BloodBloom spells aren't stacking Warlock Spellstone

General Discussion
I think Cho'Gall has the same issue.

If this mechanic is not the same as "Deal Damage" -- why Immune is protecting Hero from spending Health instead of Mana?

And how can U "spent" 1000 health when U have only 30?
Try this video as example: https://youtu.be/X6wtMje1I6g
after you bloodbloom, you pay life instead of mana. it's just the cost you have to pay to play the card. the card that you play doesn't deal damage to you itself. therefor it doesn't trigger the spellstone. for this, the card's effect would have to deal damage to you.
12/02/2019 08:36Posted by khisana
after you bloodbloom, you pay life instead of mana. it's just the cost you have to pay to play the card. the card that you play doesn't deal damage to you itself. therefor it doesn't trigger the spellstone. for this, the card's effect would have to deal damage to you.

ok. but why Immune is preventing "damage" from bloodbloom?
why u do not pay your health while u Immune? u can even pay infinite health (as in clip)
Immune is about not taking damage. And u telling me that doesn't deal it. wtf?
Despite the card's ambiguous wording, Bloodbloom's effect deal damage to the controlling hero, creating and resolving a Damage Event whose source is Bloodbloom's effect

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Bloodbloom

I think they should patch it to stack spellstone. Like they patched immune cheating rules. Damage Event is made by warlock card? Pls trigger my spellstone.
ok, I looked this up now and what I wrote earlier wasn't completely correct. here's what happens:

1. you play bloodbloom, which changes the mana cost of the next spell you play to health cost. this health cost is dealt to your hero as damage by bloodbloom.

2. you play a spell and bloodbloom deals X damage to your hero (where X is the mana cost of the card)

3. your hero is immune, which prevents him from taking damage.

-> damage is dealt to your hero, but no damage is received by your hero

4. the amethyst spellstone reads: "(Take damage from your cards to upgrade.)" -> since no damage is taken, it doesn't upgrade.
Isn't BloodBloom "My card"?
My card "BloodBloom" deals damage to me -- upgrade my spellstone.
yes, it's your card and it deals damage to you. but the spellstone requires you to take damage from your cards.

it's not enough if your cards deal damage to you that you don't receive (because you're immune). it's in the spellstone's card text.
That is the problem!
Spellstone WILL NOT triggers if u take damage from bloodbloom (with no immune).

Immune example was made for another reason.
Ah ok. Yea, that's strange.
Bloodbloom does not deal damage. Bloodbloom creates an aura that makes spells cost health instead of mana.
With that aura active, if you choose to play a spell, you (the player) are the one dealing the damage. You are not a card, which is why Spellstone doesn't upgrade.
Immunity protects against all damage, regardless of the source. Damage dealt by the player itself is still damage and is still countered by immunity.
Hugger, fwiw the gamepedia entry says that bloodbloom deals the damage.

At least that's how I understand it.
12/02/2019 10:37Posted by BigHugger
Bloodbloom does not deal damage. Bloodbloom creates an aura that makes spells cost health instead of mana.
With that aura active, if you choose to play a spell, you (the player) are the one dealing the damage. You are not a card, which is why Spellstone doesn't upgrade.
Immunity protects against all damage, regardless of the source. Damage dealt by the player itself is still damage and is still countered by immunity.

Seems legit, but my logic is still not accepting this 2 interactions both are correct .

Thx 4 explaining, by the way.
The wording indeed, might be confusing, but tbh - OP is overstressing it a bit.

Spellstone text reads "Take damage from your cards to upgrade"

The only logic here is - it activates from cards with the wording "Deal X damage to Y" As BB hase no "deal dmg" in it (direct or aoe) it shouldnt activate spellstone.

Yes, bb correctly damages the hero, but it's a post effect of the aura, and there are 2 dmg mechanics in hs - dealing real dmg and removing hp.

Like Alex - she sets the HP to 15, techicnaly dealing or healing X ammount of HP, yet for game mechanic purposes the HP is added/removed, same as Ragnaros and Jaraxus heroes.