Features we would love to see added to Diablo 3

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next
I recommend to add one more place in Diablo, which is different from the rest of the game. After that, I got a few more ideas, so why not add them together, feedback is very welcome.

The Island of Evil Souls: KAPRA KAZ

The preparations could be to get 3 things to get to the island, Kurast like. The (protectors) Bosses differ, some of them will give you hell if you are not well protected from fire, Ice or whatever it might be!

This would remove the favorite gear and force you to buff fire/cold/arcane res and so on.

Also: The bosses are also very well protected from most things, differ from time to time (a wonderful mix of D3 randomness), fire/ice etc, just to make it more difficult.

Well on the island, the fodder is extensive, and SOME of them re-spawns, to give you a little more hell then usual. As they are evil souls, they will come back like zombies with even more bad intentions. This new function should be balanced well, not too much, not to little.

You need to work to get to the middle where the boss/bosses are waiting for you. Surrounded by a Kurast like deep forest.

When the boss/bosses are killed, it opens a portal to a place underneath the surface. At this moment, you have been going at it for about 15-20 minutes.

Under the surface, there is a large temple, with a surprise elite pack, protecting a long lost chest, which contains the weapons of lost soldiers who was trying to finish what you have already done, Diablo. This chest is Diablo's collection of goodies from the ones she has slaughtered for many many years.

Function: Because these lost souls are from the other side, the chest mirrors what you have as a weapons at that time, and the price here is a little buff to one of the stats on your weapon. But, before you can use it, you need to find you way back again.

On the surface again, pretty much all the fodder you have killed already, has woken up again with anger more then you have ever seen, so you have to fight to get back to Tristram. If you make it, you will get the little buff, well deserved. If you die, you have to start over.

There should be no way to use the portal on this island, not to make it to easy!

The areas where the fights take place, should not be to small, instead the opposite.

If you have managed to do this 9 times, you will receive a gift from the town people, a map to a place where you can find a special necklace, not a ring, not a amu, a necklace, or a pouch, where you can keep one more legendary gem..

This sounds all too good, but is has a backside as well, it makes some monsters to hunt you down from time to time. Should be a rare happening, just to make it more fun.

If you ware this "new thing" in the rifts and the rift guardian goes nuts, kill him fast and he will drop something special for you. If you die, you will loose it.

This will change the game a bit, you need to fight to keep things instead of only getting more and more.

So it will be a question about, can you always have this special item on you at all times, do you dare?

Most important thing, the rifts need to have more resistance for this, it has to be more then T6, as it is a walk in the park for most toons at the moment.

If you go for the next level at this, when you have the pouch, necklace etc, you will get something else from the town people after 9 runs, wardrobes and a bigger stash. That you will keep always of course!

Something like that!
I was too lazy to read further after a few pages about what others suggested in this fine thread ;)

* The return of Anya's quest reward: adding your name to a legendary item

* A rare chance to open a time portal which allows heroes to travel back in time to Sanctuary, set in the era of D2. In other words: we get to replay the world of D2 in all its glory (or at least some parts of it)

* Legendary items that allows heroes to use certain skills from other classes

* Legendary items that add a 7th active skill slot

* Fusion of different gems to combine new ones

* When wearing a full set a visual/graphical change is applied to your character, just like the old Tal Rasha's golden glow, or the Trang-Oul's morphing into a hovering Vampire

* The option to select Matt Uelmen's background music from D1 and D2
1) It is far too easy to get to level 70
All the white – blue – yellow items have a very short lifespan and end up being just recycled
Need a longer play time to get to end game and reintroduced the value of these items

2) Crafting has very limited value and is never as good as the item dropped , make it more difficult to craft but with better items that are at parity with drops

3) Visual Effects of spell and weapons are OTP , I just don t know what I am killing anymore it is just a bunch of colours

4) Bring back bosses that are actually bosses , that are hard to kill , challenging to beat , that need technique not just raw DPS and get special rewards for beating them

5) While I totally accept that Diablo is a RNG game , give me more scenario where I can control the outcome , Items drop in specific zone, for a specific boss , for example don t make me hunt for keys for hellfire and then make the drop random , make the keywarden tougher but with a guarantee drop of a key

6) More diversity on the value of armour sets, at end game every one end up having the same gear , because one set is so dominant ,

7) Give unique transmog for reaching specific achievement , no one looks at banners, transfer the customisation to characters

8) Give more value to bounty completion, for example weekly bonuses or unique drops or bonus for a total bounty completion

9) Get rid of the time in greater rifts , I don’t see the point to rush content to beat a time , the play style is just wrong, better to have a difficulty increase gradually and push yourself to a high level

10) Get more choices in blood shard purchase ,it would it be better to save up 10 000 shards to buy one specific item you need then to gamble on trash for 50 hours.

11) Give more control on enchanting , it is a good system but I would rather pay 50 forgotten souls for a 10% bonus that to randomly generate effects to get there

12) Make jewel crafting more interesting , very few recipe , very few interaction , give more variety in gems effect and more sockets on all items

13) Introduce consumables that give temporary buffs to a group for example

14) Introduce skills that have more impact (buffs) on a group

15) Introduce more items that customise items like the socketing gift , Item that give flames, lightning, cold , shields for example
Some suggestions/ideas I would really enjoy to see in an upcoming patch:

• a second weapon slot like in Diablo2. It's annoying to switch weapons over your inventar in some situations. For example, Danetta's Hatred crossbows for fast movement speed vs. a crossbow with high damage and quiver to kill an elite. Same thing with Swiftmont vs. a damage flail and shield for crusaders, etc. Just one klick (w like in Diablo2) should be enough. :)
  • the possibility to sell or drop (failed/low) riftstones
  • Mystik: armors and pants shouldn't cost more than 30 veiled crystals each enchanting. Armors even cost 3x more veiled crystals than weapons, 16x more than belts and 10x more than boots.
  • last but not least, the ability to reset items to their original stats before they were enchanted for example with a Ramaladni's Gift with a second option
  • updated it a bit now, keep it coming guys. Hopefully some of our ideas will be provide inspiration :)
    - Drop the Str,Dex,Int System because in D3 it does not make sense anymore since only one is pushed any way. Instead, only use '+ main stat' on items to encourage playing different characters. Currently I basically can't play my DH because my stash is full of int gear from my wiz and I simply don't have the space.. ;)

- Create a players armory much like the card book from heartstone or the pokedex where there is a space for every legendary item which gets filled as you find them. If you find a second of the same legendary item, you can exchange the place. So the first of every legenday item does not take up space in your stash (of course you can store multiple versions of stuff in your stash)
    Bonus: Make it searchable
    Bonus #2: Make a graphical representation like the Heckler&Koch Grey Room (just google it)

- Show stat changes when enchanting for each option, not only after picking the option
    04/11/2014 16:26Posted by Sendraks
    The advantage of runewords in D3 (should such a thing ever happen), should be the predictability of what you get. They shouldn't be uber items, but they should have pretty fixed stats so you know how such an item would fit into your build. They shouldn't be enchantable, because that kinda defeats the point of the runeword.

Obviously runewords that use rarer runes should be more potent than lesser, but the main advantage should be predictability.

Pretty much +1.

I'd allow them to have RNG at 1-2 stats at the NUMBER, but not at the property.

This is ok: [armor 625-750]

This is crap: [armor 625-750] OR [life regen 4000-7000] OR [crit chance 7%-10%] OR ...
    11. Real bosses at boss runs: no more "Perditions", "Voracities", "Sand Shapers", "Cold Snaps" or "Man Carvers". The real Rakanoth, the real Ghom, the real Zoltum Kulle, the real Izual, the real Butcher, etc when you end a rift. And all at their own chamber instead of in the middle of nowhere.

Their current state makes them look completely uninspired anonym dudes and lacking epic.

Why not [Go rift] -> [Kill mobs] -> [Fill the bar] -> [A portal spawns] -> [You click the portal] -> [You appear in front of a real boss' door] -> [Kill the boss] -> [Rift ends] ?
    More stash space and more character slots.
    Christmas wishlist:

1. Bring back one dead HC character for 2014 christmas
    2. New character! ie.Necromancer
    3. Add more barb weapon/skill synergy as seen with vanished peak
    4. Make Barb WW fury spender comparable to other spender skills. It does less damage than one DH turrent. Shameful.
    5. Start new season December 1.
    06/11/2014 22:47Posted by SygGangster
    Christmas wishlist:

1. Bring back one dead HC character for 2014 christmas
    3. Add more barb weapon/skill synergy as seen with vanished peak
    4. Make Barb WW fury spender comparable to other spender skills. It does less damage than one DH turrent. Shameful.
    5. Start new season December 1.

1 - That's not the spirit of HC, nor will it ever be. No thank you!
    2 - We already have a WD, although I do miss skills such as 'Corpse Explosion' ^_^
    What about charms? in D2 those were epic.....bring back charms that could help you with survivability if your lacking.....or Damage.....like small charms with 0.5% crit 15% crit damage, 30 All resists etc!.

Then you could have large charms with 35% increased damage to certain skills....making other builds viable if you find a good amount of % damage charms to that skill....Example...+35% increased damage to whirlwind. Add charms with % Magic find, Gold find, or even charms that add pure damage....like add 40-80 Damage to your weapon....i dunno u cud expand on this let me know what you think!
    06/11/2014 22:47Posted by SygGangster

Adding the Necromancer is like adding the Paladin.

Remember WD? Another poison-character summonning-character.
    05/11/2014 08:56Posted by Dazzed
    I was too lazy to read further after a few pages about what others suggested in this fine thread ;)

Dont be! It is good read. A lot of good suggestions.
    07/11/2014 06:24Posted by Voytas75
    05/11/2014 08:56Posted by Dazzed

Dont be! It is good read. A lot of good suggestions.

Indeed.
    i will love to see the pvp arena and for solo play more adventure modes i like to play solo so i will love to see some impruve on solo play and more modes not just rift grift and the bounty.
    Hmm, nice thread.. So here are the things I'd like to see in D3

-The ability to get some info (HP/resistances/..etc) on monsters when you target them like in D1.. But only after you kill enough of that monster type.. It's good to know if that hellish elite pack you are killing is resistant to fire so you don't waste time hitting it with fire attacks.

-The 2nd weapon slot from D2 that allows weapon switching... Possibly with a short cooldown.

-Hirelings that don't have any special skills like followers but can equip an item in every slot.. Like in D2.. Can be switched with followers at any town.

-More randomization in level layouts.. Current randomization is still limited.

-Slots on rest of gear slots (at least shoulders/gloves/boots).

-Bonus Magic Find the longer you can stay alive in softcore mode highest difficulty (T6) without quittng.. Bonus increases when you kill monsters and drops when you idle.. Think massacre bonus but with a much longer timer and bonus value drops gradually.. Will make softcore exciting again.

-A similar function to enchanting called maybe "boosting" or something.. Where you can choose to give a big boost to a single stat value on an item (boost 100% under player control) but with a 50% chance item might break in the process.. Could be a blacksmith or enhcantress service.

-More jewel effects per jewel (gloves and shoulders could make jewels do something different if they get slots).. Also Bring back elemental damage types on jewels (possibly an effect unique to gloves with sockets.. If you add sockets to gloves that is).

-Add interesting elemental side effects to all elements (which have like a 10% base chance to occur with every attack. And a 5% for a secondary effect) .. Cold damage chills and has a small chance to freeze, Fire damage has small AOE burn effect and a small chance to cause beasts on fire to flee, Poison damage lowers/corrodes physical defense, Arcane lowers magical/elemental defense and has a chance to charm enemies, Lightning damage stuns and has a small chance to chain between enemies no matter how far, holy damage knocks back and has a small chance to instant kill demons...these effects apply to any skill with that specific element or with any weapon that has said element.. Cause right now all elements pretty much feel the exact same aside from death animations and damage ranges.

That's all for now.. Have fun.
    10/11/2014 15:00Posted by KuroKishi
    Hmm, nice thread.. So here are the things I'd like to see in D3

-The ability to get some info (HP/resistances/..etc) on monsters when you target them like in D1.. But only after you kill enough of that monster type.. It's good to know if that hellish elite pack you are killing is resistant to fire so you don't waste time hitting it with fire attacks.

-The 2nd weapon slot from D2 that allows weapon switching... Possibly with a short cooldown.

-Hirelings that don't have any special skills like followers but can equip an item in every slot.. Like in D2.. Can be switched with followers at any town.

-More randomization in level layouts.. Current randomization is still limited.

-Slots on rest of gear slots (at least shoulders/gloves/boots).

-Bonus Magic Find the longer you can stay alive in softcore mode highest difficulty (T6) without quittng.. Bonus increases when you kill monsters and drops when you idle.. Think massacre bonus but with a much longer timer and bonus value drops gradually.. Will make softcore exciting again.

-A similar function to enchanting called maybe "boosting" or something.. Where you can choose to give a big boost to a single stat value on an item (boost 100% under player control) but with a 50% chance item might break in the process.. Could be a blacksmith or enhcantress service.

-More jewel effects per jewel (gloves and shoulders could make jewels do something different if they get slots).. Also Bring back elemental damage types on jewels (possibly an effect unique to gloves with sockets.. If you add sockets to gloves that is).

-Add interesting elemental side effects to all elements (which have like a 10% base chance to occur with every attack. And a 5% for a secondary effect) .. Cold damage chills and has a small chance to freeze, Fire damage has small AOE burn effect and a small chance to cause beasts on fire to flee, Poison damage lowers/corrodes physical defense, Arcane lowers magical/elemental defense and has a chance to charm enemies, Lightning damage stuns and has a small chance to chain between enemies no matter how far, holy damage knocks back and has a small chance to instant kill demons...these effects apply to any skill with that specific element or with any weapon that has said element.. Cause right now all elements pretty much feel the exact same aside from death animations and damage ranges.

That's all for now.. Have fun.

Good pointers
    Skill specialization:
    1) Every 100 paragon lvls player get 1 specialization point
    2) Each class can specialize in one offensive and one defensive skill (respecialization cost gold)
    3) Specialization in certain skill would change its mechanic as well as affect its dmg.
    Offensive skill specialization example: seven sided strike 5 powers (each can be raised up to 3 lvl):
    - Power hit: dmg of the skill is raised by: 1lvl: 20%; 2lvl 40%; 3lvl 60%
    - Concentrate: adds dash to opponent effect to all runes and allows player to decide which opponent will receive all hits, it he dies rest of hits will be directed randomly: 1lvl if the opponent does not die after receiving all 7 hits he will receive another 2, 2lvl if the opponent does not die after receiving all 7 hits he will receive another 3, 3lvl if the opponent does not die after receiving all 7 hits he will receive another 3,
    - Flow of power: reduces skill cd by: 1 lvl 15%, 2lvl 30%, 3lvl 45%
    - Real nature: changes dmg type of chosen rune into desired one also adds elemental effect characteristic for each element (cold – 2sec freeze, physical – mob dmg debuff, honly – 2sec blind, lightning – 2sec stun, fire – 3 sec burn effect which increases chance of infilicting critical dmg by 10%)
    - Diesperse: adds aoe effect to every rune BUT reduces skill dmg: 1 lvl aoe dmg affect 8m radius, dmg reduction -15%, 2lvl lvl aoe dmg affect 11m radius, dmg reduction -30%, 3lvl lvl aoe dmg affect 14m radius, dmg reduction -45%
    /blue-tag :-)
    So please feel free to post to your heart's desire people :-)

Seeing as you asked....

D1 and D2:LOD remade.
    Druid (wolf pets, giant wolf/bear transformation, nature spells)
    Necromancer (lots of skelly goodness)

:)

I'd also like barbarian to be a melee class instead of a short range caster. I hate ballerina (Whirlwind) and "mystic weapon" skills. If I'm using a 2H axe i want to hit things with a 2H axe!