Guy ropes every turn after taking action

General Discussion
A player roped me every turn after taking action, so I started recording as proof.
He added me after, so I could get his full BattleTag.
He probably does this to get other players to concede for an easy win.

Some things upfront:
I reported him through the social tab already.
I am not posting the full ID due to obvious reasons.
I am ok with taking your time before you play cards.
Yes, he could be busy feeding his baby every 90 seconds, but it's unlikely.
I know there are probably at least 10 similar threads, all negatively towards OP.
I know he is not violating current Blizzard/Hearthstone rules.
I won the game in the end.
English is not my main language.

In my opinion, something has to be done.
Implementing a chess timer seems like a good idea.

I reported him already, so I am only posting here, because I am really looking forward to reading your comments and the developing discussion.

Some questions
Do you think his behavior was wrong?
Do you think I am wrong?
Do you think it is a problem worthy of being solved?
Do you think a chess timer would be a good idea?
Do you have any other ideas in solving this problem?
Why do you think Blizzard has not acted already?

Thank you for keeping the discussion modest/civilized.

Greetings, Escore.

Edit 2019-Feb-24: This thread was removed and restored after I sent a gm who was very friendly a ticket. The link to the video has to stay removed (even though there was no full id, like #1234). I will upload another video tomorrow with his name blurred out, so you guys can still see his actions. Thank you for your answers so far. Have a good night!
I think his behavior was wrong, but I don't actually know how you solve it.

I really don't like the chess timer idea, simply because I tend to play decks with many moving parts, so there's often several turns where I'll take up say half the time to think about it, so it would feel like I was being punished for not playing an aggressive/simple deck.

They did at least reduce the turn timer for turns 1/2 and am defiantly open for other solutions to the issue. Despite being a slow/long deck player, when they had that survey a few months back, I put intentional ropers as my #1 grievance, so would like to see something done, but have no idea what.
You're definitely right, it's pathetic c*nty behaviour.

Don't mind the "He can do what he wants with his time" and the "do something else meanwhile" reactions. They're irrelevant.
I was counting lethal every turn this morning while speaking to a friend, I kinda did the same thing
24/02/2019 16:33Posted by Sheercold
I was counting lethal every turn this morning while speaking to a friend, I kinda did the same thing

"Intentional" is a key word here. Roping for the sake of roping.
24/02/2019 16:45Posted by Chicharito
24/02/2019 16:33Posted by Sheercold

"Intentional" is a key word here. Roping for the sake of roping.

you got me mad being a !@#$ who got 2 second voidlords on 6? I could do that if I weren't climbing
24/02/2019 16:59Posted by Sheercold
you got me mad being a !@#$ who got 2 second voidlords on 6? I could do that if I weren't climbing

I got you mad? What voidlords? What climbing? Your posts always rek my brain.
24/02/2019 17:07Posted by Chicharito
24/02/2019 16:59Posted by Sheercold

I got you mad? What voidlords? What climbing? Your posts always rek my brain.

no, I was talking to my opponent, the mentality of the moment
Yeah, he did BM you, but to tell you the truth i don't think that he will suffer any punishment, because as you know he didn't broke any rule.

You didn't say what was the reason for his roping. You did say that he did befriended you, did he say why he have done this?

If he did say that he have done this on purpose, them this can be seen as bad behavior and he can be punished.
I'm fed up of seeing posts like this. At the end of the day you are given a set amount of time to take your turn and you can use that time in whatever way you see fit.

The whole POINT of roping in a game like this IS to frustrate your opponent. Frustrated opponents are more likely to make mistakes. Yes it's annoying. Yes, it annoys me too, but the fact of the matter is it's perfectly legal gamesmanship.

Think of football. How many times do you see players taking the ball into the corner to waste time when they are 1 goal up with a few minutes to go? Slowing down throw-ins/kick offs to waste time. It's frustrating as hell for the opponent but perfectly legal.

Learn how to deal with it because it's never going away. Once you can learn to not let it get to you the advantage is yours because you've taken away one of their weapons against you.
The trick to not get frustrated when you are roped is to have something else to do.
For example, I often use the rope time to start clearing out the dishwasher, or other chores I can easily set aside for my next turn and then return to. I leave the sound on to hear when my turn starts, and occasionally glance at the screen for a safe double check.
Other options can be to have a book you read next to the computer, or have an internet window open on your favorite YouTube channel.

If an opponent ropes me from the first turn, then I normally start by assuming they might use the first turn to quickly get some fresh tea or other refreshment. I consider it a pattern if it happens in two or three consecutive turns. Once I do label it a pattern, I counter-rope them one turn (play all my actions, then deliberately wait until JUST before the rope to click the end turn button - again, using the time on the dishwasher); usually this sends the message "I don't care, I can do this too" and they'll stop after. If not, I shrug it off, return to normal play and continue to do dishes, read a book, or watch a YouTube video while they try to waste my time.

As the game progresses into the mid to late game, I find that I can often use the opponent turn to contemplate options for my own turn, and mind their roping even less.
I've always ignored them. I have a book next to my computer at all times for situations like this. Currently it's The Diceman if anyone is interested.

Which is strangely appropriate...