ legendaries drop with higher level stats now, so they can get pretty interesting.
Have also found duplicate legendaries, 2x monster hunter swords.
And 2 helms, can't remember the name.

None of them where particularly great, not that I mind much. When RoS comes everything I find now will be replaced anyway.
28/02/2014 14:07Posted by Steem
And I would find that rather annoying. Legendaries won't feel special at all anymore. Furthermore, those !@#$ legendaries drop with higher level stats now, so they can get pretty interesting.

If you need certain legendaries/sets for your build then nothing else in those slots are "pretty interesting".
Like if you want to make a good Sentry DH build then you need all the pieces of this set: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/marauders-encasement
And Chaingmail will never be "pretty interesting" because of that.
Found 2 of the Pig Stickers that i'm currently using in my offhand.
0 out of 10 so far