Windows 8.1 crashes when running Hearthstone

Technical Support
EDIT #4:
I believe I've tracked down the culprits of the issue to ntoskrnl.exe and/or ntdll.sys after analyzing the crash dumps that were generated recently. Not sure what to do about that yet, but I'll try and figure it out tomorrow. Suggestions are welcome.
__________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT #3:
I ran the following DISM commands:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

No corruption was detected and the problem still persists.
__________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT #2:
Unfortunately crashes still happen... Happened two times today before I could get in a game.
The crashes are different this time around though. The first time everything just froze and I had to do a hard shut down. The second time I got a BSOD saying CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

This time I got a memory.dmp file, but it's 505MB large. How should I go about extracting the relevant information from it to reduce the size so I can share it here?

EDIT #1:
I still need more time to test it, but last night I managed to play a quick game without crashing.

The issue might have been caused due to Hearthstone being unable to write data to the C drive (more specifically in the AppData\Local\Blizzard folder). Failing that, it would write that data in the root of the D drive which caused problems.

ORIGINAL POST:
I recently did a fresh re-install of Windows 8.1 and now whenever I try to play Hearthstone, the entire system randomly crashes. I've added pastebin links of some reports below.

DXDiag: https://pastebin.com/VKNK8tKF
MSInfo: *removed*
HS all.log: *removed*
HS error.log: *removed*

More information about the crashes can be found below:

When it crashes, there is no way to get it back since everything becomes unresponsive. All running programs shut down, the desktop background turns black and all shortcuts return a message saying something similar to "Can't find the target. It might have been removed, renamed or deleted.".
Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL returns a message saying "Failure to display security and shut down options". The only thing left for me to do at this point is a hard shut down.

On top of this, neither Windows nor Hearthstone leave any crash dumps, even though all options for them to do so are checked. (EDIT: Latest crash has left an error.log in the Hearthstone folder. Pastebin link added at the top.)

Things to note:
- Windows is up-to-date and so are all hardware drivers.
- Video driver settings are set to default. No hardware is being overclocked. No overheating takes place. Task manager shows no abnormal resource usage at the time of the crash.
- Both the Memory Diagnostic Tool and ScanDisk return no errors.
- Other programs/games, even those that require a lot more resources (e.g.: Elder Scrolls Online), run without problems.
- Event Viewer occasionally warns me about Hearthstone accessing my location, saying "A program accessed information from a location sensor or default location.". (I doubt this could cause issues though, but no other programs do this.)
- Occasionally I run two instances of HS and when I do, it seems to crash faster (before I even have time to start a game). This could just be a coincidence though.

Things I've already done:
- Turn off all unnecessary programs before running Hearthstone.
- Lowered the graphics quality of Hearthstone to the minimum.
- Added an exception for hearthstone.exe to my anti-virus (Kaspersky).
- Reinstalled Battle.net and Hearthstone.
Good morning Cowtastrophe,

Please follow the steps of our Hearthstone Lockups and Crash Errors support article, including the advanced steps if needed.

Anyway I believe I already resolved the issue as the problem didn't occur the past 2 days, but further testing will tell for sure.
I discovered Hearthstone was trying to write data on the C drive but failed. Data that normally needs to be written to C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Blizzard\Hearthstone. Upon failing this it would write the data in the root of the D drive, which is the drive where HS is installed, and this would cause issues. (Battle.net on the other hand is installed on the C drive.)
Unfortunately crashes still happen... Happened two times today before I could get in a game.
The crashes are different this time around though. The first time everything just froze and I had to do a hard shut down. The second time I got a BSOD saying CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

This time I got a memory.dmp file, but it's 505MB large. How should I go about extracting the relevant information from it to reduce the size so I can share it here?
Thank you for providing the files and the updates, Cowtastrophe!

Could you please activate Windows Secondary Logon service? Please create also a new administrator account, use it to launch the game and see if the issue persists.
19/01/2019 11:22Posted by Cowtastrophe
It's not possible, but that file shouldn't be required either. :)