(Windows 10) Stuttering and fps lag.

Technical Support
The past week I've been experiencing some really BAD stutter lag and overall performance drops. It might be because of the fact that Hearthstone isn't 100% optimized for Windows 10 yet seeing as it pretty much started once I upgraded to it.

And no, my computer is not the problem here. I can run any other game (LoL, Dota, Cs, HotS, you name it) without any problem whatsoever so yeah.

The stuttering sometimes go away for a couple of hours but then it comes back, and it usually happens when I play and draw cards, but also when I click on buttons (Shop, Arena, Settings, etc.).
I've heard from other players and friends that they have experienced the same thing so I'm pretty sure this isn't just my case. Dear Mods, could you please make further investigation into this?
Thanks.
Hi,

I've been experiencing the exact same issues since upgrading to windows 10.

Sadly hearthstone seems to be the only game I have which is suffering with the "upgrade" to the OS and it's rendered the game unplayable for me as playing with FPS drops/Lag is not acceptable.

Amazing how this happens just after I spent loads of cash on the game pre-ordering packs.

My PC spec is not the problem its down to the game not being optimized with windows 10, If anyone has figured out what settings need to be changed if any on our end that would be amazing, because Like I said I can't play with this at all.

Or maybe its an issue with DX12?

GPU Driver - 355.60 (updated today)
Spec - Windows 10 Home
Intel® Core™ i7 5950HQ processor
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 980M x2
16gb Ram

Please help ;(

Edit -

So after tinkering with a lot of settings I've managed to get the game to run smoother (still not great like before) and its to do with Nvidia Geforce Experience.

The resolution for "optimal settings" has changed to 2715 x 1527 DSR.

My normal resolution before I updated drivers/Windows was 1920x1080.

I didn't notice this option within Hearthstone before and when changing settings to optimal in it provides an error, but you can or I could change the resolution to 2715x1527 DSR ingame today and the lag has reduced heavily.
same issue
i have issue too after i upgrade my windows to w10 my hs dont working . when i start it i see only my mouse and blackscreen
Yep, same issue here after upgrading to Windows 10 ... lag after every card being played.

Specs:
Lenovo M5400
Windows 10
Intel i5
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 650

Edit: also tried deleting and re-installing HS, upgrading my video drivers, checking to see if there is an exception for HS in Windows Firewall.
Lags even while playing versus the Innkeeper with a basic deck.
Same here with windows 10, lag and stuff, also have to use task manager to end program because it freezes when I try to exit.
Same for me sooo boring lags, it's nearly impossible to play.
Same for me also. I have a very powerful gaming PC, used to never drop below 60 FPS. Now after Windows 10 is installed I get huge FPS lags when playing cards.

Has anyone found a solution yet?
Win 10. The same issue (lags, etc) since yesterday (after some updates I guess).

Try this:

-> Settings/Update&Security/Windows Defender/Add an exclusion/Processes

and add your Hearthstone.exe file

Works for me :)

Enjoy
I get terrible video lag issues after a disconnect. But i have Windows 7 (that did some update these days, so i dont think its only a Windows 10 issue).
21/08/2015 12:24Posted by Wingedhussar
Win 10. The same issue (lags, etc) since yesterday (after some updates I guess).

Try this:

Enjoy

Worked for me.
21/08/2015 12:24Posted by Wingedhussar

Try this:

Enjoy

Works for me as well. Ding ding ding, I think we have a winner. Thanks for this!
Try this:

I tried that but it still lags after every in-game action :(
23/08/2015 15:25Posted by SideofClouds
Try this:

I tried that but it still lags after every in-game action :(

Try to exclude all Hearthstone folder.
the windows defender thing didnt work for me as mine isn't activated, WTF
Same here with hearthstone in windows 10 pro x64, i have lag in gameplay, windows defender -> Settings/Update&Security/Windows Defender/Add an exclusion/Processes
not help me
Apparently the problem might be caused by using a deck tracker (which I am).
More info for the solution here https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3acjgl/important_lag_fix_found_for_those_affected_after/

Edit: "Basically Windows Defender gets silently triggered by the logs created by Hearthstone and slows Hearthstone down." - says someone on reddit
Same issue, but I believe it starts right after I use Flamestrike (which is not rendered very well, as a translucent black square appears along with the flames). It may not be the cause, but I've observed the lag/fps drops right after the effects of the card having taken place.
aargh wont let me add an exclusion :(
same here +1......................................