Shudderwock and Lifedrinker Battlecry Animation Update

General Discussion
Recently, our players have had feedback regarding the Shaman card, Shudderwock.

We understand that the length of its Battlecry animation and other animations spawned from its Battlecry can be frustrating. In a future update, we will be doubling the animation speed of Shudderwock’s Battlecry so it will lessen the impact on the overall pacing of your current Hearthstone match. In addition, the amount of Battlecries Shudderwock can reproduce will be capped at 20.

We will also be speeding up the animation of Lifedrinker for similar reasons.

Thank you for your feedback, and we’ll see you in the Tavern.
Speed up an animation speed is good,I understand that,but what you wanted to do by destroying Shudderwock Lifedrinker deck?(the amount of Battlecries Shudderwock can reproduce will be capped at 20).Just don't understand why you want to destroy weak fun deck archetype(and future simmilar decks),which noone is playing seriously,by that move?Or does this just means,that only 20 battlecryes will be showed on?(Then it's ok)Ben just left and you already act like a pussies by doing unnecessary nerf to the card,which has 45% win rate.I remember,when there was a Ben,nerfing to a cards were doing only after long carefully testings.Is somebody changed?The funny thing that after 3 days after expansion nobody already were raging at it,yes it has long animation that may be fixed by its weak anyway,just funny original deck.
Please think carefully about more then just animation speed fix
Speed up an animation speed is good,I understand that,but what you wanted to do by destroying Shudderwock Lifedrinker deck?(the amount of Battlecries Shudderwock can reproduce will be capped at 20).
Or does this just means,that only 20 battlecryes will be showed on?

Totally agree, the only problem with this fun card is the animation speed. Making only 20 battlecries to act will make it not fun-killa-card, but just an arguably fun card with no actual value and winrate will drop even further.

But if it is limited to 20 battlecries...then at least Shudder owners should get a compensation and decide wanna they craft it again or not.
This idea has been suggested numerous times on this forum even years before Shudderwock has been designed. Please, give players option to skip all animation effects and simply apply resulting effect right away without showing it. If both players would opt-in this setting in their options, there is no animations delay. If only one of players would have it set and other did not, well, there is nothing that can be really done about it, but at least this solution will improve overall user experience by SIGNIFICANTLY speeding up duel for cases where both players have that setting turned on.
Better refund card costs for the most common shudderwock deck cards.....

I dont mind 20 battlecries but it really kills a brand new deck.
The problem was never the amount of battlecries it was the animation.

only the noobs cried nerf shudder, everyone else agreed animation.
25/04/2018 06:59Posted by vabankas

But if it is limited to 20 battlecries...then at least Shudder owners should get a compensation and decide wanna they craft it again or not.

How many times did you play a single shudderwock with more than 20 battlecries?
I only played against a Shudderwock deck four times. The only issue for me was the lengthy animation times. Now that's being sorted, fabulous, great. But that last little sentence. Capping the Battlecries it can proc at 20. 20? I don't think I've ever seen personally nor heard about a Wock proccing more than 20 Battlecries in a single game.

That seems a little like adding something on to placate the players that actually thought Shudderwock was/is OP.

But I digress. Thanks for sorting the Animation time out. That'll make it much more pleasant to face.
25/04/2018 11:11Posted by Koerperklaus

How many times did you play a single shudderwock with more than 20 battlecries?

it makes over 20 total battlecries on the second play, and among those 20 there will be utmost 2-3 damage dealing cries.
and in order for such cries to be played, you have to spend the cards up to turn 9-10.
limiting battlecries to 20 ones, will eliminate the next playable Shuddy as well as doubling the amount of his battlecries.

I've heard a number of times (just before the Witchwood expansion came out) a reply to a stupid question "What to do with cube warlock who plays N'Zoth on turn 9 and Guldan on turn 10?"
The reply was - kill that warlock by turn 8. Believe me, it is harder to kill fully packed warlock with cubes, voidlords and doomguards than a Shaman with flawed Shudderwock deck.
Make him into a spell instead. That way multiple 1-cost copies won't be returned to your hand from Grumble. Making him cap at 20 will not make this any better. On the contrary it will make the deck better since you won't burn cards and instead you can have a bunch of 1-cost wocks on tour hand to play the next round with a lifedrinker or saronite gang..

If you convert him into a spell he will only cycle once and never be returned to your hand.
25/04/2018 13:35Posted by Timily
Make him into a spell instead. That way multiple 1-cost copies won't be returned to your hand from Grumble. Making him cap at 20 will not make this any better. On the contrary it will make the deck better since you won't burn cards and instead you can have a bunch of 1-cost wocks on tour hand to play the next round with a lifedrinker or saronite gang..

If you convert him into a spell he will only cycle once and never be returned to your hand.

You make it sound like shudderwock is a succesful op deck. That is hilarious lol.
While speeding up the animation (any animation, but particularly this one) is good, and welcome, the Shudderwock card itself (particularly with Grumble and other combos) would, IMHO, be better removed from the game. It is, literally, a question of "watch the game dissolve" while 4 or 5 Shudderwocks happen to you. I lost a game (which I was winning at 40-2 with my opponent with no cards in his deck and taking damage) when multiple Shudderwocks spawned from the one he played - and it took several cycles of Shudderwocks to destroy my hand / deck. It is the only card I have seen in 14 months or so of play which, with no skill at all, leaves the player sitting there watching the screen dissolve. I'm not so fussed about losing, and I really enjoy the game, but playing against this, frankly, poorly designed card is both boring and unpleasant. Please either change how it triggers, or remove it.
Bruh
The hillarious words comes from Toast yesterday,when he tries to change some cards to actualise new verison of the deck with much less battlecries.He abadon the deck after just one game LuL,anyway,his waords about the nerf were:I think if I didn't populised the deck at day 1,people wasnt be so obsessed about Shuderwock...."sigh"..I take all for responsibility about this,it's my fault.*whispering*:"Its not your fault Toast".The biggest curiosity I have,if they will refund dust...I think they will,I think the public backlash if they dont refund dust for Shuderwock...The nerf was unnecessary.(talked about 20 battlecries cap)

Well,didnt play Shuderwock deck myself,so I want to play and test it till the nerf,then get dust back :)
25/04/2018 21:49Posted by Taro
Is this why Ben decided to leave? Because the rest of you decided that nerfing a unpopular card was really the right thing to do. the only fun thing about shaman is probably this meme deck but nah blizzard decides to do this instead. PLayers who play this deck knows they aren't exactly going to climb the ladder with the amount of warlocks and paladin out there. In fact let's be honest, about every other class has a fair chance of beating shudderwock as long as they dont take too long and make silly misplays.

"Unpopular"... lemme repeat that again "unpopular"... I don't like playing meta decks and all I face against is meta decks. I don't think shudderwock is unpopular, in fact shaman itself is the unpopular subject matter. Shudderwock increased the usage of shaman and there is probably no shaman players in standard that doesn't have shudderwock in their deck. Nerfing shudderwock to 20 battlecry is still enough to beat someone especially with the murmuring elemental + shudderwock combo. I don't understand why everyone is hating and "lying" that an "unpopular"(Yeah please lemme repeat that in your face) card is getting a minor nerf. I understand two things and that is that shudderwock players are complaining because they feel that their deck is greatly impacted by a minor nerf and the other is the topic matter about Ben Brode. Ben Brode left to start his own company and here I see people badmouthing a community manager just because they're salty over a minor change. I don't want to be spammed hate replies and you can dislike this reply as much as you want as if I would care but acting toxic because your only winrate card in your deck is being nerfed by a little doesn't explain to me why you're hating a community manager. Shudderwock is an "architectural deck" so you probably played Zola or grumble with chained gang so I don't get why your complaining when you can play it again next turn. I can read your mind. Haters here are probably going to say that limiting to 20 battle cry limits the otk and I will be defeated next turn. There is always glacial shards in shudderwock and its only 40 dust so everyone can include it(Uhm people asking for refund to dust).
Edit: There are many other architectural decks but/most of them don't otk or relies on pure luck which this game solely revolves around so call it bad luck that the only deck you have and play is being nerfed. If you're salty and toxic then whine to the wall as whining does nothing and life is life as game patches is game patches so deal with it and don't release your anger at a community manager.
-IChillout
I would like to disenchant my card for this reason, and i hope i get full refund for it.
Thank you.
Someone who already updated for android, could you tell me the size of data in mb?