Goodbye everybody

General Discussion
Hello fellow forum users, I am going to stop playing Hearthstone and do not plan comming back, but before that, I want to thank you for being good companions and partners in numerous discussions.

Before I leave, I want to also give final feedback to Blizzard. First of all, this is not decision on impulse or whim, I came to that decision for numerous long lasting reasons, which just all added up cumulatively to make total sum. I will try to make clear list of the most important ones. But before that, I want to mention, that I started playing Gwent after it came out of beta in autumn 2018 and I experienced completely different approach, than what I know from HS. I was playing Gwent more and more and HS less and less. Now back to those reasons.

1) long lasting ignorance of long lasting repeatedly ocurring requests/pleas
I do not want to count how many times was permanent mute all opponents button requested in forum, but it is for sure counting tens of topics, if not comming close to hundred. I personally repeatedly asked for at least taking care of emote threats, which were absolutely unbearable for me and there is no use of examining my reasons, why I do not like them, it is just about giving players option, which was requested many times and it would not be forced to anybody if it would have been in opt-out form (that means, players who dislike emotes, would have to specifically "unsign" from emotes). Gwent has permanent mute for all opponents in settings in out-out form and it means for me more than you could imagine, Blizzard. Also I personally find those emotes much less offensive, than threats in HS and also in my experience, they are not misused in such degree, like in HS. Even if player has not permanent mute all opponents set in settings, it requires just 1 click to mute current opponent in current duel, unlike 2 clicks in HS.

2) misconception of HS design and its relevance to ranked system
I played HS for about 2 and quarter years and I notice how much HS has changed. In my opinion HS started with casual players in mind to give them casual game, which they can relax with. But later I noticed significant focus on esports, with game, unfitting for it. As would be fitting for casual game, HS has significant amount of randomness incorporated. I do not mean things like card draw etc, I mean things like Priest copy cards, discover mechanic, adapt mechanic, Ragnaros etc. While randomnes is great for casual game, it is completely unsuitable for tough competition, for serious environment. In other words, in my opinion, HS ended as casual game used for super competitive purposes, which is completely opposing nature of game. This push of HS into very competitive sphere has significantly affected ranked system, which is constantly continualy toughening and which is unplayable for new or casual players. That also kind of forced introduction of 26-50 ranks and several other updates to ranked mechanism (including floors or rank 20 floor for players who ever reached rank 15+), but it is still not enough and I was suggesting fundamental change to ranked system since year 2016, which was my first year of playing HS. I saw instantly, that ranked system is fundamentally flawed and can not sustain and you can just try to count how many times ranked system changed since that, but there are still occuring requests for correction of matchmaking. Btw, those requests to change matchmaking are not fair and those, who request it, are in my opinion not seeing big picture, however I mention those requests as sign of discontent of players, because in their opinion, something is not right, they just are unable to name it precisely. In my opinion, flaw is in ranked system and matchmaking is working properly, but result of such hypothese is, when you have properly working matchmaking, but you have flawed ranked system, which is giving improper input to matchmaking algorithms, result of that is also flawed, but not because of matchmaking, but because of flawed ranked system.
Contrary to that, I see Gwent as game with much more serious approach, where randomness has significantly smaller window to affect game result. I do not have anything against randomness in game, I have problem with casual game with lots of randomness being used for serious competition, where in my opinion randomnes does not belong. Randomness is for fun, for party etc. Also Gwent definitely does not have ranked system like HS, where 50% of players is below rank 16. In Gwent, ranks are much more equally spread throughout ranks with exception to professional bracket, which could be compared to legendary rank in HS. There is simply limit of 500 top players in professional rank and then rest is spread through ranks 30 to 1.

(splitting post because of lenght limit)
3) misconception in game balance
This is even more subjective topic, than those two above, but I think, HS is not balanced well. First of all, it is difficult to balance 9 classes and make continually new expansions where developers try to make 9 classes to be distinctively different from each other, so HS has tougher position already from start due to choice of having so many classes. That does not necessarily means, it is impossible to do balancing of game, it just means, it will need more than average effort to do so. I think HS failed at that and in my opinion, HS developers are unable to ensure better ballance, than there currently is. I have impression, that they often walk around in ballancing patches instead of going right into core of problem. In my opinion, they are trying, but they are unable to do well enough. (I warned you, dear reader, that this is more subjective topic. :-p)

4) complete decline trend in single player content
I already wrote summary on this theme in topic https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/17625462440 so I want to point out only the main things. I paid real money for HS adventure and did not regret it, I did not request adventures to be free, I enjoyed HS adventures much more than missions or runs, I am very discontent with decreasing quality trend in single player content. I bought Gwent single player content Thronebreaker and I was VERY EXCITED of that cards expansion, much more excited than in HS. Blizzard, it was your choice to make single player content for free and I am not aware of any player requesting it to be free, thus there is no valid excuse to literally abandon any effort of providing good quality HS single player content, especially, when you, Blizzard made official statement, that reason for discontinuing adventures is to support telling story of expansion. Thronebreaker supports story of Witcher world, Rastakhan Rumble is not close to any story even if you would examine it under microscope.

5) There are more reasons for me, like things related to HS user interface design (which were also requested many times), forum posting issues, communication with users, customer support and some other minor things ..., which are more and more subjective matter and lesser and lesser importance and I do not want to mention everything in detail. What I want to mention, minor things are easy to overlook, if there are some other more significant pluses. When player sees improvement on major matters, minor things are forgotten. However if there is discontent on major things, minor issues are not forgotten, they just sum up to total. Why do I mention it? I want to point out that ignorance on long lasting issues will make minor things more important and I subjectively feel significant amount of Blizzard ignorance towards major issues related to HS. IT all just adds to loss of interest and fun to play HS, which is what happened to me, because of above mentioned reasons.

So, that is it. Goodbye everybody and have a good luck. ;-)
That's a shame. You've been a constant presence for me on these Forums since I joined..

Good luck in future endeavours and I might see you on the Gwent Forums ;)
Farewell, mate.

See you in Mahakam ;)
I still remember when you called me manipulative and after q few replies I lost it and got banned :))
In my opinion I will miss you the most :'(
I don't play Gwent but it might be a good idea to give your username tgere for those who play
Too bad to see one of the select group of regulars that constantly post quality content leave. But I respect your reasons and whishes.
Enjoy Gwent, and I wish you good fortune in your life!
13/01/2019 10:01Posted by Motylek
long lasting ignorance of long lasting repeatedly ocurring requests/pleas

They said the reason they don't plan to add permanent squelch is because emotes are the only way of talking with your opponent.

13/01/2019 10:03Posted by Motylek
misconception in game balance

It's not that it's hard to balance 9 classes. They refuse to make balances because of the following reasons:
1) It would give the impression that the game is badly designed
2) It would hurt the feelings of those who invested in those nerfed cards and it will reduce their trust in the game. In other words, they won't pre-order anymore packs because they will be afraid those cards will get nerfed
3) The players won't bother finding a way to counter problematic cards, they'll just wait for Blizzard to nerf them
4) Some problematic cards can be fixed with new expansions or new rotations

Anyway, thanks for playing this beautiful game. See ya!
@Andrei I believe Moty was talking about making the game balanced while making the cards and mechanics, not when people complain about loosing
13/01/2019 10:01Posted by Motylek
Hello fellow forum users, I am going to stop playing Hearthstone and do not plan comming back, but before that, I want to thank you for being good companions and partners in numerous discussions.

Before I leave, I want to also give final feedback to Blizzard. First of all, this is not decision on impulse or whim, I came to that decision for numerous long lasting reasons, which just all added up cumulatively to make total sum. I will try to make clear list of the most important ones. But before that, I want to mention, that I started playing Gwent after it came out of beta in autumn 2018 and I experienced completely different approach, than what I know from HS. I was playing Gwent more and more and HS less and less. Now back to those reasons.

1) long lasting ignorance of long lasting repeatedly ocurring requests/pleas
I do not want to count how many times was permanent mute all opponents button requested in forum, but it is for sure counting tens of topics, if not comming close to hundred. I personally repeatedly asked for at least taking care of emote threats, which were absolutely unbearable for me and there is no use of examining my reasons, why I do not like them, it is just about giving players option, which was requested many times and it would not be forced to anybody if it would have been in opt-out form (that means, players who dislike emotes, would have to specifically "unsign" from emotes). Gwent has permanent mute for all opponents in settings in out-out form and it means for me more than you could imagine, Blizzard. Also I personally find those emotes much less offensive, than threats in HS and also in my experience, they are not misused in such degree, like in HS. Even if player has not permanent mute all opponents set in settings, it requires just 1 click to mute current opponent in current duel, unlike 2 clicks in HS.

2) misconception of HS design and its relevance to ranked system
I played HS for about 2 and quarter years and I notice how much HS has changed. In my opinion HS started with casual players in mind to give them casual game, which they can relax with. But later I noticed significant focus on esports, with game, unfitting for it. As would be fitting for casual game, HS has significant amount of randomness incorporated. I do not mean things like card draw etc, I mean things like Priest copy cards, discover mechanic, adapt mechanic, Ragnaros etc. While randomnes is great for casual game, it is completely unsuitable for tough competition, for serious environment. In other words, in my opinion, HS ended as casual game used for super competitive purposes, which is completely opposing nature of game. This push of HS into very competitive sphere has significantly affected ranked system, which is constantly continualy toughening and which is unplayable for new or casual players. That also kind of forced introduction of 26-50 ranks and several other updates to ranked mechanism (including floors or rank 20 floor for players who ever reached rank 15+), but it is still not enough and I was suggesting fundamental change to ranked system since year 2016, which was my first year of playing HS. I saw instantly, that ranked system is fundamentally flawed and can not sustain and you can just try to count how many times ranked system changed since that, but there are still occuring requests for correction of matchmaking. Btw, those requests to change matchmaking are not fair and those, who request it, are in my opinion not seeing big picture, however I mention those requests as sign of discontent of players, because in their opinion, something is not right, they just are unable to name it precisely. In my opinion, flaw is in ranked system and matchmaking is working properly, but result of such hypothese is, when you have properly working matchmaking, but you have flawed ranked system, which is giving improper input to matchmaking algorithms, result of that is also flawed, but not because of matchmaking, but because of flawed ranked system.
Contrary to that, I see Gwent as game with much more serious approach, where randomness has significantly smaller window to affect game result. I do not have anything against randomness in game, I have problem with casual game with lots of randomness being used for serious competition, where in my opinion randomnes does not belong. Randomness is for fun, for party etc. Also Gwent definitely does not have ranked system like HS, where 50% of players is below rank 16. In Gwent, ranks are much more equally spread throughout ranks with exception to professional bracket, which could be compared to legendary rank in HS. There is simply limit of 500 top players in professional rank and then rest is spread through ranks 30 to 1.

(splitting post because of lenght limit)

The perfect decision. Congrt.
Was going to say something witty and then noticed who is the OP, bah, that actually made me sad. GG and GL, mate

13/01/2019 18:36Posted by ExarKun
The perfect decision. Congrt.

Begone you gnarly, troll. R-ed for spaming
Good luck, have fun with other games and in real life. I've always appreciated your comments here. You've always been able to make your point and I found them interesting to read, no matter if I agreed or not.

Bye!