Caverns of Frost, Chiltara, Gibbering Gemstone.

General Discussion
1 2 3 22 Next
well, title says it all.

I guess everybody knows what i am gonna say, right?

seen her 50 times no drop before yesterday's patch after 2.0.1.

5 times now still no drop today.

so the drop rate was not fixed post patch as they promissed?

Please some blue guy popup and give some information about this item.

I ve been farming this item for more than 20 hours already but still got nothing.

I guess blizzard just doesnt want us to farm cow level anymore?

Please, Fix this!
I have a feeling the Gemstone has been moved to somewhere in RoS act 5 since loot 2.0. They just don't want to say anything yet until it's obtainable again! Don't keep farming it dude anyway!
hmm... i feel the same, sadly i got some kind of OCD, gotta farm it out :S
28/02/2014 22:23Posted by Omrakos
The low drop rate for the Gibbering Gemstone is being looked into. I'd imagine though that it won't be altered until an upcoming patch is released.

It will be still in same place
I've spend like couple of days farming this. Seen mob 4 times and no drop so far.
05/03/2014 18:09Posted by Shinobi
I have a feeling the Gemstone has been moved to somewhere in RoS act 5 since loot 2.0.

No it has not been moved to Act V, it still drops from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost. There is a bug in play that has lowered the drop-rate dramatically so that it is now even rarer than it was before, but it still does drop. The current drop-rate is not intended and we are looking into fixing it, but there is no ETA yet though.
Some day, one of these patches with birth the prime bug. The nefaleem will fail because of it, and evil will rule Sanctuary.
06/03/2014 09:48Posted by JBWWilling
Some day, one of these patches with birth the prime bug. The nefaleem will fail because of it, and evil will rule Sanctuary.

Lol, an interesting idea... The Prime Bug - a future boss that cannot be defeated because it is bugged.
06/03/2014 08:59Posted by Vaneras
There is a bug in play that has lowered the drop-rate dramatically so that it is now even rarer than it was before, but it still does drop.

does the buggy droprate currently depend on difficulty or is it the same low rate on e.g. normal or torment?
It`ll get fixed like all the other bugs have been fixed ;-}
Hi !
After 2 days, I finally got it (in normal mode).
I was like mad killing the boss and not seeing the gemstone but I can confirm now that it's just a question of luck. Keep farming to get it, it will drop.
Good luck.
06/03/2014 14:05Posted by c2DDragon
Hi !
After 2 days, I finally got it (in normal mode).
I was like mad killing the boss and not seeing the gemstone but I can confirm now that it's just a question of luck. Keep farming to get it, it will drop.
Good luck.

Thx for the confirmation. i think i am gonna continue farming this item since it does drop.
thank you! i will continue to test my luck then :D
Hi Guys,
so I dont know if it helps anybody but here are the results of what i tried.
Barb in normal with 0 magic find
30 runs
Chance to find Caverns of Frost 60%
Chance to find Chiltara 10%
I found 1 Gibbering Gemstone and it took me about 2 hours.
Good luck.
06/03/2014 10:41Posted by Mortiferus
does the buggy droprate currently depend on difficulty or is it the same low rate on e.g. normal or torment?

This bug is rather unusual from what I can understand, and unlike normal drop rates, difficulty doesn't seem to matter much in this particular case. We should hopefully get this sorted out soon.
06/03/2014 10:15Posted by Vaneras

Lol, an interesting idea... The Prime Bug - a future boss that cannot be defeated because it is bugged.

dunno if you have noticed it. Its already been there for a while , keywarden in dulghur oasis..... 1-shot my HC wizard lvl60 3 days ago. really thx.
Just a simple question-Why doesn't blizzard make a an extra active skill slot for D3? I mainly play with the Wizard class and there's so many skills i would like to use but my choices are limited.
07/03/2014 14:00Posted by Tyreal
Just a simple question-Why doesn't blizzard make a an extra active skill slot for D3? I mainly play with the Wizard class and there's so many skills i would like to use but my choices are limited.

wrong thread??
06/03/2014 10:15Posted by Vaneras

The Prime Bug has already come and gone.
Or don't you remember the 4 bil AH gold dupe?
07/03/2014 12:47Posted by Armorpiercer
dunno if you have noticed it. Its already been there for a while , keywarden in dulghur oasis..... 1-shot my HC wizard lvl60 3 days ago. really thx.

That's the damage reflection while he is spinning. Do NOT fire arcane orbs at him then.
It was reduced in 2.0.2 but is still dangerous. (This is true for all champion dervishes.)