Technical Support

17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista Starting later this year, we will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. After these older operating systems are no longer supported, the games will not run on them, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version. We’ll be rolling out this change on a staggered schedule, and will post further notices as we get closer to making the change for each game.Radathryl0 17 Feb
30 Jul 2016 Fatal Error - Crashing with message e_gfxErrorApi Error Hello everyone, We are currently investigating the cause of Heroes of the Storm crashing with the message e_gfxErrorApiError. In the meantime, please try using one of the two methods below to run Heroes of the Storm with DirectX 9. On the Blizzard App click on Options and then Game Settings. Go to Heroes of the Storm and check off Additional Command line arguments. In the box type -dx9 and then press Done. Launch Heroes of the Storm. Or Open the Documents folder and then open the Heroes of the Storm folder in Documents. Open the Variables.txt file (you can open it with Notepad). Add Forcedx9=1 to the file. Save the Variables.txt file. Restart the game. Thank you!Vyraneer0 30 Jul 2016
19 May 2016 Game Crashes due to Overlay Software (Curse/Discord/Overwolf etc) We are currently aware of an issue resulting in game crashes when using overlay programs. Overlay programs are applications that display information over top of Heroes of the Storm (such as voice chat information). Since these applications add information in our rendering process, they may cause Heroes to crash. Temporarily disabling or uninstalling the overlay application may resolve the crash. Additionally, you can also try a Selective Startup to disable all background programs on restart, which may resolve additional crashes.Xulkayci0 19 May 2016
24 Apr 2016 Overclocking Notice Greetings, We've been investigating a series of graphical and crash related issues, and have noticed that users may be running overclocked graphics cards. Overclocking is the process of forcing hardware to operate faster than the manufacturer's default clock frequency. Overclocking can cause marginal performance improvements, but will also create instability in your system resulting in glitches or crashes. This can cause trouble with games that run your hardware at full tilt, such as Heroes of the Storm and Starcraft II. What many users don't know, however, is that some manufacturers will sell cards with terms like "Superclocked," "Turbo," and "Supercharged" to denote that they have been overclocked. As we call out in our performance troubleshooting articles, we recommend contacting your card manufacturer for assistance with downclocking your card to safe parameters as set by the vendor (Nvidia, AMD, etc.). If you are not sure if your system is overclocked, you can use the following tools and steps: 1. Download a third-party tool such as GPU-Z, which shows clock speeds. 2. Once loaded, look for the Name and GPU Clock Speed. 3. Look up your graphics card clock speed through a search engine. Recommended search terms include <Graphics card name> base clock (Example: Nvidia GTX 770 base clock would lead to a product page here) 4. Compare the Base Clock Speed from the manufacturer's documentation and your recorded GPU Clock Speed. If your GPU Clock Speed is greater than the base, your card is overclocked. If you find that your card is overclocked, speak with your card manufacturer for assistance in adjusting the clock speed to that of the vendor-recommended settings. Popular manufacturers include Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, PNY and ASUS. For Nvidia Cards: Opening the Nvidia Control Panel and clicking Help > Debug Mode from the menu will set your clock speeds to factory recommended. You can enable this mode to verify if overclocking is causing a game issue.Vyraneer0 24 Apr 2016
27 Nov CROWDS on Twitter – The Fifth Season Do you like helping other players? Have a good knowledge of Blizzard games and services? Then this might be for you! Keep reading, adventurer. “So… what’s this CROWDS thing about?”, you might ask yourself. CROWDS is a community-based support initiative that allows players to help their fellow adventurers through Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our Twitter channels. This app allows you to see and respond to tweets that are asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. It doesn’t matter if you’ve participated in previous seasons or are just thinking about joining now, we would love to see you take part and, just like the previous seasons, we even have some prizes ready for the best contributors. We know, we know, helping others is its own reward… but a bit extra doesn’t hurt either, does it? So, if you manage to outshine your fellow participants, you’ll be able to choose from some fancy rewards. It doesn’t matter what the Kobolds say, you DO take candle*. *Candle proved too difficult to take, you’ll be able to choose from the following: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7), including Kobolds & Catacombs! Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Delmoryth0 27 Nov
19 Nov MAC - Black Screen on game launch - OpenGL 4.1 Hello everyone, If you happen to have a black screen when launching Heroes of the Storm after selecting the Open GL 4.1 Rendering API option, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue: -Go to Finder -Press Shift+CMD+G -Type the following: ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Heroes of the Storm Locate the file Variables.txt and open it. Locate to the line “GraphicsAPI=OpenGL3” and change it to “GraphicsAPI=OpenGL2”. Close and save the Variables.txt file. You can now launch the game in OpenGL 2.1 without the Blackscreen issue. OR You can just delete the Variables.txt file and run a Scan and Repair. This will default all in-game options, so you will have to change your options back to what you had selected after launching the game.If you are still having issues after this, please make a post in the forums and we can help diagnose the issue further.Vyraneer0 19 Nov
05 Oct [MAC] Can't click on minimap or portrait Hello guys, There are currently a few issues that occur when using the Metal API, with one of them being the inability to click on the minimap or hero portrait. For now, we recommend you to switch from the Metal API to the OpenGL API in the game options: Open the Menu by clicking on the Cogwheel icon in the bottom right corner of the Heroes of the Storm home screen and select Options. Under the Graphics section, look under the Display subsection for Render API. Change Render API to OpenGL 4.1 (or OpenGL 2.1 if 4.1 is not available) Save the changes and restart the Heroes of the Storm client. We understand that the game may not run as well as when using Metal API, and we are currently working towards a resolution. Thank you for your patience!Vyraneer0 05 Oct
04 Oct COMMON CONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct
23 Jul Crashing and Windows 10 Creators Update Hello all, The latest update to Windows 10 (Creators) has been re-enabling the Xbox Game DVR. Heroes of the Storm could crash and have other performance issues when the Xbox DVR is enabled. To disable the DVR, please follow the instructions provided in this support article. If disabling the game DVR does not resolve the issue, please also ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date: NVIDIA video cards AMD video cards Intel video cardsVyraneer0 23 Jul
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes – Read Before Posting! Welcome to Heroes of the Storm 2.0. Don’t forget to read Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Launch Notes! Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Recruit a Friend For more information on this feature, please click here. I didn't get enough loot boxes! If you are a veteran player and wondering how many loot chests you should get, please, read this! Replays Not Saving See here for fix. Graphical anomalies (NVIDIA users) Update your graphics drivers and restore your NVIDIA Control Panel to default settings. This player is hacking! Please report directly to hacks@blizzard.com with as much information as possible. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck/slow downloads/BLZXXXXX/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
4h Unusual High Latency in HotS only Dear Technical Support, As per object, i have unusually high lag spikes in HotS only. I already did the Looking Glass tool scan, but it was not that much helpful. PING: PING 87.20.67.105 (87.20.67.105) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 87.20.67.105 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3003ms 10/12/2017 23:04:17 UTC -------------------- TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 87.20.67.105 (87.20.67.105), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 gateway (Blizzard) 0.396 ms 0.400 ms 0.471 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.10.100 (37.244.10.100) 0.885 ms 0.923 ms 0.970 ms 4 37.244.10.32 (37.244.10.32) 0.867 ms 0.888 ms 0.927 ms 5 * * * 6 * * * 7 * * * 8 * * * 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 10/12/2017 23:04:17 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Sun Dec 10 23:04:18 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- gateway 0.0% 10 0.4 0.4 0.3 0.6 0.0 2.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3.|-- 37.244.10.100 0.0% 10 1.0 1.0 0.9 1.1 0.0 4.|-- 37.244.10.32 0.0% 10 0.8 1.0 0.8 1.2 0.0 5.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 10/12/2017 23:04:17 UTC -------------------- I also cannot ping neither one of the two ip address you give as reference for debugging purpouses, 185.60.112.157 or 185.60.112.158, could you please help me?Chairos0 4h
6h Mouse problems after upgrading to High Sierra Hello, The next evening after upgrading my 2017 13inch Macbook Pro to High Sierra I started playing HOTS. At first the mouse was ok, but then after several minutes in-game my mouse starts to work strangely. Trying to move it down and right slowly is very glitchy. When moving up and left it is slightly better. At first I thought there were dust particles near to the laser, but no. I tried multiple times, with two separate mice, and the issue was the same. I'm using Logitech G300, I tried updating the drivers, but that didn't help. As the issue persisted with two different mice, I believe it is a HOTS software issue. Playing with mouse settings didn't help either. Trackpad works fine I believe. The issue usually starts after one minute in-match. Minimizing the game and then maximizing it usually helps for at least a minute. UPDATE: I just noticed that the issue arises after using Drag the screen with middle mouse button. Please, fix it. Thank you.Promeherm12 6h
7h HoTS Lagg Spikes I get spikes that last for 1-2 second every 10-15 seconds on average in all game modes (not try mode). I've been playing HoTS without issues since technical alpha up until now. I have no problem when playing other games including other Blizzard games. Tried all the suggestions listed in the forums (ip release/ flush DNS, Power cycle devices, reinstalling HoTS, changing graphic setting and more) but nothing has helped. Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks DxDiag: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgCnM2HobxfkiVKKAt9-1HoN2GMa MSInfo: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgCnM2HobxfkiVHN5eO43hZtUe_KJakobolle2 7h
7h Gettin lag spikes in Hots, AND ONLY HOTS! Trying to post here agian, even if i didn't get a respons 4 month ago on the same problem. But what the hell you can't contact blizz in any other place aparently. I have problem runing Hots. I get lag spikes every 30- 60 sec. And it's only in Hots, all other games runs fine no lag spikes at all. and reinstalling the game dosen't solve the problem sett down all the settings to lowest dosen't help. Can a paying custummer finly get the help he pays for or should i just stop playing blizzard games. Becous blizzard aperently don't care if ther games are playable or not.Domerock15 7h
9h Free Jaina with D3 Battle Chest Hi all! I just bought a boxed edition Diablo 3 Battle Chest and i get 3 gift card. One card is give code to free Jaina in HoTS but i already have Jaina.. Someone know option to "trade" this hero for an other? Maybe the staff can change it? Ty for all help and answer.DeadlyFr0sT0 9h
9h Hotkeys saved? I wish... After accepting the new hotkeys the game says the profile is saved. When i reopen them, they are restored to default. Why? I have to change them cuz my Q button is gone! it's just the metal below.. thanks to aba stab. Please reply in case you know what i have to do. thanksOmneon53 9h
12h disconnect penalty on Brawl (6-13/12) i get a disconnect penalty on brawl only for disconnecting like 2-3 second due to lag spike. this results to progress too. Edit: Forgot to say this "disconnect" happens only in brawl.In QM works fine.Spinachspy0 12h
13h Bug in Brawl Super bug in Brawl,i played 2 rounds and all was normal, in 3 round picked Reynor and just could not use skills Q and R, only W. And could not writing in chat-press Enter just swap channel. Ye, i know joke about rey=rightclick, but ofc we loosed game. (sry for bad English).DirtyRamirez1 13h
14h Disconnecting from server Disconnecting from server and never connect back to game .What is wrong wwith this....yambaxx2 14h
16h Stream and game lags when trying to broadcast HotS The last couple of days i have been unable to stream Heroes of the Storm. When Streaming to Twitch with OBS the stream lags, and today the game also started to lag when trying to stream it. When i move the cursor to another monitor the lag stops. All other games runs perfectly. The CPU is only using 30-50%, and im not dropping frames. I tryed updating Nvidia graphic driver and messing around with the graphic settings in-game, but nothing solved the problem.Psynatron1 16h
1d Mouse lag on Mac OS It has happened for a few weeks now. It lags when I am in the game and in the hero selection. However it doesn't lag in the hero selection when the settings dialog is open. As soon as I close it, the mouse lags. It looks like a HotS bug to me as it didn't appear before. It's really annoying because it's become hard to play now. Needless to say that my mouse doesn't lag in any other game. Logitech G700s. Thanks for supportUnivTon0 1d
1d Low FPS in teamfights/multiple heroes Game runs fine, but when there is a teamfight/more heroes I get a drop to 1 FPS. Is it just me or is it a common issue?Ragman15 1d
1d HOTS freeze all PC I've been experiencing this issue since about a week. During the execution of the game the PC suddenly freeze, the graphic is frozen (no black screen), the audio is frozen in white noise and the computer is totally unresponsive (cannot do anything except force the shut down). The issue happens totally random, sometimes 3-4 times together, sometimes I play 3-4 hours with no problems. The issue happens also in the main menù of HOTS not only in game. I have windows 10 and all the drivers updated. Any idea? Thanks for helping!Dreamer5 1d
1d Blizzard error Every time I close the game I get an error. A window opens with a code to send to Blizzard. How can I get rid of this hatred?EOA1 1d
1d Heroes of the Reconnecting i dunno if this is the right forum but ever since hearthstone expansion this game has done nothing but struggle to maintain a connection.The home server of 700ping, i made sure nothing else was connected to the internet just to see if it helps, called the internet company made sure it was running and downloading is quick as hell 40 minutes to download a 8+gb game.(just a test of net speed), and no i wasnt running the download whilst in hots even turned my mobile phone off lol in case of surprise updates i am running a this on the lowest of settings on a pretty much high end pc i just can't do the right voodoo dance to make it playableJet1 1d
1d Hanging 4,000 gold notification Hi I've been out for a "while"... to be honest.. a long "while". Came back recently and I've noticed that in meantime was added a lot of content (ie. chest). But - there also in some time was free hero to choose from three. Not shure which one though, although i believe there was Tyrande in there. Apparently I've bought all three already. So since my coming back about month ago I've this popup that I recived 4,000 gold. And I've found no way to put it down for good. Every login, this is there, at the right edge of application. No matter what I do, and whatever I click to acquire that gold. That "you have recived a free gold" icon above the chat. And it starts to be annoying (also i don't like "hanging" notifications). I don't care for that 4,000, not shure if I acquired it already - but that notification starts to freak me out.Arneun9 1d
1d Not Available When Initializing Game Mode I just did an update and am unable to play Arcade or Ranked matches. The play button stays faded. Please help.XxRexRyanxX1 1d
1d Ultimate evolution altar bug? - Towers of doom Hi, I had this strange bug tonight. I had ultimate evolution on ETC and started channeling altar. The channel was canceled twice with no reason that I could find of even after watching the replay. I didn't press any buttons whatsoever. If you need replay on the game to investigate, just let me know. Greetings from Finland -SamuEiolesipulia1 1d
1d Samuro Stealth bug I just played a game of Samuro when i discoverd a huge bug. I dont know if this happens often but either way. I didnt get any Way of the Wind procs out of stealth. Neither did i get the increased DMG from Harsh Winds. I later discover that the only way i was able to get these things during the first second or so after stealthing. Blizz pls fixFarron1 1d
1d silence bug hello again i posted a report about a bug but cm says me " If you wish to appeal the silence, you will need to do so through a ticket." i dont want to appeal i want to report a bug if i says nothing, i cant be muted for abusive chat my team chat is disabled i speak nothing i cant be silenced more, then i'm allready is i'm turn my chat off years ago so, its a bug thank you https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/17617203770MADGOD1 1d
1d HL: Finished Gold3 and started Bronze5 Hey all, Just a question: Last season on Heroes League I finished as Gold 3 rank and when I started to play the new season I started to play with Bronze 5 guys. This is the first time it has happened to me! The thing is that while blizzard cannot fix the MM system, you know that this is impossible to climb back to my normal rank, while bronze players are so so bad. If any of the technical support reads this, can please give an explanation about it? Is it possible to be a technical issue? Is this normal?? P.S. Haven't finished the placement games though, but still :( ThanksDonKan3 1d
2d repeated crash to desktop Hi, my game keeps crashing to desktop randomly since I've bought a new laptop. Error code is 8CC2A21B-8A6F-45A9-89BB-9593E6126A13 Specs: Intel core I7 16 GB RAM GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU and OS are up to dateBlackSpider5 2d
2d Brand new PC. 44fps. Brand new PC. Everything else runs like a dream. HOTS not so much. I've tried everything in my limited scope of knowledge to fix the issue. Had no issues on the PC before this one. I don't know what else to do. Game seems to be stuck at 44fps. I've had a few games where it runs 200+ frames (I know, pointless, but it goes to show that obviously something is wrong) and all seems fine. I'll start another match and it'll almost be locked at 44fps but will sometimes jump to 69fps for a few seconds. One odd thing, it says 44 frames, but doesn't FEEL like 44 frames. Feels more like 25. It's very odd. Anyway, happy Friday! dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/xUeuQAz4Iconik2 2d
2d silence bug my team chat is disabled i'm dont speaking at all i got a silenced statusMADGOD1 2d
2d Graphics Device Is Not Available on all Blizzard games Hello, I updated my Windows 10 today and afterwards all games (tried HotS, Diablo and Starcraft) crash on launch with "Graphics Device Is Not Available". (note: nVidia GeForce GTX 1050). Everything worked perfectly before the update. So far, I've tried: - updating nVidia drivers. - setting to "Max performance" in Power settings. - resetting settings in nVidia control panel. - disabling X-Box DVR recording. - (obviously) restarting both the app and the laptop. - running repair on HotS. Any other ideas? Thanks.IAmCis1 2d
2d my mouse pointer is not working correctly in hots only hi. i have this problem:when i go ino game my mouse pointer isnt working correctly like before.for exp for clicking on play i must click on watch button.i must click on the right and below the goal.please help me. i cant even open in game option because i have to click on out of windows.i have this problem after i change my windows.but i use the same.tnxnightmare23 2d
2d Cannot start any game, error appears after connecting Hi there, Recently, I am unable to play any HOTS. Whatever game mode I choose, after finding a game, the game stalls on 'connecting' and then after a few second displays an error message: 'a problem occorred when connecting tot the game, please try again later'. i have tried all the fixes I could find on the forums (clear cache, the ip config reset and repairing the game from the battle.net program). I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game. All to no avail! My pc (windows 10 - 64 bit) is connected to internet by ethernet cable and internet seems to be working just fine. I am able to play other (Blizzard) games such as hearthstone perfectly fine. Weird detail: for some reason, some links and parts of Blizzards/battle.net website (for example the links in the post: "COMMON ISSUES & FIXES – READ BEFORE POSTING!") are not accessable for me and I get a connection timed out error. Also i cannot acces the links that help me verify my 'traceroute' and 'pathping'. Frankly, i have absolutely no clue what these things mean and google was too vague for someone who isn't all that tech savvy unfortunatly... I live in the Netherlands, my ISP is Ziggo. Thank you in advance for the help, it's much appreciated. RobRobanos1 2d
2d Game freezes and stutter. plus full screen mode issue Hi, since the update , i am starting to get lots of in game hangs / screen freezes or game stutters during matchs. not lags , just the games freezes for a few seconds then stutters and run normal again for few more minutes. I am also having an issue after the last update, as when I opened HOTS in full screen mode, i found the my mouse pointer, though look like in the right place , it is actually clicking somewhere above to the left. changing the resolution or playing in window mode seems to fix it. NB: just after updating to patch 29.2, and before running the game, i did 2 things 1- changed my computer mouse - now i am using Razer 2 - i updated my Gforce driver to latest latest.Mido4 2d
2d windows 10 shuts down unexpectedly I've tried everything possible , its not a issue of temp or hardware im still not be able to play ONLY heroes of the storm is randomly restarting the system before starting the loading page or after in the game can be that i play 2 full games or not ... i have all latest drivers install by original sites ... i been forced by nervous to pay a technical support to repair it and they say its nothing to be repaired . In my deep research, i found is a bug in the latest Windows 10 update and is doing something with the permissions problem ...i wrote them directly in Microsoft and they say to do some checking and restoring think and i did it and didn't resolve anything I check also this issue and did all permissions for the users and games and i have still the restarting problem ... I'm really desperate, i don't know what to do more .. i just know that is a problem of bad configuration , i have other games working perfect heaver than HOS ... i just want if somebody wanna enter in team viewer or some support of somebody to make me go in the right direction to help me to ask me to stay online and say how i can finally repair my Pc .thank you all people im waiting for no sleeping just for answer thank you all . i have skype facebook phone number also speak 5 languages ...SHARKY6 2d
2d PC Fully freezes at random in HOTS Hello! I have an issue with HOTS, for more than a month now and I really don't know what to do. Running Win7, 64 bit on a PC that exceeds the recommended specs for HOTS. What happens is the game fully freezes my PC and it requires a reboot. This happens every few games. Never happens in the first game of the day and very rarely in the second. Usually after the 90 minute mark is when I expect it to hit. Never freezes in the log screen or when loading etc. It is always IN the actual match that it happens. Doesn't get triggered by any specific events. May just happen when I am riding around the map as well as in a team fight. Full on random. Checked temperature - nothing abnormal. Am running latest drivers from nVidia. Deleted and reinstalled the game. Other games don't seem to cause any such problems. Kinda running out of basic ideas. Am looking for a solution, as I want to keep enjoying the game. Let me know if there is anything I should try. Peace!Ferocitas13 2d
3d MASSIVE RANDOM FPS DROPS Since a few days ago I've been getting random FPS drops, down to 5~10 FPS for periods longer than a few minutes. It used to run smoothly trough the entire game with no problems. A few days earlier I had a big Windows 10 update and also a GPU driver update, not sure if it is related. Im running a x64 Windows 10, i7-4710MQ 2.50 GHz, 16GB RAM with a GeForce GTX 850MCBJs3 3d
3d HotS don't detect dedicated graphic card HotS only detects Integrated graphics card on my laptop (Intel HD graphics 3000) and not dedicated (Radeon HD 6700M). Tried disabling integrated card but then Hots proceeds to run with windows basic display instead of card. I have added all af HotS executable files to CCC in high performance. Have tried both 32 and 64 bits and no difference Can't even get 60 fps on low settings SO is Windows 10 Pro N DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/1H1yLQVcBeldr11 3d
3d Screen Flickering HOTS After the recent update whenever i launch the game my screen flickers and the game is unplayable. I have followed all the advice given before posting this such as restarting, scanning files, checking my driver is UTD. Nothing seems to work. help please.Pikadrew0 3d
3d HotS not detecting GPU I'm currently running HotS on a MSI GE70, which has a 4600 Intel gpu and a Nvidia GTX 765m. I used to play HotS in 2015 with no problems whatsoever. However, I happened to reinstall it and found out it somehow doesn't detect the GTX anymore. This is strange, since Overwatch still detects the better gpu after reinstalling it as well. I did add the HotS exe to Nvidia's control panel. I've even configured all of the Battle.net and HotS associated folders to use the GTX in the Nvidia control panel, which are the following: The Program Files (x86) battle.net folder The HotS installed location folder The Programdata battle.net folder The Appdata local battle.net folder None of these resolved the issue, as the GTX remains undetected further confirmed by the low FPS ingame. Nvidia drivers are up to date, so that shouldn't be the problem either. I've even tried disabling the Intel 4600 hoping HotS would grab the GTX, but then it detects the microsoft basic render driver and renders menus at 2 fps. Any other game runs on the GTX just fine, HotS is the exception. Here are two screenshots of the HotS settings showing the wrong GPU: https://image.ibb.co/eykKRF/Screenshot2017_03_09_20_21_32.jpg https://image.ibb.co/exz2fa/Screenshot2017_03_09_20_54_31.jpg And here's Overwatch detecting the right GPU: https://image.ibb.co/cgQm6F/Screen_Shot_17_03_09_21_14_42_000.jpg Am I missing something? Is there anything else I can try or should I just give up on trying to play HotS again?Truthbearer2 3d
3d Game Crash Always get this after quit B3110B3C-FDFB-4318-B53B-A18836BCE5B1 Happened since the Battle.net update. Please take a look. Thank You!Rusher4 3d
3d 0/3 AI quest i can't complete vs AI quest , even if i play tons of Coop. its still at 0/3. Mumus #11621 EuropeÖrző3 3d
3d Persistent lag spike issue Hi. Recently I have been experiencing my ping spiking to upwards of 200 in a very persistent matter. I have not had this issue before as my ping would stay at around 50ms all the time. Some things to note are that I recently made a fresh install of windows 10 (HDD replacement) although I am not sure if that triggered these issues as I have not played HOTS much prior to that. Another thing to note is that as far as online games go HOTS is the only one giving me trouble. Also I was able to play yesterday evening completely lag free and at the time running pathping would only go over 1 hop no matter how many times I retried - not sure if that indicates something. Pathping 185.60.112.157 - https://pastebin.com/13vD2ZdF Pathping 185.60.112.158 - https://pastebin.com/pM949W2h Tracert 185.60.112.157 - https://pastebin.com/jCKb9tGe Tracert 185.60.112.158 - https://pastebin.com/RsAHjyBm Looking Glass - https://pastebin.com/0p08cErZCheri7 3d
3d Windows problems Hey technical support! I was wondering if you can help me with a problem. I just got a draft / ranked ban, due to disconnect. The disconnect was purely caused by windows update DDOS'ing me (sending prof picture.) I kept disconnecting from games because i had no way of cancelling windows update. Do you know anyway of cancelling / disabling windows update. FYI. I am really angry at windows Picture from joblist duing one of the many internet crashed caused by windows update - https://imgur.com/KPBVvjdRalli1 3d
4d Unlocking Temporarily Unavailable I updated hots at last night and went to sleep. I opened the game today and when I go to collection, it says Unlocking Temporarily Unavailable and cant see any heroes skins etc... And I cant see the new hero that called Stukov.Arexiel5 4d