Horrible game, Repetetive, too much RnG

General Discussion
I've played since the beta, and I know how it works, people create good decks, and everyoen starts copying them. I think this is the limit for me, and a lot of people I know are feeling the same way. It's simply not enjoyable any longer. There is less and less skill being implemented with every expansion. ''Discover a card'' ''Get a random card'' mixed in with drones of people playing the exact same decks. I am currently hovering in between rank 6-8 and it's simply unbearable. I'm really trying to not get too triggered.. But just seeing a hunter or rogue at this point renders me a little sad. I don't know what drives people to play those decks and I don't know why Blizzard made it like that. Is it fun for anyone when the rogue completes the quest at turn 4? The only way you beat it, is if they have a really poor starting hand or if you get really lucky with your ''random'' effects. I thought about it joining the Hunter hordes, but I can't. I don't know why I would. What's the purpose? I am actively helping destroy the game I like to play. I know that people are running from this game faster than ever currently because of the meta being extra toxic right now and even less enjoyable than ever. The question is. Can hunter be nerfed? The individual cards seem ok to me. But somehow the deck is simply too strong. In case it could be nerfed, I have no credible solution what to nerf. The rogue quest just seems too easy to complete. Maybe play 5 of the same minion, or make the completed quest cost 7 mana or something. Quest warrior is strong too, but atleast it gives you a chance to respond. Most decks right now requires no thought, just ignore the actual game mechanics making the game fun. Anyway, that was my rant.

Good luck to Blizzard keeping this game alive! I hope you succeed, but the present game state is unbearable!
If there was no randomness, it would be like chess. Chess is a wonderful game but requires a lot of dedication and skill. Chess games are rather boring to watch, too, unless you are a dedicated player yourself.

Randomness in Hearthstone gives a chance to players to beat better players, once in a while, like David & Goliath! It also makes games more interesting & thrilling, waiting the next draw to reveal itself, watching where those missiles will land. It makes each game different than the previous one, even when the two same decks face each other again.

I do not think the game is in any kind of peril right now. It is an established game, with a huge playerbase following and creating content about it. There are tournaments and gatherings, sponsors, big prizes, a very dynamic market around it.
Players ranking plays fast decks to determine the outcome in a shorter amount of time, saving their time. Many people don't really rank for the enjoyment, but for rewards or some even competitive play. Ranking to legend isn't really designed to be for every Hearthstone player.

Faster decks are strong, since it most of the time takes time to draw good answers. If you manage to answer a fast deck you are either lucky or playing a fast deck yourself.

In wild every class have access to better anti-agro tools (ex. Annoy-o-Tron, Deathlord, Sludge Belcher, etc) making it more likely to gain board and later win. These alternatives doesn't reliably exist in standard.

That said I hope something is done about Quest Rouge. Even in wild Quest Rouge is a pain to deal with, even if you deal with a board filled with 5/5 they just keep coming.

Regarding random effects, they have increased over time and it is more and more difficult to "adapt" to the situation. I think cards with choices are good, but I would like to see more of them to be fixed choices like RafaaAAm The SUprEEme Archeoologist ^^
There are people who hit legend consistently with the RNG, so you're making excuses.

You can either moan about stuff like this, or read the meta and construct your own decks to counter it.

As for netdecking, you should also understand that you need to play /with/ the meta sometimes.
19/04/2017 19:46Posted by Zakalwe
There are people who hit legend consistently with the RNG, so you're making excuses.

Great point, very similar to one about poker being a luck or skill based game. If the same people keep appearing in the top spots, variance is not a problem to them.
I agree the meta if it stay's with only dino hunter,qrouge's and agroo warr the game will be unbarable to play with.

But! i dont think the rng is that big in ungor as aopose to...Dr.Boom and the shreaders with the whole rng packege GvG expansion brought.If anything that expansion was the mother load of rng.
19/04/2017 19:51Posted by Vlad

Great point, very similar to one about poker being a luck or skill based game. If the same people keep appearing in the top spots, variance is not a problem to them.

Actually. the same people don't keep appearing in poker, the same people often get invited to the big tournaments. ( yes I follow poker ) Surely good players will be seen more often, like I recognize good Poker players I do as well recognize good hearthstone players, but the fact that cards like Yogg Saron is even in this game says what you need to know. Why do we need cards we can't control? Why is it fun to lose a game to a player who is just praying for RnG to be in his favor. I don't get it. Can't he just go play the lottery and leave Hearthstone to players who like to play around stuff and have answers. There are no answers for dumb random effects. Last game I just had lethal in hand, and the opponement priest played Yogg saron, and he cleared my board, healed for 20 ,gained 10 armor, and drew 3 cards. So I just the game to a complete fluke. It's getting tiresome. And don't start defending the Meta. If you play a deck with 0 decision making and just ignore everything, you are a d1ckbag!
why wouldn't people consistently hit legend if they devoted A LOT of their TIME and MONEY to do it like most of these top players do? most of them use HS as a full time job and invested thousands of $ in the game.

and poker...poker draws from the same deck...alot of heartstone matches feel like poker but poker with one player drawing from a deck from 2s to 7s and the other one from 8s to aces. and you can make reads in poker and not invest or fold....in heartstone you can make a perfect read and just get pounded up the azz with 0 chance of recovery

poker seems like a much much more skill based game than HS, and that says alot

You can either moan about stuff like this, or read the meta and construct your own decks to counter it.

As for netdecking, you should also understand that you need to play /with/ the meta sometimes.

That seems fair for Standard, but for Wild mode? A mode that was designed to be less effected by new cards? That should have been a melting pot for creativity and fun? Get out, please.
19/04/2017 22:38Posted by Ngalfar
That seems fair for Standard, but for Wild mode? A mode that was designed to be less effected by new cards? That should have been a melting pot for creativity and fun? Get out, please.

Why do you think this what the mode was "designed" for?! Wild has to do with rotation and power creep, not with *your* idea of what is fun. People have fun in different ways, you know!

Whatever the meta, Wild will always contain much more variety than Standard, since the pool of Wild Cards will constantly grow, while the number of Std cards will always be limited.
every cardgame has metas... and at the moment it's still too early to talk about encountering netdecks too often. i've tried 6 decks and they all seem to be viable, didn't copy a single one so i imagine there's still ALOT of wiggleroom in the current meta if my thrown together decks can make a dent in it. give it some time.

as for people copying decks: people are sheep + those decks are usually well balanced and therefor fun to play once in a while
19/04/2017 21:46Posted by Kripptrump
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Actually. the same people don't keep appearing in poker, the same people often get invited to the big tournaments. ( yes I follow poker ) Surely good players will be seen more often, like I recognize good Poker players I do as well recognize good hearthstone players, but the fact that cards like Yogg Saron is even in this game says what you need to know. Why do we need cards we can't control? Why is it fun to lose a game to a player who is just praying for RnG to be in his favor. I don't get it. Can't he just go play the lottery and leave Hearthstone to players who like to play around stuff and have answers. There are no answers for dumb random effects. Last game I just had lethal in hand, and the opponement priest played Yogg saron, and he cleared my board, healed for 20 ,gained 10 armor, and drew 3 cards. So I just the game to a complete fluke. It's getting tiresome. And don't start defending the Meta. If you play a deck with 0 decision making and just ignore everything, you are a d1ckbag!

I Agree with you..

People that compare poker to heartstone are just retards. In Poker a card is card not rng. lol

Also "pro" players dont just hit legend consinetly with any decks. They need to play agro after they reach legend they play another deck and claim that they hit this rank... with this deck.

Pro my !@# I see how much they struggle when they dont follow the meta.

Bull$%^- rng game, no more for me greedy *!@#s.
20/04/2017 08:49Posted by Fallen

[/quote]
Hahaha, I've been reading your crying posts for a while now, you keep complaining about anything you can think of but you also keep playing and posting about a game you hate!! What is wrong with you, mate?!
20/04/2017 09:14Posted by zizanio
20/04/2017 08:49Posted by Fallen

Hahaha, I've been reading your crying posts for a while now, you keep complaining about anything you can think of but you also keep playing and posting about a game you hate!! What is wrong with you, mate?!

The same thing wrong with everyone on forums. It's a cry for attention. Real quitters just quit without a word.

These people have no spine. If you claim so much hatred towards something, then quit. Walk away. Put your money where your mouth is. Money talks more than a thread like this.
19/04/2017 18:51Posted by Kripptrump
but the present game state is unbearable!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Bear with me, I'll think of a pun soon..
20/04/2017 10:58Posted by Azra
19/04/2017 18:51Posted by Kripptrump
but the present game state is unbearable!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Bear with me, I'll think of a pun soon..

Mishanthropy? Just a thought.
20/04/2017 11:03Posted by Xavathos
Mishanthropy? Just a thought.

hah, havent seen that one coming, WP!
http://mainememes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-23-at-5.49.34-PM.png