how do you have fun playing paladin?

General Discussion
there are 2 paladin decks, the long live the control paladin and the long live the murlok paladin, but how are those fun? I get it, it is nice to struggle to reach turn 8 then play tirion and other of those things and it is also fun to smork... no, I don't get it, why does one play paladin? (I'm not talking about fun decks, fun decks like dinomany hunter, quest druid etc)
why anyone play anything? Different people have different meaning of fun. Who are you to judge them?

The same can anyone ask you about your deck that you are playing, no matter if you netdecked them or made them on your own
Paladin annoys me, every time I face them I end up with a full board and they topdeck lethal with Consec/Bonemare/Blessing/Spikeridged. Always a super close match but I always seem to lose to them.
I wanted to ask what people like in paladin but whatever, I'm a hater, actually I am, I hate that class and that's it, in my first days I refused to play hunter because people I know would hate on hunter players, I personally like hunter a lot, when it comes to smork the class is superior to any other aggressive class and when it comes to fun it is quite fun, I also hated mages, because I didn't know about eater of secrets, if I knew I wouldn't have to go to fatigue every match because I had to kill them twice (ice block reno, I played some kind of priest with the shifting shades I got and some other cards that I just loved)

now that I'm older in the game I can find fun in
mage
hunter
priest
druid
shaman
warlock
warrior
not rogue, I feel like I'm on the edge all the time or as if my deck was full of 0 mana deal 2 damage
and for sure not paladin, because the hate begun with me facing them in both arena (the class is broken in arena, there are plenty of cards that are just too powerful, they almost win the game by themselvs) and constructed (I ...don't like a lot of things here... )

if anyone is willing to tell me how they feel about paladin ...I don't mind
Paladin is the feelgood class: it teaches you the power of jolly co-operation (murloc army becoming stronger because they work together). Paladin also shows how the weakest units can grow into powerful fighters (Dude deck).
Had a murloc deck for a while and while it is fun to win with the little buggers, it gets old quickly. So now I'm mainly playing with an army of Dudes: the strong buffs coupled with an endless supply of little dudes (not to mention Karl and George) makes for a really nice deck. I usually just stick to Wild with them though: it's easier to build a complete deck around them there.
Answering Sheercold's topic question:

I never really enjoyed Paladin as a class in Standard. I played every flavour of Paladin in the JtU meta and Control Paladin was ok but I guess it's because I enjoy the control game plan on different classes.

In Wild things are a bit different. I like the mid range Dudes Paladin with only one secret because it kinda tells a story. I owe that vision to Mandatar really. His post and his deck really make feel I'm telling the story of the Silver Hand Recruits fighting adversity until the final victory. I also enjoy my Anyfin Paladin which ended up transforming into a control deck with a very strong finisher, something that Control Paladins often lack. It was until not so long ago my favourite deck.

The thing that excites me the most in Paladin currently is the options I still have open in Wild. I have a lot of things to try as long as I gather enough dust.
27/08/2017 16:26Posted by Sheercold
there are 2 paladin decks, the long live the control paladin and the long live the murlok paladin, but how are those fun? I get it, it is nice to struggle to reach turn 8 then play tirion and other of those things and it is also fun to smork... no, I don't get it, why does one play paladin? (I'm not talking about fun decks, fun decks like dinomany hunter, quest druid etc)

Like it was said before it depends on person to person. It can be said i Main paladin ( I play it the most). And honestely the reason i like it is that i can can outvalue my oponents very often and survive at the same time thanks to all the tools paladin has. I just enjoy the control gameplay of paladin and those nail bitting games wich feel so good to win after nearly loosing. I also play midrange, i can choose to go agro´ish or control´ish, wich is a versatility that i like.

But overall it depends on what one considers fun, while you say smorking can be fun i dislike doing it, by one side i dont like the feeling of aggro, i mean playng your cards and going face as much as possible to finish the game fast, it feels boring for me to do that.
I like paladin, it was the first class I tried to bring on ladder back in 2014. Much has happened since then. I never enjoyed the secret-paladin. In Wild all classes are very versatile. In standard they sort of pushed the divine shield version in the latest expansion, I am not a huge fan of the thematic.

The version that's viable in Standard are likely DK control paladin, or with a murloc package.

In Wild there's still room for a N'Zoth paladin, aggro paladin, zoo paladin, egg paladin, secret paladin, midrange paladin, murloc paladin, dude paladin and faster/slower versions of midrange paladin.

However, it's ok to not like certain classes though. In games with different style choices it is natural to like and dislike some. I still need to bring my warrior and druid to level 60, not because they were bad to play through the years, but simply because they've not my favourite.

For a long time (2 years?) Force of Nature + Savage roar was the staple finish that any deck had to compete against, it didn't dominate the meta, but defined the boundaries. Any deck too slow would be gulped up by the combo, specially after Emperor Thaurisian came along. I never liked playing the deck though, because it had one strategy: push out tempo play on curve, press the opponent till they die to pressure or you can pull the combo. I like puzzles, I like different win conditions and paths to victory. Some players love to steer the games though. By having a clear combo or win condition, you can diverge each game into your endswing. This is in a manner folding your game plan around RNG to make the outcome determined. Similar to how a deck like pirate warrior is all meant about who is the better killer.

What I mean to say is, when it comes to taste there is no right or wrong. Just play what brings your joy. All I can advice is to try your less likes classes now and then, see if they can surprise you in the future.
i had fun playing my "pimp my dragons" paladin, of course i lost most if not all games I played :>
thanks for the answers

27/08/2017 19:44Posted by Bruno
But overall it depends on what one considers fun, while you say smorking can be fun i dislike doing it, by one side i dont like the feeling of aggro, i mean playng your cards and going face as much as possible to finish the game fast, it feels boring for me to do that.

well I stopped calling my aggressive decks aggro or midrage decks, they usually are midrage and what I like about those is the combos I fill them with and the mindgames that show in every match, with many control decks the matches are less interactive less consistent and less demanding (sometimes we even have dead turns or depend on our enemies (board cands in hand plays mistakes) and that can let me down) I can't explain it 100% and only the ones who enjoy smork might understand but I really like the trill of the hunt with hunter
Paladin... Somehow it is supposed to be honorable class, but aggro is all I can see when I encounter paladin. God forbid someone to use brain and play the game for fun. Who needs to play honorable when you can just drop minions, silver hand recruits, buff them, hit face and that's the whole philosophy.

So, to sum up: if that big lump in your head called brain is bothering you, just play Paladin. You will surely deaden it to the very core after two or three rush games.
And you felt the need to resurrect a nearly one year old post, why?

How far back do you have to dig!?
Complaining about making 20 posts on the same subject while also complaining about resurrecting old posts
fine
currently I have 2 pally decks, both standard.

enchantadin and dragondin.

the names of the decks kinda give the theme away of them.

For me, it's more fun playing 'out of the norm' decks.
I don't really "enjoy" playing paladin - I have both a dudepala and oddpala, but those are simply out of necessity to complete quests when they pop out. But for me, Pally is a really boring class to play, can't really pinpoint why tho. I like to play against them tho.

@Zorth I need to try to make a "Dragondin" now! Sounds like a fun thing to try.
10/06/2018 19:04Posted by Zorth
currently I have 2 pally decks, both standard.

enchantadin and dragondin.

the names of the decks kinda give the theme away of them.

For me, it's more fun playing 'out of the norm' decks.
Cheers for that! I have 3 wild paladin decks, none is meta all are fun.