Reporting Players

General Discussion
Why is there no report button in this game? I find it frustrating because I have come across a lot of very offensive names. I'm personally not an African American but i would assume that it would offend some people that are African American, in the case i'd like to show here.

So this player "YouAreA!@#$%" added me after losing. You can already see that his name is very offensive. I assumed that he wanted to talk trash but I accepted the request anyway just to see what he has to say. He proceeded to say things like
"^-*! you kid your adopted"
"feels bad to be @#$%ing black+adopted huh"

This goes on for a bit, but i only managed to screenshot a bit of the conversation, because i searched online and found out that it would only be possible to report in Hearthstone by adding the player. I did report him for harassment but my point here is, why is there no report button for such occasions? Mainly probably for offensive names, because you can probably assume what players that lost would say to you after they add you, so it's somehow your discretion if you want to add them or not. But please Blizzard, at least give players the option to report stuff that should be reported.

P.S., I would post a screenshot, but to be honest i don't know how to. (In the create topic portion)
To be clear his name is, "YouAreAN****" N**** is the N word, to those that did not get this because it's censored
Because it would get abused, just imagine all the salty false reports they’d get.

For example if someone is willing to add and abuse you for beating them, do you think they wouldn’t report you if you gave them a button?

It’s sad that such individuals exist but giving them extra tools to annoy people wouldn’t solve the problem.
A very large majority of Hearthstone players are sad useless !@#$wits, very small and simple minded, more than likely be dead before they're old. Do what I ALWAYS do, Squelch, don't question it, just squelch, you are not going to meet kind caring people in this game, as you have learned. For some reason a large portion of people who play games today are very dirty wortless hateful people. Look at COD online, from MW2 I stopped playing online games like that completely as 99% are racist verbally abusive angry hate filled animals who probably spend their days sitting around unemployed smoking weed and being completely pointless people. Always squelch, NEVER accept a friends request, polite gamers in 2018 in any game are 1 in 1000. Look at youtube, when it comes to gamers it's all dramas and they're all like manchilds. I like this game but hate the community, of course if you're a good kind person I don't include you in this. The people you're playing don't know it but they're very depressed, all they have in life is the abuse another human button, reaching a pointless rank in a tiny game is their biggest achievement in life, it's all they have, once they turn their games off where they can abuse people they're left wondering why life has given them a dead empty poor life, but it's their fault not the worlds. If I am wrong then tell me why a happy joyful caring fulfilled in life person would go out their way to be such pricks, they wouldn't. Squelch the worthless meat bags always
I think, there should have been reporting button in game, but as you already noticed, there is possible to report player on contacts list.

Also, I find his nickname and context in which it was used to be racist, but I sincerelly do not understand crusade against so called N-word. First of all, there are situations and contexts, when it is not meant as an offense. Even so, when person with black skin says it, it is not considered to be bad word.

Also I am very genuinely interested how is looking education in American basic schools. At example, there are 2 states in Central Africa with their official names being Niger and Nigeria. Is it allowed to say those official names of African states? Are children taught those names in American basic schools? What exactly is cause of crusade against N-word that it is not meant to be spoken just like name of dark lord Voldemort? I really do not understand it, but I also never lived in USA or UK, so I may be not fully aware of whole history connected with that expression.
I would suggest using google as a HS forum really isn’t the place for this discussion. Niger and Nigeria are named after the river and have nothing to do with the diffently spelt racial slur.
26/12/2018 16:10Posted by JaceBeleren
Why is there no report button in this game?
There is. Not in Hearthstone itself, but in the Launcher. You can review the chat history with your friends, and there is a report option in there.
well cant see the name it got @#$# by the forum...
A lack of ingame chat makes it kinda obsolete.

The lack of ingame chat may be a good thing (in certain aspects, that is).
Having played league of legends for quite a while you can't imagine what I've come across. The offensivr username you've mentioned in the op is nothing compared to the stuff that was written in league of legends.
26/12/2018 16:10Posted by JaceBeleren
I accepted the request anyway

Why though?
26/12/2018 18:56Posted by Motylek
I think, there should have been reporting button in game, but as you already noticed, there is possible to report player on contacts list.

Also, I find his nickname and context in which it was used to be racist, but I sincerelly do not understand crusade against so called N-word. First of all, there are situations and contexts, when it is not meant as an offense. Even so, when person with black skin says it, it is not considered to be bad word.

Also I am very genuinely interested how is looking education in American basic schools. At example, there are 2 states in Central Africa with their official names being Niger and Nigeria. Is it allowed to say those official names of African states? Are children taught those names in American basic schools? What exactly is cause of crusade against N-word that it is not meant to be spoken just like name of dark lord Voldemort? I really do not understand it, but I also never lived in USA or UK, so I may be not fully aware of whole history connected with that expression.

You speak English, you are on the internet. I think it is safe to assume you do know the negative connotation of that word. Playing dumb is not a good thing to do.
28/12/2018 12:02Posted by Darkaiat
26/12/2018 18:56Posted by Motylek

You speak English, you are on the internet. I think it is safe to assume you do know the negative connotation of that word. Playing dumb is not a good thing to do.

Oh come on, the whole witch hunt started only about 2 years ago. Before that people were able to use the N-word, be sexist or make sexist jokes. Now with the reign of SJWs on Twitter everything can potentially be offensive to anyone, touching/talking to a woman = sexual harassment, LGBT are the most divine community on earth and if you insult them you should kill yourself and straight white men should be shot on sight. Everything is racist and/or sexist, political correctness is the law and you should always make a public apology after offending someone.

Except white people of course. White people are the ones that came up with this sh*t and it's okay to be racist against them. It's also okay to call them white, but every other ethnicity should be called by their "right name" (eg. African-american, Aboriginal, etc.).

It's f*cking retarded and I hate it.
26/12/2018 19:14Posted by Ixnay
I would suggest using google as a HS forum really isn’t the place for this discussion. Niger and Nigeria are named after the river and have nothing to do with the diffently spelt racial slur.

But the word Niger is derived from the latin word niger, meaning black.
28/12/2018 14:13Posted by Chicharito
26/12/2018 19:14Posted by Ixnay

But the word Niger is derived from the latin word niger, meaning black.

Correct. It derives from latin "Niger" and later Spanish and portuguese "El Negro" meaning black in a often condecending way. True story