Pointless "Play"...back, forward, back...directionless.

General Discussion
What is the fun in the "play" section, when you never get further than from level 20 - level 19/18/whatever - I've never seen level 15 ?? you cant see the enemy you're about to fight, so you blindly have to accept that you will probably win 2, lose 1, win 1, lose 2 - never actually gaining any traction ??
Why cant it lock at each Level Number (19, 18, 17 etc)? Because I can play 10 games and never win 3 in a row, the effort/reward ratio is insulting. yes, insulting.
The "fix" I've read that you began in March 2017 is barely a fart in the wind to fix the obvious insulting imbalance.
And no, as like the majority of people playing this game, I don't own a vast number of legendary items for each class - which just end any game instantly and 'yawn-fully". I just have to concede and go and fill the toilet from my behind.....
bump
There is no fun in ranked. It's just grind with 1 deck vs copy pasted decks. Whether it's rank 20 or rank 10 or rank 1.

Blizz should have added a tournament mode, like they do for esports. Ladder grind is not fun.
30/08/2017 22:49Posted by Revan
Blizz should have added a tournament mode, like they do for esports. Ladder grind is not fun.

I'd sign up for this or leagues any day over rank.
I'm trying to determine the Rank of troll this post is...unfortunately I keep going from rank 25 to rank 24
and please dont start saying "you need to modify your hand" "bla bal" .....it's permanently stuck between level 20 and level 15......a pointless, directionless sequence of +1win/-1loss games....
30/08/2017 21:38Posted by Juicywet
What is the fun in the "play" section, when you never get further than from level 20 - level 19/18/whatever - I've never seen level 15 ?? you cant see the enemy you're about to fight, so you blindly have to accept that you will probably win 2, lose 1, win 1, lose 2 - never actually gaining any traction ??
Why cant it lock at each Level Number (19, 18, 17 etc)? Because I can play 10 games and never win 3 in a row, the effort/reward ratio is insulting. yes, insulting.
The "fix" I've read that you began in March 2017 is barely a fart in the wind to fix the obvious insulting imbalance.
And no, as like the majority of people playing this game, I don't own a vast number of legendary items for each class - which just end any game instantly and 'yawn-fully". I just have to concede and go and fill the toilet from my behind.....

Theres really not anything to Hearthstone. Again, you have the early phase, mid range phase and the GAME ENDING phase.

Who wins at game ending? Biggest library. How do you get that? P2W. I decided to play one more what a budget deck found online. Its a Priest. I got zip for draws. I killed 3 Despicable Dreadlords. Of course he has the Legendary (End Game Phase) change your heroes power to drain Life 3. Play Doom - destroy all minions get a card for each one that dies. Yeah okay - here P2W.

So why arent these godlike decks playing in ranked? Well in ranked they can only get so far and run into better P2W decks. So the siphon gold on the weaker decks.

Thats all Hearthstone is. Or the Power Creep if I want to stay in Blizzard forum terms. How strong is your deck? How did the RNG go? Well got no Taunts early. No Argus - No Turtleshell. I only have one out of crystals. So - the Warlock led the whole game. Sad part is is you have to play through it for the joy oh joy - exp. Couldnt figure out why he was destroying his demons until next turn. Ahh the even more UBER cards then me. The game was getting closer to being even - better play my epics and legendaries for the win.

Phase one - minor - phase 2 - game switches a little or a lot depending on RNG and game could be over. Phase 3? Who has the better legendaries? Winner.
What Blizzard should do...

Since many here say oh its skill its skill! Skill and experience!

Then let everyone make an Arena style deck in the beginning of the month and THAT deck plays month long in rank. Then you would have skill. MORE of it by far then constructed biggest bank account decks [or been here the longest]. Just the randomness of what you get to pick. Skill in picking and experience in sealed deck.

I know the Lords of the Ranked play wouldnt like this idea because who doesnt want the pot of gold at the end? Sadly its the people who dont need who get it.
after 6 hours of switching between characters, swapping in and out cards, attempting every possible alteration to modify game-winning opportunities......bah...i delete game.
Purposeless and totally pointless.
31/08/2017 01:09Posted by Juicywet
after 6 hours of switching between characters, swapping in and out cards, attempting every possible alteration to modify game-winning opportunities......bah...i delete game.
Purposeless and totally pointless.

Delete game, yes. You good, game bad.
31/08/2017 00:09Posted by Juicywet
and please dont start saying "you need to modify your hand" "bla bal" .....it's permanently stuck between level 20 and level 15......a pointless, directionless sequence of +1win/-1loss games....

Well, maybe you are just really bad at card games, it's ok - HS is not the game for you.
31/08/2017 00:18Posted by nimabi
Since many here say oh its skill its skill! Skill and experience!

If it aint skill and experience, what is keeping you to get higher rank?

RNG?

So you suggest more RNG, and you litteraly see the solution only in introducing a system that will allow you to luck out some wins? Pathetic, mate, PA-THE-TIC
Grinding ranked is a pain. Everyone just copy pastes decks. I never had the energy to continue past rank 10 for chest rewards, past that point you will face 3 maybe 4 different decks if you play several hours, how anyone can enjoy playing the same matchups over and over especially with how little variety hearthstone allows these matchups to have, until legend rank is a mystery to me.
Found this article today. Found it even more interesting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/hearthstone-journey-to-ungoro-casual-player-quests-a7680231.html
31/08/2017 16:59Posted by nimabi
Found this article today. Found it even more interesting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/hearthstone-journey-to-ungoro-casual-player-quests-a7680231.html

Since then the following changes occurred:
1. You can finish your daily quests with your friends which maximises the gold you receive since most of the gold collected is through the daily quests.
2. You can't open duplicated legendaries which directly affects the cost of crafting cards and expanding the collection making it cheaper.
3. You get one free legendary in the first 10 packs of an expansion. I won't go into much detail and you can run the math yourself, but with the non-duplicate legendaries, the probability of getting a legendary you want increases.

The article has been proved wrong on some accounts, for instance:

Singular cards have never dominated deck archetypes as heavily as with the introduction of Legendary Quests, a new card-type singular to Un’Goro. These cards require you to build decks around them and will no doubt help define this year’s meta.

This has been proven wrong and although some quest shaped the meta they never effectively defined it.

The logic of the cost being associated with the quests continued:

But, considering there are nine of these Quests, and each is basically a requirement for the majority of new deck archetypes, these have become almost essential additions to your collection.

And it is also incorrect. They are not essential, not even close.

There's a point that they make that is true and unfortunate for F2P players. The release of back to back expansions without any other adventure planned. This makes it more difficult for F2P players, especially new ones, to get larger expansions. They alleviated this with the points I described earlier but it's not even close to the power level that adventures allowed.

I hope that Blizzard keeps improving the offers to F2P players, especially when they are starting out. Building that initial collection, those couple of first decks, is very important for the user experience funnel.
Vlad 1791 posts - says it all .... indoctrinated and fully paid member of the "i beat lower payers of the game" club.
It says absolutely nothing other than I write really fast. Do you have anything useful to bring to the discussion or is your only point a personal attack?
im sorry if my suggestion that you have paid so much money gives you a bad feeling towards yourself.
you are clearly active in your posts, as you have been on this current thread. you seem to be well-versed in making sure you intelligently subdue the little guy.
Win 1 lose 1.

Put hungry crab in the deck because you face lot's of murloc decks, suddenly hearthstone decides to pitch you against lot's of mages instead, so you go to your deck and take out hungry crab for eater of secrets. Re-queue murloc decks again.

That's my experience, however i change my deck to suit the people i'm facing as soon as i re-queue it puts me against a different class.
01/09/2017 03:23Posted by Juicywet
im sorry if my suggestion that you have paid so much money gives you a bad feeling towards yourself.
you are clearly active in your posts, as you have been on this current thread. you seem to be well-versed in making sure you intelligently subdue the little guy.

Apart from the personal attacks and the assumptions you make about my personality, feeling and intentions, do you have any value to add to the discussion?