Technical Support

12 Apr FRAME DROP ISSUES WHILE STREAMING Hey all, Recently we've seen some reports of streamers experiencing degraded performance while streaming Heroes of the Storm. If you use streaming software and you're seeing frame rate drops in-game or dropped frames on the stream, we would recommend trying to disable Windows Game Mode in the Windows Game Bar options to see if that improves things. We recommend the following steps: 1) Launch Heroes of the Storm 2) Start the Windows Game Bar (Windows Key + G) 3) Press the cogwheel icon to open the Settings menu 4) Uncheck "Use Game Mode for this game" 5) Resume streaming Additionally - Ensure that you have the High Performance power plan set in your Windows power management settings. If you are still running into issues after disabling this option, please create a new detailed post in this forum containting your System Files. You can share these with us through a site like Pastebin.com or through OneDrive, and we will see if any other troubleshooting steps can help you out!Nenyasqi0 12 Apr
04 Oct Common Connection and Latency Issues - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct
23 Jul Crashing and Windows 10 Creators Update Hello all, The latest update to Windows 10 (Creators) has been re-enabling the Xbox Game DVR. Heroes of the Storm could crash and have other performance issues when the Xbox DVR is enabled. To disable the DVR, please follow the instructions provided in this support article. If disabling the game DVR does not resolve the issue, please also ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date: NVIDIA video cards AMD video cards Intel video cardsVyraneer0 23 Jul
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes – Read Before Posting! Welcome to Heroes of the Storm 2.0. Don’t forget to read Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Launch Notes! Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Recruit a Friend For more information on this feature, please click here. I didn't get enough loot boxes! If you are a veteran player and wondering how many loot chests you should get, please, read this! Replays Not Saving See here for fix. Graphical anomalies (NVIDIA users) Update your graphics drivers and restore your NVIDIA Control Panel to default settings. This player is hacking! Please report directly to hacks@blizzard.com with as much information as possible. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck/slow downloads/BLZXXXXX/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon SanekoNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
4h Hero Removed from my Hero List Hello guys, two weeks ago i bought Nova with 625 Gems, and 1 skin for 400 shards. Today i've just discovered that Nova is removed from my hero list and the skin too. Why this is happened? What can i do? I can't find a way to contact the blizzard's support, so i hope to find here a way to resolve this problem..i don't want to buy again Nova and the relative skin. Thanks and have a good day! AlosKAlosK4 4h
4h Lost a hero that I bought Hello! I'm very angry! I bought Li-ming for 7000 gold and played her for many games. Today I just logged in and I can't play as her, it tells me I have to buy her, again.. HELP! Thanks! EDIT: I just checked that I have also lost a few skins that I bought with shards. It's like my whole purchasing history from past few days has been erased!Bibche2 4h
4h 30 day stim-pack only lasted 7 days I've purchased a stim pack for 1000 gems, as detailed in my purchase history and it has just informed me it's expired and I no longer have it? Order #319926246 Ordered from: Dean on 14/5/2018 22:48 DIGITAL GOODS QUANTITY PRICE Stimpack: 30 Day Stimpack 1 1,000.00 Heroes Gems image of me not having one active https://imgur.com/a/zWCvjpE me not recieving additional xp or gold after a game https://imgur.com/a/yCYhwob Please advise? Edit: Also lost Deckard Cain (10k Gold)Boldez3 4h
10h Phantom HotS PTR installation on SDD partition Hey folks, Ages ago, I'd set up a partition specifically for my OS allowing about 25GB free for update purposes. But one day I noticed that it was flagging insufficient space when trying to do so. Upon investigating I noticed that the Heroes of the Storm Public Test Realm was installed there, taking up 19GB. I recalled a while back where I accidentally selected the wrong drive to download it to, uninstalled and carried on. But if I looked on 'Apps and Games', it shows it as still installed on the OS partition. If I try and uninstall it via Windows, it fails with error: BLZBNTBNU00000006. I tried the options on the error code's support page to no avail. So then I tried just deleting the BattleNet, Blizzard and HotS folders directly from the drive thinking the 19GB would be taken with it. That didn't work. There is nothing relating to Blizz on that partition, yet 'Apps and Games' still claim that 19GB is taken, so now that there's a 13GB patch for Windows, I can't update at the moment, haha (outside of using external storage). I've looked at three different Blizzard support and forum pages around the issue, but none of the solutions have worked. So I guess I'm looking for a kind of brute force way to get around the BLZBNTBNU00000006 error :D Any suggestions? Thanks!AarlYunitz0 10h
11h Windows Creator Update freezes screen Hi, after the creators update, I notice an issue only when I am playing HOTS. The screen of my laptop freezes with various colors on it, like it's burned out and with a buzzing noise. After it restarts, the screen is trembling for a few seconds until it stabilize again to normal. I have turned off the XBox DVR and my graphics card is up to date (NVIDIA 1050 4GB). Again it is happening only when I am playing hots. I have tried other games and I didn't have similar issues. This is how the game freezes after the Windows update. Unfortunately I rolled back to previous version, but still it didn't worked.... https://imgur.com/a/M1tuxWT Let's hope I will be able to find a solution for this. Thank you.MarvinMars4 11h
14h lag and fps drop https://pastebin.com/DvMi2d73lamer0 14h
19h Heroes of the Storm does not download. Drops to 0 b/s Hello. I'm having problems installing Heroes of the storm. At first it downloads normally but just before the game gets playable the download speed drops to 0b/s and says I have a network error. If I restart battle.net launcher it downloads for a little while, but then drops back to 0b/s. I tried restarting alot for quite a while but I get the feeling it doesn't actually download the game... and i'm not planning to spend an entire day restarting battle.net launcher. I've tried lots of different solutions that were mentioned in this forum and in other forums or in youtube video's, but nothing worked for me. I've tried to install it while my firewall and anti-virus were turned off. I've deleted the blizzard entertainment folder. I also deleted the Battle.net fodler. I have reinstalled battle.net. I tried to make a router and firewall exception. I did uncheck 'automatically detect settings' in the LAN settings. I've been trying to fix this all day, so maybe i'm forgetting a solution i already tried. All the other games on battle.net launcher work fine. I know there have been more posts about this, but there don't seem to be any solutions that work (or the link to the solution doesn't work anymore) I hope someone can help me.destructis184 19h
22h HL randomly placed into demotion match Dear Blizzard, I already made another post but that has been removed without notice, so once again: i have been playing 4 HL games yesterday and i started around 500 point plat 1. lost my first game (-200) and won 2 games in a row (+200 each game, so no rating adjusted stuff going on) and then when i lost my 4th game i was dropped to 0 ranked point into my demotion game? on the score screen it said -198 point so not -700 which happend?! Im really unhappy because i restarted the client and the score is still there. it takes about 20/30 minutes a game and considering i now need to win 3 in a row to atleast return to 600 points it will take my atleast an hour of playtime to get back. if i even lose now i will get demoted to plat 2 which is even more unfair and takes even longer to get back. anyway to reverse this? im pretty unhappy as well that my previous post got deleted :(Aurum1 22h
1d Disconnected from blizzard services on hots startup Hi! Im having a really annoying problem where when i start up hots (from the blizzard launcher), it says "disconnected from blizzard services" and makes me log in manually again. When i log in manually, it works though. Its just the extra step of having to login 2 times is really annoying. I have tried rebooting, restarting, reinstalling hots, checking my firewall/antivirus. The problem started after the latest patch were released. Any ideas what could resolve the issue? Thanks in advance! FredrikKundservice9 1d
1d Icon glitch and high latency This issue started 2 patches ago and I hoped that the current Dark Nexus patch would maybe solve it and it didn't. Here's an image of the glitch: https://i.imgur.com/5alQ0RM.png Seems to happen only with the Kill Streak counter for some reason. Lag is also quite bad and I sometimes have disconnects from games, something that simply didn't happen. I'm using an ethernet cable with a pretty fast connection, no other Blizzard games have this issue (WoW, Overwatch). I've tried the usual stuff from the Support page, but the problem persists.Tiucaner10 1d
1d laggygame lags too muchMäge0 1d
1d FPS drop for a few seconds last 2 weeks +- Hello I have FPS drops for a last 2 weeks +- and I dont know why. Everything is ok I have stable 144 FPS +- in game and then FPS drop to 0-1 for 1-3 seconds. I think its start with some patch. In Overwatch or other games it work fine. Thanks for your help.Andir2 1d
2d Experiencing disconnects not in games but in menus. I am reopening the thread because it took me too long to answer to blue post and the thread died. Here is the original post https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/17618711735#1 Experiencing disconnects not in games but in menus. Oftentimes when I log in, I get disconnected in a way that I am in game and while I can switch between game modes I don't get invitations, neither can I start a queue. After relogging a couple of times a can queue and find a game and maybe play a couple of times and then the trouble reappears, but I only become aware of it when the next queue fails and a person on external voice chat tells me about the fact that a game was found, failed and now they all are waiting for me, while I still see queue going on (I can see it for a long time) While actually playing I experience NO disconnects. -I have tried: Reinstalling game client -Deleting cache -Flushing my DNS -Connecting through wired connection to my router I was asked to post my pathping test't results. Here is where after a game i got dropped out of the party and couldn't join a queue with button being inactive and message on it reading "waiting for game mode download to complete". I also couldn't be invited nor open loot chests. Tracing route to 185.60.112.157 over a maximum of 30 hops 0 Demonizer [192.168.43.158] 1 * * * Computing statistics for 0 seconds... Source to Here This Node/Link Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address 0 Demonizer [192.168.43.158] Trace complete. and Tracing route to 185.60.112.158 over a maximum of 30 hops 0 Demonizer [192.168.43.158] 1 * * * Computing statistics for 0 seconds... Source to Here This Node/Link Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address 0 Demonizer [192.168.43.158] Trace complete.Demonizer1 2d
2d graphic bugs since a few weeks the game sometimes freezes for a few seconds and im "reconnecting" but i dont disconnect really. the internet is fine. after that i get grahpic bugs. the ability cooldowns are not shown correct ( see picture), its hard the tell if an atack is ready or not. and also all circles are gone ( from boss atacks and hero atacks). after client restart it works. but i have to finish the games with those bugs. any solutions or ideas? https://imgur.com/a/Fn4Wisolow18 2d
2d Crazy Lag spikes I played a bit of brawl, WITHOUT being in voice chat and it went fine. No lag spikes, at all. Then, after that game, I went for a casual game, joined voice chat because why not? and upon the game starting I got so bad lag. I could barely move, I'd get the lag every 3-ish seconds. The only thing that did not lag, was the portrait on the lower left and me being able to pick a new talent.. It's worth noting, that I have not played the game in a while, before voice chat was a thing I think.. & that my internet and computer is running fine with anything else, be it youtube, another game or even netflix. Everything loads almost instantly. What does one do? :'<Sapphire0 2d
2d Voice chat not working in game and in battle.net as of today for some reason voice chat no longer appears to be working on my system. other people I play with can hear and talk to each other just fine however I can't hear them (or talk to them, but that appears to be caused by my microphone being dead.) I have all other audio from the game and on my system working just fine with the exception of voice chat audio. The problem seems to occur no matter what output source I try. It doesn't work on my speakers, my headset or even my build in monitor speakers. This issue does not occur in another voice chat app like skype or discord so it seems to be something in blizzard's software specifically but I can't find out what it is. Any advice?Manesni0 2d
2d Left Mouse Button Hello, I have logged into the game and I cannot click in game on what I want. I wanted to press "Ready" button, but nothing happens. I cannot click on other items on the screen as well. I need help, thanks.Lukre3 2d
2d hots has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware I get this error, and pc freezes (sometimes whitescreen) then reboots automaticaly (always). always happens during a game, never in menus. only happens in heroes (although this is the most resource intense game i play). i already found some articles on the net, i tried the file checker/dism thing and i reinstalled my display drives (and yes, rebooted afterwards). pls help.Eldorian7 2d
2d FPS capped at 30 and input lag This is the second time I've had to post this as the first post disappeared. Computer: Using windows 10, intel core i7-7700, 16MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 1060. With this computer I'm able to run League of legends at max graphics at 120-150 fps. However when I play hots, regardless of my graphics settings, fps never raises above 30. Additionally, with a ping of 34 on a wireless connection I have an input lag of about half a second, something that doesn't appear in League of legends or in the try mode of hots. Any fix to either of these?TomPatCresh0 2d
3d Game 'not responding' at MVP screen Once in a while (every 5 matches) the game will freeze at the screen where the 5 best performing heroes appear at the end of the game. Can't Alt Tab to desktop but Ctrl-Shift-Esc will bring up the Task Manager which shows Heroes of the Storm 'Not responding' and I can end the task that way. Specs: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i5 @ 3.60GHz,16GB RAM 3000MHz. Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630 (ASRock). Game is on the SSD, Replays are saved to the HDD Since yesterday I've tried disabling Windows Defender real time protection while playing and the occasional freezing at the end of the matches seems to have so far stopped. Edit: Stickied troubleshooting steps were already followed.Gazumper3 3d
3d Experiencing disconnects not in games but in menus Experiencing disconnects not in games but in menus. Oftentimes when I log in, I get disconnected in a way that I am in game and while I can switch between game modes I don't get invitations, neither can I start a queue. After relogging a couple of times a can queue and find a game and maybe play a couple of times and then the trouble reappears, but I only become aware of it when the next queue fails and a person on external voice chat tells me about the fact that a game was found, failed and now they all are waiting for me, while I still see queue going on (I can see it for a long time) While actually playing I experience NO disconnects. -I have tried: Reinstalling game client -Deleting cache -Flushing my DNS -Connecting through wired connection to my routerDemonizer7 3d
3d Enough to Share Chen shares his brew a lot but receives no healing stat when taking that talent.Timotei1 3d
3d EU server down? Eu server Everyone on my friend list disconnected, couldn't purchase a heroe and/or start a game. When I tried to relog it just disconnected me when I tried to log in Anyone has the same problem?Deathsworn1 3d
3d SERVER DROPED IN EUROPE HOTS SERVER DROPED IN EUROPE AND WE LOST RANK POINT IN LEAGUE PLAY AND GOLD IN REROLLS. I WANT A REFUND IN GOLD AND IN MY RANK POINTS IS THERE ANY WAY TO REPORT THIS EXCEPT THE FORUM?migas666eyes1 3d
3d Busy day for BLIZZARD! So what? So you dropped me from a good game while my ping with google was fine and its certainly not my fault, then you forbid me to login with pop up "Busy day for blizzard, estimated wait time 189 min", well guess what folks, <removed> you very much, my free time its not entire day.All your services and servers now are <removed>, none serious company handle people like this.Login in to your services is more complicated than a marriage with 10 women.<removed>.StarScream131 3d
3d 5 minutes long reconnect. Flagged now, THX Blizz Fix your internet connection Blizzard ! YOU ARE NOT PREPARED !BlackHole22 3d
3d Dropped out from an awesome match We almost turned the game for us, but suddenly we got with one guy dropped out from the match, and couldn't get back. I just want to let you know, that you guys sometimes should suk kokkerino. That's all, ruin my game, ty guys.Pappie6 3d
3d kicked from game just kicked from game while playing Team League .. also cant login to battle.net Im waiting now Queue !?Mendbour2 3d
4d Good news everyone ! https://i.imgur.com/XRKR0pv.png Time to Celebrate!BlackHole1 4d
4d Cant use shop - pending transaction? Hello, today I log-in into game and head right into the shop to buy Chen in this week sale. When I clicked at button with 4,99€ this message pop up: You have a pending transaction. Please try again once that transaction completes. I checked my payment options and transaction history and every single purchase I made is COMPLETE. So where is the problem please?Qrasus11 4d
4d I did not receive the 1000 gems of level 5 Hey everyone, I used to play in the US server and received the 1000 gems you have when reaching level 5. I recently moved to Europe and started playing in the EU server. When I reached level 5 i did not receive these gems but i did receive the 11th free hero. Is it a bug? Is it because I already had the bonus in the US server? (If it is the case it's awful, you can't transfer heroes between server but the unique bonuses are transfered?). Thanks in advance for the helpBPGod0 4d
4d Game unplayable due to unusual problem once loaded I have what i think is an unusual problem and could do with some help. I am able to load up the game however once at the loaded screen i can only really select the first three buttons in the top left corner of the screen correctly (Home, Play and Collection). When i attempt to select a character where i would normally hover over the character to highlight and select it to when i hover over nothing happens the character is only highlighted when it is about 2 inches to the right and down, then when selecting different characters the further away i am from the top left character the further to the right and down i have to go to select them meaning when i move the cursor to the furthest right of the screen it only selects the furthest left characters from the right hand half of the screen. This means i cant press the ready button or anything to the right or further down on the screen. I tried to repair the game, then when this didnt work i uninstalled and re-installed the game, this didnt start at all until i repaired the game and then it did start but the same issue existed. I am stuck and have no idea what to do, i don't know if this is a coincedence but this only happened a couple of days ago after the last windows 10 large update Many thanks to anyone that can helpDazza755 4d
5d Ports Hello, I have the list of TCP PORTS: 80, 443, 1119-1120, 3724, 6113 and UDP PORTS: 80, 1119-1120, 3478-3479, 3724, 5060, 5062, 6113, 6250, 12000-64000 I'm in my routers settings 'Add Custom Service - Port Forwarding' my question is: It asks for 'Start Port:' and also 'Finish Port:' How should i be inputting these from the list above for example 80? i understand 1119-1120 but not the single number ports how do i open those up? Thanks for any clarification! This is how it's looking so far the way i'm currently doing it # Service Name / Service Type / Ports 1 HOTS / TCP / 80...80 2 HOTS1 / TCP / 443...443 3 HOTS2 / TCP / 1119...1120Hathel2 5d
5d packet loss and high latency hello, since several months I'm getting problems playing this game, as every game, my ping skyrocket to 200+ ms I'm on ethernet connection. here's the result of bnet looking glass that was run while playing and experiencing lag issues. Can anyone help me understand the results and maybe resolve my problem ? Thx in advance. LOOKING GLASS : TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 2.126.22.140 (2.126.22.140), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 gateway (Blizzard) 0.318 ms 0.342 ms 0.438 ms 2 * * * 3 137.221.66.44 (137.221.66.44) 0.564 ms 0.656 ms 0.665 ms 4 137.221.78.72 (137.221.78.72) 11.586 ms 11.598 ms 11.596 ms 5 137.221.65.90 (137.221.65.90) 6.694 ms 6.592 ms 6.694 ms 6 137.221.79.32 (137.221.79.32) 6.407 ms 6.500 ms 6.488 ms 7 be1028.er12.thlon.isp.sky.com (195.66.225.234) 7.654 ms 7.669 ms 7.700 ms 8 lag2.sr13.bllon.isp.sky.com (2.120.9.93) 7.655 ms 8.136 ms 8.228 ms 9 027e168c.bb.sky.com (2.126.22.140) 247.724 ms 248.493 ms 247.306 ms 15/05/2018 18:07:06 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 2.126.22.140 (2.126.22.140) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 2.126.22.140: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=261 ms 64 bytes from 2.126.22.140: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=221 ms 64 bytes from 2.126.22.140: icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=260 ms 64 bytes from 2.126.22.140: icmp_seq=4 ttl=55 time=215 ms --- 2.126.22.140 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3000ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 215.347/239.737/261.574/21.405 ms 15/05/2018 18:07:06 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Tue May 15 18:07:05 2018 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- gateway 0.0% 10 0.4 0.9 0.4 4.6 1.2 2.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3.|-- 137.221.66.44 0.0% 10 0.6 0.7 0.6 0.7 0.0 4.|-- 137.221.78.72 0.0% 10 0.9 0.9 0.8 1.0 0.0 5.|-- 137.221.65.90 0.0% 10 6.8 6.7 6.6 6.8 0.0 6.|-- 137.221.79.32 0.0% 10 6.7 6.6 6.5 6.7 0.0 7.|-- be1028.er12.thlon.isp.sky.com 0.0% 10 7.3 7.6 7.3 7.9 0.0 8.|-- lag2.sr13.bllon.isp.sky.com 0.0% 10 8.0 8.4 7.7 13.8 1.8 9.|-- 027e168c.bb.sky.com 10.0% 10 249.3 208.7 136.0 250.9 37.4 15/05/2018 18:07:05 UTC --------------------Dumiz3 5d
5d game uninstalled itself so, my game just crashed, no big deal, games do that from time to time, but the weird thing is that when i went to start it up again, the game had uninstalled itself and needed to install again, i did that and now the game is running perfect again, but i have no idea how this happened and if it happens again, is there a way to fix it so i don't have to wait for the install time again.FrozenSolid4 5d
5d Game sounds are still being swallowed 29 Aug 2015 (Edited) Often, especially when there are many sounds played at once, sounds and lines are being "swallowed". Most often it happens with Sylvanas E ability, Tychus' quotes - as I noted. "...alk ... alk..." - Sylvanas E instead of uninterrupted sound sounds like it appears and vanishes every 0.2 seconds. Some sounds are not played at all - like pings or Johanna's pulling ability. I tried troubleshooting at support page - no success. This problem is exclusive to HotS. Other blizzard and non blizzard games are working fine. Problem appeared with latest patch.SlyFly0 5d
5d "This play mode is currently disabled" Hi, I'm getting "This play mode is currently disabled" when I hover over the ready button for any modes except Ranked and Brawl. I don't really care about QM or unranked anyway but how am I supposed to level up new heroes? I tried repairing I've tried removing both the battlenet app and the game and re downloading and yet no fix. Firewall seems fine, otherwise ranked wouldn't work also I guess. Anyone have any ideas?marowitt4 5d
5d PC freezes completely in windowed fullscreen The last few months I've had to use fullscreen mode to play HOTS since windowed fullscreen crashed my computer, freezing it completely until I reset the whole PC. It only happens when I tab out of the game, instantly freezing everything then, including HOTS. I've had this issue with my last PC too a few months ago. I've since bought a brand new PC with nothing of the old PC remaining and the issue persists. I've seen a few forum threads with the same issue but nothing ever came of it. Please help :)Vrocas0 5d
5d Reward problem Hallo, Habe folgendes problem. Ich wurde vo einem Freund geworben habe mich auch registriert, dann stand die meldung ich soll die Belohnung im spiel abholen aber dort kann ich nichts sehen was zum nehmen ist. Daher bitte ich den support und Mitglieder um hilfeBlackWarLord1 5d
5d crashing when opended heroes of the storm keeps crashing everytime i open it and the error message gave me this code aswell what do i do? 4CA0911A-14EB-4810-89D7-0C8F1D4FD829darkbrother61 5d
5d I cannot send friend requests I cannot send friend requests only receive themRandomraver1 5d
5d Volume perpetually low after using Discord So I used Discord last night and all was fine. In the morning, I played HOTS again and I noticed the volume was REALLY low. I checked the game settings and it was maxed out. My laptop's master volume was maxed out as well. I played music and it was LOUD (as it should be). I tried checking Discord but it didn't help. I closed Discord as well and it was still low. Help?yourfoodiate3 5d
2d Blizzard client crash leading to lost rank. I have just lost a rank today because of Blizzard's client crashing during champion select, it was not my fault, it was not my internet's fault, it was not my PC's fault, Blizzard's client crashed during champion select after which Heroes Store and ranked queue was disabled for a while, I do not see how any of the above is fair, losing a rank because your client crashed.Lynx2 2d
6d No game audio Im having problems with in-game audio and i dont really understand what's going on. The audio for the game has been perfectly fine until it randomly stopped during a ranked game, i couldnt hear any game sounds, just my music i had playing in the background. I've ran the scan and repair tool but nothing was fixed or changed. Whats even weirder is that when i go into my in game settings and turn the music volume up or down i can briefly hear it, then it just vanishes again, evidently the game is using the correct output device.Bleak1 6d