Regarding Deathstalker Rexxar

General Discussion
Greetings,

Many players have noticed that Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power does not include any of the new Beasts that were added with the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion.

Since then, some players have provided constructive feedback regarding the state of Deathstalker Rexxar, and we agreed that a change to the Hero Power was warranted.

As such, we will be updating Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power to include new Beasts going forward. Please be patient, as this is a fairly complicated endeavor and we may need to start with a smaller change before a more permanent solution is implemented. We don’t have a date for this change to share with you today, but we will provide more information once we have it.

Please also note that as new Beasts are released, we may need to mark some of them as exempt for various reasons, much like how King of Beasts is currently excluded from the pool of Beasts that Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power can pull from.

Thank you for providing constructive feedback. We see your love and passion for Hearthstone and believe that the best way to make Hearthstone better is to do so together.

See you all in the Tavern!
since you're here,can you do something about the darkness-evolve interaction?
i evolve a 3 mana minion into nothing,my enemy does not get any candles so the minion will never awaken,i'm stuck with a minion i cannot evolve or use in any way.
the minion's effect is not a battlecry either so i have the impression that the interaction is a bug to be honest.
Either way,the enemy should either get the 3 candles in his deck or the darkness should be removed from the evolve minion pool.
Well done Blizzard. Thank you. It is indeed one of the most fun cards to play, so it is nice to know that it will always retain its freshness with the updating pool of beasts. It is nice to see that you take into account the wishes of the players. As long as you plan to do it, take as much time as you wish/have to. We all know programming is not easy task.
12/12/2017 19:22Posted by Rainfall
since you're here,can you do something about the darkness-evolve interaction?
i evolve a 3 mana minion into nothing,my enemy does not get any candles so the minion will never awaken,i'm stuck with a minion i cannot evolve or use in any way.
the minion's effect is not a battlecry either so i have the impression that the interaction is a bug to be honest.
Either way,the enemy should either get the 3 candles in his deck or the darkness should be removed from the evolve minion pool.

The evolve shaman, is still an annoying s... to play against, this little SMALL out of favor evolve option is one for the crybaby books tbh. Talking about Shamans, they have so many options: Clear, single takeout, massive board buff (should be nerfed imo to +2 instead of +3 to minions.. / or that 0/x totems shouldn't be called "minions")

Anyway, with evolve you either win big, or lose, although you rarely lose and get crappier minions. You might even end up with Doomsayer, that's just the luck/bad luck you get from evolving. So it's a kind of frustrating/rediculous point of view you got tbh.
Blizzard, Can we have a mega thread of all the proposed changes. ive seen a lot on reddit but i know its a lot of work to look on multiple websites for suggestions. just a thought
With anything hindsight is a great thing but you develop these cards and you cant see what was going to happen with Rexxar hero power back in Frozen Throne in future expansions , that's a big issue .

Only solution would be to change the hero power like say has a pool of cards from each expansion which includes various abilities like life steal, charge , Taunt , wind fury , battle cry , summon, and so on .

Each pool should include the above but say 12 cards are in that pool from each expansion but you have a discover mechanic and choose 1 of the 3 or you could expand the list to 6 and the player has a choice , just an idea as reworking the hero power would be the only solution to the ever changing beasts per expansion release.
Maybe make the pool to choose only from 0 to 5 mana beasts (exclude legendary beasts as well), it should include stealth, poison, life steal, several battlecries, board wide effects like plus attack and charge etc. It would still be a wide pool but using, at least, mana cost as a filter might make identifying the pool easier.
19/02/2018 12:20Posted by Bokkafa
Maybe make the pool to choose only from 0 to 5 mana beasts (exclude legendary beasts as well), it should include stealth, poison, life steal, several battlecries, board wide effects like plus attack and charge etc. It would still be a wide pool but using, at least, mana cost as a filter might make identifying the pool easier.

They are already limited to beasts between 0 and 5 mana, simply to avoid creating unplayable minions.
At me on hearthsthone: Mich#21307
Its not difficult to adjust the card inclusion on each expansion its just down the coding and server access and the stations you use , either update the platforms or change the hero power. There lays the problem I see money for 1 card change costs a lot.
Easy to solve problem and surprisingly it's too much for Blizzard.
19/02/2018 19:00Posted by Phillybear
19/02/2018 12:20Posted by Bokkafa

They are already limited to beasts between 0 and 5 mana, simply to avoid creating unplayable minions.

aah ok, I'm dumb
So, any news? April is coming closer. With the rotation, Rexxar will lose access to all beasts from Mean Streets, Old Gods and ONiK in Standard and there still has been no new communication about a fix for Rexxar yet.... Time to step up your game, Blizz.
It happened

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/83wi2w/it_is_here/dvl3kyf/
In a game against a priest when he copy cards from my deck "Deathstalker Rexxar" went missing ! Bug ? most likely I guess.