Current Arena Rules

General Discussion
Updated: 15 Nov 2017
  • Note: Neutral cards represent the baseline for all draft appearance rates.
  • On average, Arena runs consist of 60% Common, 28% Rare, 10% Epic, and about 2% Legendary cards.
  • Class minions are +100% more common than neutral cards.
  • Class Spells and Weapons are +175% more common than neutral cards.
  • Cards from the latest Expansion receive an additional +50% increase in their appearance rate.
  • The following cards are unavailable in arena:
    • Death Knight Hero Cards, Vicious Fledgling, Jungle Giants, The Marsh Queen, Open the Waygate, The Last Kaleidosaur, Awaken the Makers, The Caverns Below, Unite the Murlocs, Lakkari Sacrifice, Fire Plume’s Heart, Klaxxi Amber Weaver, Dark Arakkoa, Cult Sorcerer, Hooded Acolyte, Twilight Darkmender, Blade of C’Thun, Usher of Souls, Ancient Shieldbearer, Twilight Geomancer, Disciple of C’Thun, Twilight Elder, C’Thun’s Chosen, Crazed Worshipper, Skeram Cultist, Twin Emperor Vek’lor, Doomcaller, C’Thun, Dust Devil, Totemic Might, Ancestral Healing, Windspeaker, Sacrificial Pact, Sense Demons, Faceless Summoner, Succubus, Savagery, Soul of the Forest, Mark of Nature, Warsong Commander, Rampage, Starving Buzzard, Timber Wolf, Snipe, Mind Blast, Lightwell, Purify and Inner Fire.
  • Flamestrike and Abyssal Enforcer appear in drafts 50% less often.
  • Neutral cards from the Classic and Basic set appear 50% less often.
  • Popular cards had small drop rate changes to address class balance concerns.
  • The first two picks in an Arena draft are no longer more likely to include synergy-based cards.

We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!
omg stupid game!! just make a 12 victory on the arena and i get one rare card and 240 gold wtf !! are u sirius !! for 12 VICTORIS a legendary or at least epick card shod be nice and 240 gold omg
Can you please update arena rules? Thank you
Would you kindly take a look at your current "synergy system". I Find it very hard to believe that all these 3 times in a row I have picked mage, the 3 first cards are:

"Coldlight seer (battlecry), Devilsaur egg (deathrattle) and Gadgetzan auctioneer".
Even the card positions were the same. Just luck? No? I believe kripparian talked about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pFWxj8sOtY
Making a post named "Current Arena Rules" and not keeping it up to date. Classic blizzard.
It was NOT necessery to take of DK's, but whatever. Just shame :/
gamw t mouni ths mana sas i have one free ticket from arena and they dont play you have doing the arena gia ton poutso the arena now is !@#$ed
thx for ruining arena with this new retarded drafting system.... now every deck is insanely strong, cause u cant pick anything wrong... blizzard is always just interested in making as much profit as possible by attracting new beginners.... pls !@#$ more on game quality
my last few attempts at arena have me thinking never risk playing it again and i am a fairly new player
after my first 7 pick choices i had decided just to just concede as it was so bad

You are just !@#$ed up and ruining the arena mode this terrible draft system.thnx for that dear blizzard
[quote="176153074940"]Would you kindly take a look at your current "synergy system". I Find it very hard to believe that all these 3 times in a row I have picked mage, the 3 first cards are:

"Coldlight seer (battlecry), Devilsaur egg (deathrattle) and Gadgetzan auctioneer".
Even the card positions were the same.

Yeah, don't play Mage to start with. It's so annoying to play against. It's not good, it's annoying. I will almost never play it by nature: I think it's no fun at all and it doesn't give good results.
19/07/2017 08:31Posted by Zaerhinon
  • On average, Arena runs consist of 60% Common, 28% Rare, 10% Epic, and about 2% Legendary cards.
  • Cards from the latest Expansion receive an additional +50% increase in their appearance rate.
    • Death Knight Hero Cards, Vicious Fledgling, Jungle Giants, The Marsh Queen, Open the Waygate, The Last Kaleidosaur, Awaken the Makers, The Caverns Below, Unite the Murlocs, Lakkari Sacrifice, Fire Plume’s Heart, Klaxxi Amber Weaver, Dark Arakkoa, Cult Sorcerer, Hooded Acolyte, Twilight Darkmender, Blade of C’Thun, Usher of Souls, Ancient Shieldbearer, Twilight Geomancer, Disciple of C’Thun, Twilight Elder, C’Thun’s Chosen, Crazed Worshipper, Skeram Cultist, Twin Emperor Vek’lor, Doomcaller, C’Thun, Dust Devil, Totemic Might, Ancestral Healing, Windspeaker, Sacrificial Pact, Sense Demons, Faceless Summoner, Succubus, Savagery, Soul of the Forest, Mark of Nature, Warsong Commander, Rampage, Starving Buzzard, Timber Wolf, Snipe, Mind Blast, Lightwell, Purify and Inner Fire.
  • The first two picks in an Arena draft are no longer more likely to include synergy-based cards.

We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!
2% Legendary cards???????????????? sure thing, played against a golden paladin, after 4 legendaries i stopped counting.
WTF is THIS?!
Really.
Started arena.
Didn't get ANY good synergy. As hunter - three (THREE!) beasts, three mechas (and only one with magnetism), one secret. No legendaries. Two epics (really, from all choices - only TWO TIMES it offered me epic, and other 2 cards in that choices were no epics).

And in first match - I got warrior opponent, who had 6 drakes, including TWO DRAKE LEGENDARIES.
19/07/2017 08:31Posted by Zaerhinon

the makers say that arena is supposed to be fair but let me say I know the drafting isn't FAIR and here's how I know. my brother has been playing for years is level 60 has all the gold cards and legendary cards and I just started couple months ago, well we live in same house so we see our drafts and talk about cards and so on but he gets way better mana cards and the overall quality is so different between his draft and mine and I have arena companion to help and my brother but even hes like dude this is B>S>..
I looked up how they say its random and it's pretty confusing but I kinda got it. we have been comparing our drafts for past 2 weeks , and it's consistently unfair so why claim it is? he has more of a card selection and totally gets a better pick of cards with better mana then me every time. WHY?
IM GOING TO BUY THE OTHER CARD GAME THAT JUST CAME OUT BY THE MAKERS OF DOTA I THINK IT SEEMS FAIR AT LEAST
It would be great to have a live ladder in Hearthstone for the arena leaderboard. Like many people, arena is my favourite. I would just like an easy way to see my stats compared to other players please. Thanks!