Technical Support

12 Apr FRAME DROP ISSUES WHILE STREAMING Hey all, Recently we've seen some reports of streamers experiencing degraded performance while streaming Heroes of the Storm. If you use streaming software and you're seeing frame rate drops in-game or dropped frames on the stream, we would recommend trying to disable Windows Game Mode in the Windows Game Bar options to see if that improves things. We recommend the following steps: 1) Launch Heroes of the Storm 2) Start the Windows Game Bar (Windows Key + G) 3) Press the cogwheel icon to open the Settings menu 4) Uncheck "Use Game Mode for this game" 5) Resume streaming Additionally - Ensure that you have the High Performance power plan set in your Windows power management settings. If you are still running into issues after disabling this option, please create a new detailed post in this forum containting your System Files. You can share these with us through a site like Pastebin.com or through OneDrive, and we will see if any other troubleshooting steps can help you out!Nenyasqi0 12 Apr
04 Oct Common Connection and Latency Issues - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct
23 Jul 2017 Crashing and Windows 10 Creators Update Hello all, The latest update to Windows 10 (Creators) has been re-enabling the Xbox Game DVR. Heroes of the Storm could crash and have other performance issues when the Xbox DVR is enabled. To disable the DVR, please follow the instructions provided in this support article. If disabling the game DVR does not resolve the issue, please also ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date: NVIDIA video cards AMD video cards Intel video cardsVyraneer0 23 Jul 2017
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes – Read Before Posting! Welcome to Heroes of the Storm 2.0. Don’t forget to read Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Launch Notes! Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Recruit a Friend For more information on this feature, please click here. I didn't get enough loot boxes! If you are a veteran player and wondering how many loot chests you should get, please, read this! Replays Not Saving See here for fix. Graphical anomalies (NVIDIA users) Update your graphics drivers and restore your NVIDIA Control Panel to default settings. This player is hacking! Please report directly to hacks@blizzard.com with as much information as possible. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck/slow downloads/BLZXXXXX/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon SanekoNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
17m Lag on EU servers? Experiencing lags after 5 mins of match time,reconnecting is impossible.Had to wait until the match ended then received the "You were dropped" message.ACID0 17m
5h Deleted 1 Hotkey profile, others get reset to default. I deleted one hotkey profile after making a copy under another name. Then I selected the original and deleted it and now all my hotkey profiles are the standard again. It's already hard enough being an Azerty keyboard user because of the bug that resets certain keys to their Qwerty counterpart on a regular basis, but now this...BDR0 5h
7h Profile Statistics Gone Profile StatisticsMagicPotato2 7h
7h New Emote, available :het: but not shown? There is a new emote available to some people by typing :het:, not all people have it /can make it work, and neither does it show in the collection. Maybe late content or future content from a future patch. Best regardsCookEEVirus0 7h
9h No talents, no right-click, no action bar Following the Whitemane patch, I've loaded into a QM multiple times but can't interact with the game once in it. The symptoms, as well as some (probably extraneous) detail: 1. Character doesn't react to right-click 2. No character portrait 3. No action bar icons -- the blue bar background appears, but no icons/text; pressing Q/W/E/R does nothing 4. Pressing 'CTRL' plays the sound as though the talent menu is opening, but no menu appears 5. I can left-click towers, walls, players, &c; the hp display on the top-left appears as normal 6. Pressing ESC opens and closes the menu, as expected The end-result is that I'm kicked from the game for inactivity. Things I tried: 1. Restarted computer and Battle.net app 2. Reset In-Game Options (via Battle.net app -> Heroes of the Storm -> Options -> Game Settings -> Heroes of the Storm -> Reset In-Game Options) 3. Started Windows in safe mode with networking I have a screenshot as well, and wouldn't mind providing any additional information needed. Thanks for your time and attention!wizrdjenkins54 9h
10h I broke the game Hey! I had a really heavy screen freeze today in the game. Everything else was working except HotS. I tried to force it to shut down, but nothing happened. I restarted my pc (Windows10) and when its alive again, blizz app says the game is running. I cant connect, I cant do shet about it. Any idea? https://drive.google.com/open?id=18iDaaUqBMDocWBzTik378WqIvdLQw6hqWERWOLF0 10h
11h Game doesn't remember Azerty keybinds I got an Azerty Keyboard and the game regularly replaces my keybinds with their querty keyboard counterpart. Is there a way to fix this?BDR0 11h
16h FPS drop in windowed mode only when window in focus Hello I have an issue with massive framerate drop in windowed mode with the latest update. The issue is not present in exclusive fullscreen OR if I have another window in focus (when another window frame is superimposed over the game screen framerate is normal). This is present despite game overlays such as steam && discord being closed EDIT: turns out this problem is present only if gsync is enabled. It would be a pita to disable gsync evertime I would want to play this game windowed however... EDIT2 : Updating to nvidia driver 398.82 solved the issue. Consider the issue closedMicksKetches1 16h
16h My game starts stuttering and then drops me..? Hello. I've been getting dropped from games for about three weeks now for no apparent reason and i would like it to stop. my connectivity has ben sort of bad throughout the year for no apparent reason but it has recently gotten so bad that i can't enter a game without eventually being dropped from it all of a sudden. Sometimes when it happens it is in the middle of a game and the screen just freezes and after that point the rest of the game just stutters to the degree where it's completely unplayable or i'm dropped completely. It has worked to restart the game one or two times where it was playable after i rejoined the game but in the majority of times i just can't rejoin. This problem is extremely frustrating especially since i just purchased a one year stimpack and can't use it due to the issue at hand... And if i choose to restart the game through the battlenet app and try to rejoin then i'm just left at ''reconnecting'' untill the game is finished. I've gone through the ''closing background applications'' guide as well as the ''ip release, renew, and flush DSN'' guides. I've also lowered the graphics options (even though i'm pretty sure my computer can handle more). I have fiber so my wifi connection shouldn't be the issue but i'll admit i'm not completely certain that it isn't either.zorguzz3 16h
19h Can't click anything, talents not loading Yesterday I had no issues, could play normally with no problems. Today after the Whitemane update I had issues connecting to a game and when I got in I could not click on anything, no left or right clicking worked. Additionally my talent bar will not load, it's just an empty blue bar and my hero portrait would not load either. I can not click on or even open up my talents with the "CTRL" key, and after enough time has passed the game will flag me as AFK and kick me out. Rejoining the game does not fix the problem at all, and completely shutting it down then reopening it does nothing. I attempted this fix https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/17617103228#post-2, deleted the variables and reset my in game settings but the problem persists. Any ideas?blueabyss44 19h
1d Cannot play Hero League So this happened: I had a win streak of 5-6 games or something like that. I dodged 2-3 drafts because of incredibly toxic people. I now cannot find any HL games. https://i.imgur.com/lf45kyu.jpg Would it be possible to use the ANZ system so that you can actually get a game after you've been in queue for 10 minutes? This all changed this season with some Match making rework.MaxiScrubian0 1d
1d Game breaking bug on reconnect. So I was just forced to leave a game due to my internet having a problem (Australian problems) and when I reconnected I was found to be unable to interact with the game at all and many UI elements were missing. Unfortunately this bug renders the game completely unplayable and even leaving and rejoining again has the same outcome for that game. I am not sure what causes it but it might be the game not fully giving you back control or loading from the reconnect screen. https://imgur.com/a/M0NVJlgStew521 1d
1d Lag issues at the 7 minute mark. Hi, the game runs into a big lage spike every time at the 7 minute mark of a match without exception. |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | No response from host - 100 | 147 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | ip1-112-210-87.adsl2.static.versatel.nl - 1 | 729 | 728 | 5 | 7 | 73 | 6 | | ae6-0.br04sara.versatel.net - 0 | 732 | 732 | 6 | 7 | 105 | 7 | | ae5-0.br04tc2.versatel.net - 1 | 721 | 718 | 6 | 7 | 39 | 7 | | ams5-core-1.bundle-ether6.tele2.net - 1 | 724 | 722 | 8 | 10 | 235 | 10 | | ams5-peer-1.ae0-unit0.tele2.net - 1 | 729 | 728 | 8 | 9 | 33 | 8 | |te0-6-0-7-5.agr21.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com - 1 | 728 | 727 | 6 | 8 | 214 | 8 | | be2440.ccr42.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com - 0 | 732 | 732 | 6 | 8 | 109 | 8 | |be2447.rcr21.b021535-1.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com - 1 | 728 | 727 | 7 | 8 | 404 | 8 | | blizzard.demarc.cogentco.com - 1 | 725 | 723 | 9 | 10 | 37 | 9 | | ae1-br01-eqam1.as57976.net - 1 | 725 | 723 | 7 | 10 | 148 | 7 | | et-0-0-31-pe02-eqam1.as57976.net - 0 | 732 | 732 | 9 | 10 | 200 | 10 | | 137.221.66.47 - 1 | 724 | 722 | 9 | 10 | 93 | 10 | | 185.60.112.157 - 0 | 732 | 732 | 6 | 7 | 30 | 8 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud ProviderTokamak2 1d
1d Weird consistent lag 7 mins into the match. ^That. It has been happening for about a week now. Almost every single match, at around the 7 minute mark, I get massive frame drops and input lag. I have timed it. The consistency of it makes me think it's some obscure bug for my systems specs only. Or is anyone else having this too?..MorbidArtist15 1d
1d i can't reconnect and No character skills/picture like title said i start game and i don't have skills nor character icon nor control on my character , the game disconnect and it the whole match i stuck in reconnect screen i try close the game and try reconnect again didn't work either , also when i try play other matches it keep making me reconned screen for afew sec then back again to matchomarxz110 1d
1d HUD disappears after reconnecting Hi! I got a sudden lag spike in today's match. That put me into the "reconnecting" screen, but it did nothing for around 2 minutes. I closed the game and launched it again to reconnect to the match from the main menu. The match loaded, BUT! - The HUD disappeared. I mean the spell icons, the hero icon on the left, also a few smaller HUD elements. - I couldn't move my hero. No command nor clicks worked. It just stood there, unable to do anything at all. - The only thing I could do was to write in chat and close the game again. That resulted in a lost match and a few insults from the team, even tho I explained myself. I can provide a screenshot of the bug: https://imgur.com/a/sFLLaShushuda4 1d
1d cant move, do anything, relaunching game has troubles GAME crashes. no talent no right click, no other controls work. relaunching game sends some error messages and this happened second time today 8AC63F35-91F8-4E82-AD63-605367C2BC27 E5765D3D-0EE3-4349-911A-E2F6336C3B44 besides that i get ban for being afk or leaving game stop that !@#$strife1 1d
1d "Voice chat disabled by parental control" Since the Azmodan/Raynor rework patch this message has started to randomly appear mid-game for no reason, kicking me from my party, voicechat and lately completely disconnecting me from the match, placing me in the reconnecting screen. The game never reconnects on its own, the only way of getting back into the match is to quit HotS and launch the game again. I've even had a few times where doing that did not work, causing me to crash in the loading screen or to be stuck there until the match has ended. After reconnecting i sometimes (Doesn't happen often) experience severe lag and spikes for the rest of the match. My internet connection continues to work perfectly well, the lag only affects HotS. I'm older than 18yrs old, and my account never had Parental Controls active.Nefarian3 1d
2d Statistics bag Hello, can't check statistics for last season's, it disappear. after re-enter the game it appear again, but after 1 game disappear. Please check screenshot https://ibb.co/fCotO9Partyshock0 2d
2d hots has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware I get this error, and pc freezes (sometimes whitescreen) then reboots automaticaly (always). always happens during a game, never in menus. only happens in heroes (although this is the most resource intense game i play). i already found some articles on the net, i tried the file checker/dism thing and i reinstalled my display drives (and yes, rebooted afterwards). pls help.Eldorian12 2d
2d Twitch Drops not happening Hello Dear Blizzard Staff. I've been watching most of the WesternClash so far and was quite excited about the lootbox drops returning. I have watched far over 15h so far, but still havent even received my "guaranteed" 3-Hour Drop. I'm wondering if something is wrong, and if this is a known issue. I have my blizzard account connected to the Twitch Account of course, i also was able to receive loot boxes during the last Drop-Event. Thank you very muchboredRhino7 2d
2d Season statistic What has happen to the season based statistic ? Why is it removed or has the location of it just been changed?Glappkaft1 2d
2d Video and sound keep clipping then a fatal error occurs I haven't ever had any problems with Hots before it's only after these last few updates. It starts out only when I get into a game and my audio and video starts clipping, then my screen turns one color and my computer freezes. I've just updated my Graphic drivers. I've only recently figured out a way to fish at an error message without my computer freezing entirely. And this last time I actually got an error directly for Windows saying "display driver stopped responding and has recovered". When I open my Event Viewer I get about 50 error messages that read like this: The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video7 Variable String too Large the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table As I was typing, the error code disappeared but I'm going to post this anyways because I can't risk my computer freezing with all these resources open.Ty13rB34L1 2d
2d Account apparently reset I stopped playing the game for a while after playing it for a bit, (during the launch of 2.0 i think). I had some champions, although im not sure what my level was. Now I came back to play and I'm level 1 with no Heroes though my icon is the same one (the black tracer skin one). If I could get some help that would be appreciated.Chewz1 2d
2d Rejoining causing UI and movement problems? Hi, I got dced from a game and had to restart my client, when I rejoined the game it loaded everything except the UI, and my mouse wasn't responding (it worked out of the game, in chrome etc). How do I avoid this issue happening in future? I could chat in game but that was all.Killuh4 2d
3d "Preparing Game Data" stuck at 0% I let the launcher patch, and I keep getting a small pop up saying "preparing game data" it stays at 0%, never moving. 0kb/37,336KB. I have to go into my task manager to stop the process in order to make it go away. The play button on the launcher says "game is running".Sinthetiks14 3d
3d GU Interface BUG I can not be sure, but this problem may occur for the rest of the operating system. Together with this bug, some of my applications also can not launch the graphical user interface. Also tried the same methods as in this discussion. Before the problem arises, the game was folded down. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/17622512164#post-1 ... [/quote]Ant0 3d
3d Black Screen in blizzard games I've had this issue for a while now. My screen keeps turning black during my gaming sessions for no apparent reason, though I still hear the game audio and I am still able to chat with my friends in discord. This problem first occured in Starcraft 2 and hindered me from playing the game at all and has now moved on to Heroes of the storm and the black ops 4 open beta. The weirdest part is that I have no issues whatsoever in other, more hardware demanding games (My hardware is well above the recommended hardware for all the games). My brother also has no issues in the games he play and we have nearly identical computers. All of this has lead me to believe that the problem only occurs in Blizzard games for some undisclosed reason, which is what makes it all the stranger. I have followed the majority of the steps in this thread, yet to no avail. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/17617006787#post-1 If you have information on how to solve this issue in Heroes of the storm, Starcraft 2 or Black ops 4 beta, please let me know, even if the sollution only works for one game, since I'd preferably have the problem resolved in all games. It is also a possibility that this issue is present in my World of Warcraft, though I haven't played that game in quite some time now. Looking forwards to recieving help. //Killer93XDKiller93XD1 3d
3d Can't open/Can't repair/Can't re-install So... A few days ago I tried to login to play some matches but was quickly stopped by a version mismatch. Not too uncommon... However, as I attempt to run a scan and repair on the game it says it is waiting for another update to finish. Yet there is Nothing downloading and Nothing queued. So today I tried again, but it's still the same. Therefor i uninstall the game in hope of a re-install will fix it. To no-ones surprise the uninstall went fine, but the install... The installation window opens up as empty except for that little spinning "loading" b.net icon. And that's where it ends, with nothing happening. So, Blizzard wtf?Balder1 3d
3d "Please go report your bug somewhere else." Dear Blizzard guys, you have us running in circles. We open a forum post here to report a bug. Then we are told to create a ticket for it with a link that you provide. That link then tells us to head back to the forums and create a thread regarding the bug without any option to create a ticket. I am sure you will understand that this situation is indeed quite frustrating. May I please request a change in procedure to solve the issue. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/heroes/817/819/solution "If you want to report a bug, please use the forums to notify our development team directly." https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/15043?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution "Heroes of the Storm If you encounter a bug, please report it to us using the Heroes of the Storm Bug Report Forum. Submissions posted there have the benefit of allowing a community discussion around high-impact bugs, which can occasionally help in prioritizing them. If you want to check on a bug, we also keep a list of known active issues at the top of that forum that all players can see."dayofmone1 3d
3d Profile filter not working Since the Whitemane patch you can only sort profiles by lifetime and not each season.razz1 3d
3d Game Frezzes from time to time Hi started playing Hots again a few weeks ago played it before 2.0 and had no Problem. But now i sometimes get some kind of freeze or Lagg for around 1 to 2 secs while i´m in a game. I tried a lot already. I closed every other programm running in the backround ( i checked it over and over with the taskmanager). I checked in game if i just have fps problems or Memory Problems ( my fps is a steady 120 or more and my memory is around 1500). My Ms is on 30. I launch the client as an 32-bt client. I tried to connect with w-lan and with cable. Nothing works.Mario1 3d
3d Game crashes when I run it Good evening! My issue is that, every time I run the game, it crashes and I get the "e_gfxErrorAPIError" message . I manage to play the game if I rerun it several times, but it's still very annoying. Is there a way to fix this issue? Report ID: 7D3FE063-521F-4676-9AA7-A847ECB30815MariosLcfr1 3d
3d Lag spikes every 5-10 seconds For the past two weeks or so, I've been getting lag spikes while playing a game. The game action freezes for about 2 seconds, every 5 to 10 seconds. By game action, I mean the actual action on the map, though I can see that the UI decor continues animating as normal (such as the "glow" around portraits and other animations). Here is my dxdiag printout: https://pastebin.com/6pemePE6 The following is information I've gathered: Other online games do not have this issue Ping time remains around 20ms at all times The actual FPS rate does not "dip" during spikes All drivers, including BIOS, are up-to-date Lag spikes are unrelated to graphics settings in-game None of the PC's performance indicators seem to "spike" during freezes: CPU, network and other performance remains normal The following are troubleshooting steps I've already taken: Updated all drivers, including Nvidia Gforce drivers Lowered in-game graphics settings "Unparked" CPU cores using the (in)famous utility Verified my power management profile was set to "high performance" Disabled hybernation Force the Windows swap file to use my SSD (size system managed) Disabled the GPU power-saving features Disabled the MoBo power-saving features Disabled unneeded Windows services using services.msc Uninstalled unneeded applications and services Minimized Background tasks Disabled or limited Windows update P2P feature ... None of the previous steps seem to have any effect whatsoever, except that my boot time is now exemplarily short and my Windows UI feels very snappy. Help?Snowdrift0 3d
3d "Preparing Game Data" message is appearing Since the most recent patch, I am unable to open HoTS as every time I do it pops up a window that says "Preparing Game Data". The progress bar doesn't move off of 0%, nor does it say anything that isn't 0%. I tried to scan and repair, and also restart everything numerous times, and it still pops up and doesn't open HoTS. What is up with this??Natedawg0 3d
4d keybinds continiously changing or resetting. I have no idea what is wrong and I have had this problem for a very long time. I play with dvorak keybind layout, so I have to change my binds to play normally since dvorak is not supported by blizzard oddly enough. It used to be once in a while that I had to change my binds, now they seem to reset almost every day. Sometimes they revert back to qwerty, sometimes they have an even weirder layout. It's a little annoying when you start a game to find out you have to redo your keybinds..... I would like this to stop happening. Anyone has any ideas?BHTrix1 4d
4d Lag I have huge lag in menu and gameplay. I see everything in pictures.When I see my hero in one place of the map and if I right click 2 meters away,I don't see him moving,but in 3 seconds my hero appear in the place where I right clicked.Ogaday1 4d
4d Can't find "new item" in collection After opening loot chests, I went into collection to look at everything. After looking at items, I notice the new item notification. I went through and highlighted everything to remove this notice, but I still have one new emoji. I can't find the new emoji anywhere to remove the notification, and I've highlighted every emoji (even ones I don't have). Problem persists after multiple restarts. Nothing major, and relatively low priority, but a little annoying.varmituofm10 4d
5d macOS: Left click slows mouse macOS High Sierra. Razer Naga. Left clicking anywhere on the screen slows mouse movement for about 1 seconds. Doesn't happen with any other mouse button. Doesn't happen in any other program on the machine. Changing from Fullscreen mode to Windowed (Fullscreen) fixes the issue.NekR2 5d
5d Invite list empty Invite list empty . already rebooted, restarted app, full uninstall , reinstall and still i see no one and cant invite or request to join parties.. help pleaseAnnie0 5d
5d Micro Stuttering (prob. Connection Issue) For the past few days i have started to experience micro stuttering while playing games (The only exception is try mode, in try mode the game runs perfectly). At random intervals (~1ms to ~1s) the game stutters for a very short duration (a few ms) which results in noticeable animation/command stuttering during movement and very rarely abilities do not cast or cast slightly into the wrong direction because the cast was delayed/interrupted by the stutter. This stuttering does not happen in try mode and my frame rate always stays above 180fps in both try and online modes, that's why i believe this is a connection issue. The easiest way to spot the stuttering is by rotating a mounted (just for visibility) hero by quickly and continuously dragging a circle around him while holding down the right mouse button which forces the hero to run around in a circle and rotate. If I perform this Test in Try Mode the hero rotates smoothly, but if i try it in any online mode the hero no longer turns smoothly. Data: WINMTR185.60.112.157: https://pastebin.com/r9UY3Fa4 WINMTR185.60.112.158: https://pastebin.com/zUTgpNqa Tracert for both ips: https://pastebin.com/GeUzDygt DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/qU0CkG5Wsgteam4 5d
5d Can we please have an official response I have seen posts about this repeatedly between this forum and reddit, and it has finally happened to me; every game mode is "currently unavailable" and the ready button is perpetually replaced with "PLEASE WAIT". In addition to this, I cannot see any items in my collection because "UNLOCKING TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE". I waited at the character select screen for an hour hoping the situation would resolve itself. I have also tried: restarting the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my computer, rebooting router, changing my DNS settings, running as administrator, logging into a different region, logging in with a different account and sacrificing my first born to satan. This is a reoccurring issue, the following being another post about it just 3 months ago: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20762097820 (I would like to add that have tried things recommended in this post too, such as the scan and repair)RedShabazz25 5d
5d Brawl not counting Hi, I have been completing brawl games with at the Forgotten Cave and when the game is over it kicks me out of it not recordig the score and penalising me for leaving a game. This happes after the message "Win/Lose" comes up. The game keeps saying "waiting for game results" but nothing happens. I have no way to complete the brawl quest due to this and it is also penalising me. Thanksssaabbuu1 5d
5d 2 second freeze every 5 seconds Hello, I have been experiencing some momentary game freezes every so often on hots and so I decided to try my HDD drive instead of my SSD to see if it resolved the issue. Unfortunately it seems to have made it ten times worse and now it freezes every 5 seconds in any mode other than 'try' mode. Having reinstalled it and battle.net several times on my SSD drive and updated my graphics drivers the problem persists making the game essentially unplayable (my comp plays other much more demanding games no problem). I don't know if my drive switching has coincided with a separate issue but I cant think of anything else that may have impacted on it. From the in game data I can see ping is the only thing deviating from around 150 up to 400 though so very high. After using looking glass I can see in MTR I am loosing 100% of the data on 6/16 of the tests and I have *** on 7/15 of the trace route tests also with the other tests alternating high and low. I have removed all data and reinstalled, updated drivers and windows, tried 32 bit (lag exactly the same), reduced graphics (lag the same), reset my router, as well as doing a DNS flush etc. Not sure what to do now- I notice a couple of others have same issue currently in forums though they have not found a solution yet either. I would appreciate any help/suggestions. I also get e_gfxerrorapierror from time to time but it never impacted game performance before so I don't think its part of the issue.RISEN1210 5d
6d High end PC can't play hots after this patch Title... I have 64 GB RAM GTX 1080 TI 16 core threadripper Used to run the game on extreme just fine, logged in after the update and can't play a game - FPS dropping to 5 in a teamfight....Elkrys4 6d