Season Roll Placement Issue - 12/13

General Discussion
With yesterday’s patch, a number of players unfortunately encountered an issue that caused them to be placed at ranks that were significantly different from where they ended the previous season. This issue is unrelated to our Performance-Based Matchmaking implementation, and is instead a result of an issue with Matchmaking Rating seeding from the previous season. We’ve finished diagnosing the problem and are currently working on a fix which, once completed, means that we will be resetting the Hero and Team League records (including placement matches) of any affected accounts.

In order to implement the fix without taking down the servers, we will need to disable the Hero and Team League Matchmaking queues for roughly an hour. Our current plan is to start this in all regions at some point tomorrow, Dec 14, but we will keep this thread updated if anything changes. For players that have yet to complete your ranked placement matches, we recommend waiting until this issue is addressed.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this causes for those of you that have already made significant progress into Season 1 2018. We’re extremely excited to show off the major gameplay changes included in this patch, and will be working hard to implement a fix so you can experience everything the Nexus has to offer without major issues like this. Thank you very much for your patience.
14/12/2017 11:24Posted by Kheluriel
With yesterday’s patch, a number of players unfortunately encountered an issue that caused them to be placed at ranks that were significantly different from where they ended the previous season. This issue is unrelated to our Performance-Based Matchmaking implementation, and is instead a result of an issue with Matchmaking Rating seeding from the previous season. We’ve finished diagnosing the problem and are currently working on a fix which, once completed, means that we will be resetting the Hero and Team League records (including placement matches) of any affected accounts.

In order to implement the fix without taking down the servers, we will need to disable the Hero and Team League Matchmaking queues for roughly an hour. Our current plan is to start this in all regions at some point tomorrow, Dec 14, but we will keep this thread updated if anything changes. For players that have yet to complete your ranked placement matches, we recommend waiting until this issue is addressed.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this causes for those of you that have already made significant progress into Season 1 2018. We’re extremely excited to show off the major gameplay changes included in this patch, and will be working hard to implement a fix so you can experience everything the Nexus has to offer without major issues like this. Thank you very much for your patience.

Can you confirm that who played yesterday HL or TL need to play again the placement matches?
Can we have better informations? What time is gona happen and is it gona be a total ranked reset, i mean for all players?
How will we be notified if the problem is fixed and that the queue are up again?
Still waiting for the reset. What is taking so long?
why is there not a notification INGAME instead of just a forum post?
Hello, I just found this.

Posted by LOLmaster

"Maintenance on ranked mode has been delayed. We will provide a new time frame once is maintenance rescheduled. We appreciate your patience!"

No way, Sherlock.
Won a teamleague with a friend, still 10 games to be placed for us.
14/12/2017 11:24Posted by Kheluriel

Come ne guys!! why isn't mine reset? i was effected by this farse too and i don't expect to be waiting around much longer for you guys to get yourselves together! i've been super loyal to this game despite having gripes with how some of the systems work.. i was optimistic for the new season knowing that i've gotten much better as a player and hoping to flaunt a new cleaner record this season. so i win 7 out of 10 games all of which i carried my team only to get a bronze 5? i see that everyone else has been reset.. my account was effected to!! how are they judging what accounts were effected? The hots team really has to be sharper than this because it just makes you look so bad when you are experimenting and implementing new things to the game but one of the pillars of why this game is addictive as it is, remains broken!
I did 8 out of 10 games. Started yday due to work etc. So can i continue now or wait and redo all? Seems to be fine for me. I ended gold 5 and playing with gold 2/1.

6 wins and 2 losses sofar.
Got Grandmaster last season... ended on 3k Master.
ALL my placement games were done with diamond people.
I played 6-4 and got ranked d2 and pushed that to d1...
Today i log on expecting a reset....instead im still d1...
How am i not one of the affected accounts? And actually how are not all accounts affected when all placements around all ratings had people who did and did not belong there, either carrying or throwing?

blizzord pls
Good evening, everyone,

We've just completed the planned Ranked Mode resets for this season on affected accounts in all regions. Affected accounts will see that they are no longer placed, and internally, their ratings are now seeded properly for the new season. Thank you for your patience, and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We wish you all luck in your placements!
No You haven't completed the rank resets. You are so icompetent. Why haven't you done a complete reset for everyone? How did you determine which accounts were affected. Mine is still affected. Did you randomly picked some accounts and reseted does?
So i ended up last season 5,3k points gm #194 on Eu, you can still look on the ladderboard you will find it, i played my placement games and got dia 1 ??? it is like i lose 30 games in a row you cant rly say iam not an affected account?
Main 2k pts going to d3 = not reset, smurf = 2700 pts reset, wp
15/12/2017 10:30Posted by Kheluriel
Good evening, everyone,

We've just completed the planned Ranked Mode resets for this season on affected accounts in all regions. Affected accounts will see that they are no longer placed, and internally, their ratings are now seeded properly for the new season. Thank you for your patience, and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We wish you all luck in your placements!

lies...
This is ridiculous. There are hundreds of accounts that were affected and were not reset mine included. You cannot be serious about this whole ordeal of reseting just some accounts. Literally every player I have in my list and even played TL with got reset, except mine. I got placed a lot lower than last season. This is absolutely crazy and you will lose a lot of people unless you reset it all. Everybody was affected. I was plat 1 and played my first 4 placements with people who had never played ranked before. You cannot be serious.
Cool, I was master 600 last season. I got placed Master 200 after promotions and won 8 games in a row to master 1800 and got reset this morning <3. Thank you so much for resetting my accaunt!
I don't want to sound like a troll, but winning 9/10 of my placement matches and ranking lower than I did last season with good stats in all games seems a little ridiculous. And you now say you have 'completed' the resets? I really think it would have been fairer to reset all the people who placed rather than people you choose to reset. The system wasn't working properly when I and others like me placed. Why didn't I and others like me receive a reset?
Why would you do that?
We've been dragging this silly MMR system behind us since the preseason. We finally got what appeared to be a reset, even though some players had it worse and you just decide to reset it and dump the bad data from the previous seasons on our heads once again.. just because... not only that, yo only do it for select people.
When you change the matchmaking system that would warrant a reset by default, yet we never actually had a real full MMR reset.

If your matchmaking system works, placement shouldn't have been a problem as people could get where they needed to be, but the thing is.. it still doesn't work, not one tiny bit so you try to force all these silliness on us.

LONG and BORING section incoming :) TLDR version: Somewhere along the lines there should've been a complete MMR reset, not soft.. and not anything else.. just a clean slate for everyone

Here's what happened in my case for example.
I've never played a moba before so in the preseason I was completely new to the game... was happy when I finally got my level 40 and could play 'hero league' without knowing what I'm getting in to.. so I played a couple of hundred games there (On Illidan... of all the heroes..) and lost most of them ofc.. which resulted in my MMR being pretty much 'marked for life'

After the new system all I got was Silver that even dropped down to bronze from time to time, despite actually becoming a decent player, the amount of troll games and general randomness in those leagues made it pretty much impossible to get out.

Once the Butcher rework hit.. it kinda felt like finally there's a hypercarry hero that if you play smart it would beat the bronze/silver region, so I started playing HL again and it was somewhat working. I picked him up whenever the composition allowed it... instead of playing it like a meat farmer, like most people there.. I was rotating between lanes all the time, catching people off guard, actually farming them plus the lane so I managed to complete the quest by level 10-12 every time.. which pretty much resulted in a win afterwards.. (had like a 90%- ish winrate with him in HL across like 50 games).
That got me up to Gold, but my MMR was still trying to drag me down.. negative personal adjustment every time..

It quickly got super boring so I had this idea that maybe in Gold we can finally play the game as it was intended to be played, actually drafting and filling in all the needed spots, while even outright avoiding to go for the Butcher, since that kinda felt like cheating at that point. Needless to say, regardless of how well I fulfilled my roles, teamwork was non-existent there.. everything was just random and chaotic, so I started falling back in silver again and kinda stopped playing HL for a bit, skipped a couple of seasons..

Now with the new announcement of performance based matchmaking I figured it's time to give it another shot.. especially since I've improved a lot from the beginning.. I now lead a HOTS group of 84 people where we have regular training events.. and I can hold my own in diamond / master level team games even on the squishiest of assassins. So after playing my placement games and winning 8 out of 10 I landed in the upper portion of Platinum 3. The games were starting to actually make sense for a change compared to how they used to be in silver / gold, so I figured they did an MMR reset and I can finally start playing HL again.
Then came this announcement, and today I log in to find all my placement games reset.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to whine, I'm simply seeking some form of logic in this entire messed up system we have... and thought I'd present my case as an example scenario with all the details. I also understand the situation of all the high ranked people who got it backwards, but still.. if they introduce a new system that is finally supposed to rely more on individual performance.. why are we basing everything off of the old redundant data? Why can't we just have a clean slate for everyone so they don't have to create all these smurf accounts and stuff.. especially after a major change like this.